1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI generated Art - Industrial trade port

Discussion in 'FanArt' started by Knauf, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Here are some of the AI generated images I've commissioned, or is that even the right term?

Anyway, I'm currently trying to think of a theme for my infinity tables and I really enjoy the industrial harbour scenery, especially with some good dystopian vibes added.

Enjoy :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Knauf, Aug 8, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  2. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

No idea what this AI generated stuff is, but i've been seeing it everywhere and I love it!

Knauf likes this.
  3. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

It's fascinating, really. I've been trying DALL-E first, but there is a waitlist. These images were generated by Midjourney, which you can access via their Discord.

Lady Numiria and Cthulhu363 like this.
  4. Muad'dib

Muad'dib Well-Known Member

How much control does the user have over scene composition? I've seen some videos based on just keywords, but they were much more abstract than what you've shown.

5. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I've just gotten started, so I'm not sure how precisely you can feed the AI. So far it seems that it just tries to make sense out of the keywords you've entered, without much regard for any syntax or hierarchy between keywords.

#5 Knauf, Aug 8, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    Cthulhu363 likes this.
  6. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

All these AI models are in principle similar, they were trained by a lot of labeled images off the net, you give the AI a prompt (in this case i'm guessing it was something like "cyberpunk Industrial trade port" or something on those lines), and the model generates an image on it's own, you do it a few times and choose the nicest of the bunch. Sometimes you get awesome stuff, sometimes something strange, surreal or horrifying, and sometimes it's weirdness that just makes you laugh. The original "Dall-E" one seems to be among the most realistic, but access is super clamped down, then some dude read all the papers, trained his own and released it freely on the net (currently named "Craiyon") and it became a meme. And Midjourney seems to have it's own style, less realistic than Dall-E but more than Craiyon.

I think that at least for now these will prove invaluable as a starting point to something else, an artist taking the results as a sketch to get started would save some time, and people using these could much more easily put an image to their words.

Hadn't considered the idea of using these for wargaming, good idea!

Just for variety, here's the result of asking Craiyon for "cyberpunk Industrial trade port", quite a different result but also fitting:
    [​IMG]

7. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Nice! Thanks for the explanation! I'm looking to do a possible book cover, and i think this'll be perfect to try out.

8. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Generate several with several different prompts, if you can do it with more than one of these AI thingies to get multiple styles even better but doesn't matter much, then take the one or the few ones you like the most to an artist and go from there, artists always say how even a crappy doodle with the client's idea is a world of help for them to get started, this is like a supercharged version of that, so you should get something nice!

Mob of Blondes and Cthulhu363 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation