1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying Shasvastii

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by yoink101, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Technically you can discover against a decoy. But like you said, you can just shoot it. I suppose you just go with whichever has the best bonus. Since they took away a decoy for them, I'm just not on board with it anymore. The starting stats are pretty poor and using an order for just the possibility to get little better seems silly. yeah it's a -9 Reset roll but what if they still get it? It's big bet for little win.

2. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Jayth are interesting. They compete with Caliban for table time, usually with the Caliban winning. However the red fury and pit patrol are both really interesting. One is an excellent bully, and the other can do some serious shenanigans.

Ran a shrouded msr tonight, neat piece that are up a few orders. Biggest thing was being able to regenerate. I'm going to test it some more.

Savnock and Space Ranger like this.
  3. Animus

Animus New Member

I misread the rules :( So there is 50% chance that link will shoot Cadmus. And shooting in ARO is better than discover as you can kill him. Discovering option may be good on sensors etc.

4. theresponsibleone

theresponsibleone Active Member

Combat Jump Decoy is excellent for clearing deployables.

The real one can drop out of sight, the Decoy clears the mine or Koala, then the Cadmus hatches and wanders out to shoot.

Animus and colbrook like this.
  5. Space Ranger

I tried a challenge on myself of only taking models under 30pts. and I think I made a pretty good list I want to try. I really need the new Nox though. I still have old figures.

Shasvastii Expeditionary Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    SHROUDED (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    SHROUDED (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 23)
    SHROUDED MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 25)
    MENTOR (Hacker, Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 28)
    MENTOR (Lieutenant) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    SEED-SOLDIER (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 17)
    SEED-SOLDIER (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 17)
    MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit, MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    SLAVE DRONE PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) Light Flamethrower(+1B), Flash Pulse / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 9)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    Q-DRONE Heavy Machine Gun / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 25)
    NOX (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Zapper, Flash Pulse / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    NOX (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Zapper, Flash Pulse / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    NOX Heavy Machine Gun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 21)
    NOX Combi Rifle, Zapper / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    T-DRONE FTO Missile Launcher, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 19)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

6. Space Ranger

Something I hadn't thought of before with the Camdus is the KHD and Cybermask! Perfect for getting really close with that BSG.

7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I'm hijacking this thread for a moment, because I'm getting back into playing after a break, and I've found out that I struggle with putting together a list that clicks for me. There's too many toys in SEF, and I want to try them out again all at once :P Can you help me with deciding and/or tweaking what to field today?

I'll be playing Decapitation against Steel Phalanx today, and I managed to narrow my choices down to two options.

Both include double Caliban on the midfield, as MSV1 Spitfire is almost tailor-made for this kind of fights, and Calibans in general should be more surprising and resilient than standard Shas infiltrators. I also want to avoid using the usual suspects, so there's no TO Camo or Speculo in either of the lists. I'd also prefer to engage at longer range, to avoid getting into CC range with Myrmidons and special characters.

Option A will allow me to use Gwailo/M-Drone Duo to bait any MSV troopers on ARO duty, with Calibans and Cadmus exploiting any openings. Shrouded is there mostly as a fallback. Defence duty falls to Nox/T-Drone Haris, Haiduk SMR (who can redeploy forward later on, if necessary), and Ikadrons. E-Drone will switch between supportware to provide me with optimum capabilities.

Option A

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    GWAILO (Lieutenant, Multispectral Visor L2) Heavy Rocket Launcher ( ) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 43)
    M-DRONE FTO (Nanoscreen) Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 22)
    CADMUS-SOLDIER Red Fury / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1 | 26)
    CALIBAN (Multispectral Visor L1) Spitfire, D-Charges ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 38)
    NOX (Paramedic) Combi Rifle, Zapper ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    HAIDUK AP Marksman Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) Light Flamethrower(+1B), Flash Pulse / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 9)
    TAIGHA Chain-colt / AP + Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 5)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    SHROUDED Boarding Shotgun, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 22)
    E-DRONE Combi Rifle / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 18)
    CALIBAN (Engineer, Deactivator) Submachine Gun, Pulzar, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Option B is designed to play it safe to a larger degree. Instead of putting my Lt. up front I'll hide it in the back, protected by Nox Haris again, but also by a Q-Drone and Aida's mines. Jayth/Messer/Aida Haris will take the fight to the enemy; it's designed to have good options at any range under 24", CC included. It's also equipped to deal with Achilles if I run into it, and I might try to use Messer to put Targeted on any juicy target of opportunity, in which case it's GML time.

Option B

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    CALIBAN (Multispectral Visor L1) Spitfire, D-Charges ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 38)
    CALIBAN (Engineer, Deactivator) Submachine Gun, Pulzar, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    JAYTH CUTTHROATS Red Fury, E/M Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (1 | 38)
    VICTOR MESSER (Hacker, Hacking Device Plus) MULTI Rifle, Cybermines, Nanopulser(+1B), D-Charges ( ) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 33)
    AÏDA SWANSON (Minelayer) Submachine Gun(+1B), Viral Mines / Viral Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0.5 | 23)
    NOX (Paramedic) Combi Rifle, Zapper ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 16)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    Q-DRONE Heavy Machine Gun / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 25)
    MENTOR (Lieutenant) Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 26)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

8. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

They are much maligned but against a faction with a lot of CC monsters Jayth might be handy, MA and NBW is an annoying combination.
    I know what you mean about SEF list building though. There are loads of things I look at and think "Oh that could work" but combining it into a coherent list proves tricky.

Stiopa likes this.
  9. Stiopa

In the end I went with Gwailo list. Lost the game, but mostly due to my mindset, instead of going for objectives like a proper scheming frog, I focused on shooting it out. Some of it went well, some - not so much, lesson learned being that I really need to focus on what tf am I doing.

Savnock, RattlerNxt and Errhile like this.
  10. SunRunner

SunRunner New Member

For us Shas newbs can you explain the Linked Gwailo ARO exploit?

11. Stiopa

You run Gwailo in Duo with an M-Drone, moving both into LoF of an MSV unit. Said unit has to declare ARO, but can't shoot at Gwailo due to Albedo. So it can either shoot at M-Drone unopposed while allowing Gwailo to shoot at it unopposed as well, or Dodge, to protect the trooper from Gwailo.

12. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

but the ARO bait through smoke/white noise no longer works due to fact that you can "pre-emptively" declare AROs in hope you'll meet the requirements during resolution.

13. Evilized

Evilized Member

Greetings! Couple of thoughts from myself.
    I will start with downsides.
    IMO, we got only one problem. Sadly, Sheeskin doesnt get a full bs buff from a core link. No hitting on 21s before negative modifiers for us. Therefore, if we want core best hitter will be corax hasht in my opinion. 5 dice still 5 dice.

On the positive side:
    1) Sphinx just got better. Reason for that most core links shoot not as good as they did before.
    2) Core fireteam got worse. And we get, some good KHDs anyways. So, we can go with Sheeskin(i take HI) + GwailoHRLMSV2 + M drone. Good Haris with a lot of capabilities. M Drone has a repeater. Meaning our KHDs are able to suprise other hackers.
    3) My favourite part. The one which worked all the time and now it works better. Speculos and MSV spitfire Caliban. This couple can cut through opponents orders like a katana through hot cheese. Position your smoke right, re-impersonate and melee other MSV targets. Then see people trying to shift their army to deal with this 2 units. Usually, it lets rest of your army concentrate on objectives or nything else. I also put caliban into supressive fire in the enemy DZ couple of times. That was fun. Smoke helps.

Cheers.

14. Kwisatz Haderach

Kwisatz Haderach Zelenograd Shasvastii
    Warcor

I think shasvastii need some love, to be honest.
    I really enjoy Jayth… but 30+ pots for model with 1w?
    Wish they had Bioimmunity.
    It’s also a mystery for me, why only HRL Gwailo have MSV2. Spreading it to other options won’t break anything.
    Cadmus was my favorite model to play since N2… but now, I don’t think I’ll take him again in my lists. Sad :(.

P4ela154, Lesh' and infyrana like this.
  15. Khalipo

Khalipo Well-Known Member

I'm coming back to shasvastii after a long break... I'll share some thoughts!

Stiopa likes this.
  16. ShadowDrake777

He didn't make it

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  17. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

This is personal favorite list starter. Messer duos with a Jayth (or Sargosh). He can drop white noise via M-Drone repeaters. The gwailos haris is full nanoscreened so can move without terrain restrictions, and can leverage whitenoise.

[​IMG]5
    SARGOSH MULTI Rifle, Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 37)
    VICTOR MESSER (Hacker, Hacking Device Plus) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Cybermines ( ) / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 30)

M-DRONE FTO (Nanoscreen) Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 22)
    GWAILO Heavy Machine Gun / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 45)

2 SWC | 156 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Space Ranger likes this.
  18. P4ela154

P4ela154 Active Member

Cadmus needs in small rework. Maybe reduce BS and PH to 8, CC to 10 and reduce cost (12-14). We gets small cost unit who need to do morphoscan. So we can get unit at enemy deployment zone with fusils bs/ph by spending 2 orders (jump and morphoscan)

#38 P4ela154, Aug 19, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  19. Space Ranger

Morpho-scan is too situational for that. There needs to be stats good enough to allow for not using it. Also if it needs to be used, morpho-scan would need to automatically work. Right now they get a Reset. Even at -9 it can be still not work and waste an order.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation