1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrations on How it’s packaged

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Liber8Paradiso, Aug 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Liber8Paradiso

Liber8Paradiso New Member

I have been frustrated on the introduction packaging for the factions. I bought kalstrom but didn’t get the betting pack. Now I can’t get it separately unless it’sa resale on eBay. Even then I only want half. Now Blackwind is out and unless I wait for the action pack I’m looking at the same problem. Not sure how you guys feel. This doesn’t even touch on how they released the last book.

2. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It is what it is. This is their plan to continue on with, both evidenced by the last few boxes and today’s presentation.

chromedog likes this.
  3. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

The catalog is too big, there is no good solution to sell this catalog.

If you only make blister packs, the stores that promote the game locally, are stuck with unsold stock (or even not sellable if the design is rebooted) and an immobilization of m2 for a not enough sales volume (which leads to these stores not buying CB anymore).

CB could sell by unit directly from their website, but then it will be seen by the stores as unfair competition and they will not buy these products anymore.

On the other hand, in some countries like France, websites have the right to sell out of packaging, but for the moment nobody does it or in a very limited way (because there is a risk of overstock of references that will not sell or not very well). So if you know of a site that shares it, please share it (be careful that it is not a recaster ^^).

The best plan could be to go through a national split boxing service, but you have to be patient, this is the drawback.

A Mão Esquerda and chromedog like this.
  4. Liber8Paradiso

Liber8Paradiso New Member

I think how they have changed it to action pack, boosters and all is better than before. But having the Operation Box and then the Beyond aggregated in the faction booster makes it hard to collect if you miss beyond. I also have noticed that the bundles, or preorder free minis aren't advertised anymore at online stores, at least in the US. After their release you can see some offers for it, but no advertising it as a part of the item initially. This isn't a show stopper, just a little frustrating.

Lady Numiria likes this.
  5. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Agreed, I am still missing some of the Nomad models from the early Corregidor / PanO set they did and the Beyond with the female Intruder MMR. I had to go through split boxing and didn't grab all the models, now I'm still missing the odd one or two. Very frustrating indeed.

It works well when there are two new players or people who collect only one of the opposing factions each - that way a split makes sense and works out great. But for those of us without access to such other players and collect for other reasons, or who collect multiple factions etc, it's a bit of a nightmare.

6. Snowflake337

Snowflake337 Human Sphere Minority Activist

tbh I don’t mind the two faction battle packs as I own every faction. However even if you don’t it promotes the community as you can split the cost with someone and give them the other half. The only real downside is if it comes with a preorder exclusive, then they have to decide how to split that.

you can always wait for the separated action pack later too, though that puts you somewhat behind if your wanting to play with the new hot models now.

I think the new business model is fine outside of OOPing models that are 3D sculpt current and not making it more clear beyond a “last chance” mark in the official store.

I’m not a huge fan of large scale redesigns too like the new Morats, but about half look good so I let it slide.

7. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

The packaging does suck. It would be a lot nicer if they would just split them based on faction instead of tying 2 together.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation