1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is the game looking now?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Andre82, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

That's an inaccurate way of looking at the world. The halls of corporate power are full of people who compromised their ability to accrue money or power in order to feed their own ego. Private industry is not some Shangri-La of efficiency.

csjarrat, Savnock and cazboab like this.
  2. Forthfaran

Forthfaran Well-Known Member

It is in the name: PRIVATE message.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  3. Hecaton

Huh, you'd think if that were the case it'd be in the forum rules. It's not, and it's not a widespread convention.

4. Forthfaran

What is not a widespread convention?

5. Hecaton

Treating the contents of PMs like classified information.

6. Forthfaran

In my experience, basic manners are widespread in this regard and I wonder about your experiences.
    Well, I have to remember not to send you private messages if I want them to be private…
    But I will stop now with this offtopic.

7. Hecaton

Yeah, well, basic manners would imply not calling someone hostile for simply disagreeing with you, but there you go...

8. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

As opposed to General Bulletin or Major Announcement.

9. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Or Lieutenant Placeholder.

Judge Dredd, Savnock and cazboab like this.
  10. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Corporal Dickpic

Cthulhu363, Savnock and cazboab like this.
  11. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Sergeant Butler… Subaltern Bottom…

Judge Dredd, Savnock and cazboab like this.
  12. Hecaton

Colonel Oscopy is real and he plays Infinity.

13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

In terms of game balance the universal issues as I see them are;

1) Expensive 1 W troops are generally hard to justify in a world of DTWs, which are extremely prevalent.

2) It is arguably a little too easy to guided missile, perhaps a return of the U-Turn hacking program would be appropriate?

But generally these things are a result of edition shifts. HI used to suck and it was all about skirmishers, and guided missiles were pretty poor in N3. In N4 those things have changed. I am not 100% sure how I'd resolve no.1 tbh.

I'm terms of factions, I'd say YJ are a little weak in places and that generally most Sectorals and factions are fine, especially post Avatar nerf. I am not sure if I'd really say any of the factions or Sectorals are particularly OP although I think almost every vanilla is stronger than their sectorals. Some struggle into others (I'd say CJC struggles vs Kosmoflot for example, but then Kosmoflot probably struggles vs Hassassins), but I'd say that largely you could overcome that with good play. And if you go first almost any faction and Sectoral can slap anyone else around.

L2590, burlesford, Rejnhard and 2 others like this.
  14. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

In terms of factions that I play regularly these are my current views.

Nomads - Vanilla, v solid, few weaknesses, notably vulnerable LTs/squishy backline. Strongest Sectorals probably BJC but in a narrow sense (Observancy not great, but Riots and Mods, Uberfallkommando and Vostok all excellent), then CJC (couple of bum units, some great efficient ones, great area control), then TJC, which could do with a spruce up.

Haqqislam - Vanilla, v solid, few weaknesses at all imo. Strongest Sectorals definitely Hassassins, then RTF which has a couple of not great to bad units but otherwise great ones, QK which definitely needs a rework although isn't so much weak as like five years out of date, also quite a few poor units.

O-12 - Vanilla is strong, Starmada is okay, has narrow capability but some specific weaknesses. Honestly could do with a lot of expansion tbh

15. Hecaton

The strongest vanilla CA lists did not use the Avatar. If they were busted before, they're still busted now.

16. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

It's almost like you take pride in swimming against the current.

Avatar can be super strong and CA can have strong non-avatar lists. Those two statements don't have to be mutually exclusive.

17. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

I don't think that Avatar is/was that problematic compared to other TAGs. Sure, Avatar is the strongest attack piece there is but nearly every TAG in the game can pull a similar attack run as the Avatar. The reasons why TAGs are very good at moment is the following:
    1) Immunity to single bad roll: It's extremely unlikely that they die to unluckly f2f rolls against undercosted long range template weapons like HRL. Heavy infantry is vulnerable to bad rolls, TAGs aren't. There is a similar dynamic with hackers. Multiwound high BTS trinity hackers (Anathematic) behind a (pitcher) firewall and nearby engineer are immune to single bad roll. Good players avoid risks if possible.
    2) People git gud: The pandemic made people sit at home and play TTS, which made them very good at Infinity. As an old Warmahordes player, I can say that Infinity is very competive game at the moment. Perhaps not as competive as in haydays of MK3, but very close. This isn't a beginner friendly meta.
    3) The weaponization of LoF: The way how play-by-intent, no time limit, large base vaulting and anytime pre-commit LoF checking works in most metas, TAGs are very good at exploing any mistakes in enemy deployment and map setup. Basically map makers have to double check that map is playable against TAGs or it will be very likely a one sided fight.

#137 Tanan, Aug 11, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  18. Hecaton

I'm not saying the Avatar isn't good, let's say for the sake of argument that it's the second-strongest build in CA. Nerfing it won't actually restrain CA, because they'll just run their most powerful build, and all you've done is remove options.

19. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Sounds like they could use some more nerfs spread out across the efficient/powerful profiles.

The Holy Knight and Tanan like this.
  20. Hecaton

If they are indeed overpowered, that would be the more reasonable take than kneejerk nerfing the Avatar.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation