1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Loss of LT. May have a negative impact

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Snowflake337, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Snowflake337

Snowflake337 Human Sphere Minority Activist

So I’ve been running some C1 learning demos for newer players and it has come to my attention that they prefer to run very aggressive LTs with big guns to gain the extra order. This is fine and all but they do so because there is no consequence for losing the LT.

now I understand that C1 was designed to simplify the game for new players but I really feel this promotes a very poor mind set as moving into N4 this type of tactic can and will be punished hard should they not build in the proper support (which does not exist in C1) so they will likely be set back with learning a whole new dynamic of play.

just my personal opinion, I’d love to hear others thoughts on the matter.

Lady Numiria likes this.
  2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

i heard that just the absence of many tools/special skills already require them to learn a whole new dynamic of play when switching to N4.

for ex: they'll prefer running HI and TAGs as the worse a skirmisher hacker can do is IMM-B in ZoC. Comes N4 and now they'll learn about repeaters, pitchers, and Oblivion (that stack with IMM-B for a -12 on Reset) and Total Control (a whole new way of dealing with enemy TAGs).

Snowflake337 likes this.
  3. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

This is honestly what I liked best about Code 1; models that you normally wouldn't use together because of cost/risk become more acceptable.

But I also see C1 and N4 as separate games, rather than seeing C1 as a stepping stone to N4.

Dragonstriker and Snowflake337 like this.
  4. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I've been playing my LT ultra aggressive with very little consequences since the middle of N3, just gotta play the right factions for it!

5. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

It's the only house rule I usually add to to C1 games too, because otherwise it's bad habit for new players in the long run.

Snowflake337 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation