1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About those ITS statistics...

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Hecaton, Aug 9, 2022.

1. 1337Bolshevik

1337Bolshevik Let them eat repeaters

Nomad players are crabs in a bucket. This is not a positive trait.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Are you saying that everyone should only advocate for the factions they play to be buffed? That's a really toxic sort of environment.

3. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Saying “my own faction is overpowered, gameplay or Nomad unit stats should be adjusted so I’m not screwing other players and we can all have an equal fun time” is not at all “crabs in a bucket.” We’re not trying to drag others down, we’re asking for our -own- tools to be brought back down in power into a fair range.

And I do not think-a that metaphor means what you think-a-it-means.

Stiopa, Danger Rose, Jumara and 2 others like this.
  4. 1337Bolshevik

The problem with that theory is that nomad units aren't overpowered. So too many players are giving into the gaslighting and trying to make thier mediocre faction just plain shit.

5. Hecaton

Some of them are. Jazz shouldn't exist as she does now. The Vostok should have had the Mimetism (-6) profile removed and kept the Albedo ones. Gator shouldn't have ECM (Hacking) -3. etc.

Jumara, WiT? and Savnock like this.
  6. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

That opinion is not shared by the actual Nomad players discussing the issue here. Your phrasing doesn’t help you make that claim, either.

7. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

YEP.

On a positive note, some good balance choices and changes -have- been made. And I do think CB’s design and balance are good overall. They just have slightly out of line things sometimes, and Corregidor has a pile-up of them right now.

Removing wildcard status from EVAders was a good one: they’re great in the main-line Corregidor units, where even as optimized as they are there is competition for the linkteam slots they occupy.

Fixing Morans’ camo-and-repeaters combo happened quickly, as it was actually game-breaking.

This too shall pass I think, but being clear that there’s an issue and what the scale of it is might help those changes happen more gracefully.

Elric of Grans and Abrilete like this.
  8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

And yet even with those things, CJC and Nomads don't dominate tournaments

Rejnhard and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  9. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

But unless it's backed up by stats it's just anecdotal feels.

10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I'm a Nomad player and I don't think they're overpowered, and I don't think the evidence supports that they are.

Rejnhard, AmPm and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  11. Hecaton

Player skill is not evenly distributed among all factions, and there's a lot of variation due to the community's small size.

Jumara and Savnock like this.
  12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Sure

And yet

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Bingo.

Also really skilled Infinity players tend to use whatever tools they find aesthetically appealing, or allow them to use weird emergent strategies that they can pull off and most other players can’t. I’ve been face-smashed with JSA and even MRRF by guys who win big tourneys. Their performance really masks (either amplifies or ameliorates) the quality of their tools.

So if you want decent info with a spitball attempt at a control, start by pulling out the top and bottom portion of results to account for distortingly-high and -low skill. See what the results look like for just us plebes in the middle. CA will still probably pwn, but I bet you see crutch-y Corregidor bounce upwards.

Even better, if you could see what percentage of those middle tier results’ lists involved Jazz with a Tinbot. Or how players
    fielding that specific configuration performed when using other factions in competitive play. Etc., etc.

All of this is just navel-gazing, without decent tools or quality (granular) transparent data.

It’s easy for us to throw doubts at each others’ assertions here, so I guess the question to ask yourself is: If you face a Jazz Tinbot Morans setup, how does that affect your gameplay and enjoyment?

IMO, negatively for me on both the opposing and using side.

SpectralOwl and Elric of Grans like this.
  14. Hecaton

Yes and no. Pointing out that a given faction gets better for cheaper isn't anecdotal.

15. Hecaton

You're not following what I'm saying.

16. Rejnhard

Rejnhard Well-Known Member

Have they ever? Non-rethoretical question.
    I've been with the game since mid N2 (with a gap for second half of N3), and at all points I remember Nomad bashing (in N2 it was mostly then-exclusive GML and Intruders) but at no point I remember Nomad dominance reflected in actual stats. ITS season rankings/statistics or big tournaments. Of course I did not follow stuff like that religiously, had a long break up with the game, and we're talking about long time here. But I risk an ask. Did Nomads or Nomad sectorials dominate in some measurable way at any point in the game? Key word: measurable.

1337Bolshevik likes this.
  17. 1337Bolshevik

I am a actual nomad player, I'm just a realz before feelz kind of man.

Solar and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  18. Hecaton

"Reelz" is inherently not bad statistics, however.

Savnock likes this.
  19. Hecaton

How are you defining "dominate"?

20. 1337Bolshevik

Those statistics are only "bad" in your mind because they don't much the nonsense that comes out of your rectum.

Solar and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation