1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Penty is back!

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Angry Clown, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

Finally a profile that can be used.

2 wounds with smoke grenades. good work Corvus belli.

Abrilete likes this.
  2. Bruno Braga

Bruno Braga Well-Known Member

The changelog says she should have a Spitfire, but only a SMG in the actual profile. A Spitfire would have been glorious!

3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Yes, it would, but the changelog is wrong and the army is correct, she gets an SMG.

RolandTHTG and Bruno Braga like this.
  4. Regnator

Regnator Well-Known Member

So, berserk or not berserk? Kind of a big deal.

Iver likes this.
  5. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Smoke Grenades and points drop is amazing, but I don't like 2W. Admittedly it's not because it's worse, but:
    - I prefer Aleph with NWI, just makes it more flavourful
    - Makes Sophotect even less interesting given existence of Parvati

yoink101, Abrilete and ShadowDrake777 like this.
  6. Regnator

Regnator Well-Known Member

In my opinion, steel phalanx as lost most of what made them unique with the n4 and now this rework. Less mimetism, less nwi, no as good in cc, multiple ft available for armies other than SP and tohaa, the loss of some pretty big characters in terms of lore (I mean patroclus and diomedes are quite the heroes). And with Achilles and Hector less and less played...well let's say that the sectoral doesn't stimulate my imagination much these days.

Angry Clown and Nemo No Name like this.
  7. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

They even got access to Hidden Deployment. And more troops with Forward Deployment.

Abrilete and Regnator like this.
  8. D_acolyte

D_acolyte Well-Known Member

How is there less mimetism, I know of one unit that had it reduced. There is less reliance on it because you could take the Hoplite but that is different than saying less of something. You could always minimize mimetism in the force by using non myrmidons esk units, I got good work out of my Ekdromoi and Thorakitai. Not as good in cc?? Natural born warrior on a cc 20 which gives negatives to being hit in cc or causing more damage is not good in cc how? Myrmidons are largely untouched except for ava, Achillies lost the multi rifle but got cheaper swc cost. Achillies and Hector do not need to be played as often that is true, it has more options but how do you wish to run it is more of an issue. I have never like using Achillies, I tend to like multiple attack pieces more than one or two really strong ones. Hector saw use if I wanted as many orders as possible in a single battle group back when they were protected in N3 from being stripped of orders. I now have more reasons to run Penny which is a good think and I think is the point of this thread.

9. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

She's PH11 though trying to chuck smoke. That's less impressive unfortunately.

10. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I think Penny is better now. The reduced PH is a bit bad, bause she could use it for dodgeing and throwing smoke, but a 14 for smoke is okay. I would prefer NWI + Sh.Imm. too.

Steel Phalanx lost some good Lt. options. Eudoros and Ajax. Especialy Eudoros is bad because it will get expensive if you take another char as Lt. And he has now STR instead of wounds and requires an engineer for recovery. Hoplite is not a good alternative because typical HMG wielders have a tendency to end up dead after the removal of some ARO-pieces. They forgot immunity crit here ;-)

I am a bit sad that CB kicks off the wysiwyg one the old Thora chain rifle and Achilles (formerly hoplite) multi rifle - I am glad that I have the Morat thropy version. Ekdromoi combi is also gone, I mean they could still provide this loadouts for the owner of the older minis. HMG is already gone way of all airborne HMGs.

Teucers change seems okay. He trades the smoke "trick" vs +/- mods and is a bit cheaper.

Agemas HD is nice and makes up for an extra -3 through smoke.

While the new Makhai are ne next non-char troop that provides MSV+mime. Interesting loadouts. Fingers crossed will not get the ML in the beyond box (I hope for Breaker or MMR to get an non-swc shooter).

The loss of Patrocules and Diomedes don´t realy hit me, because I don´t own the minis and Thamirys is now my named Warcore ;-)

11. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

The removal of 2x Devobots are a big change but I guess CB believes that having a linkable pitcher option makes up for it.

I am surprised more people are not pumped for Steel Phalanx. They got skirmishers, more HMGs, and a TAG. All things that players said they wanted.

12. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

I think everyone who is excited for the changes is still playing around making new lists in Army7.

Abrilete and Brokenwolf like this.
  13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I'm not sure. Before the update there was very little discussion about possible SP changes when compared to those about Bahram

14. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I'm still fairly concerned they didn't really get an answer to a major problem which is no real hacking defense and their hero link leaders largely being fairly vulnerable to being force fed a guided missile.

In general I like their changes, the unit glow ups were all pretty neat just that one major issue didn't really get addressed.

15. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

theres a lot of passive hacking mitigation tools in the army now, so it's much less of an issue, but still a problem.

Scylla and pandora are likely to be very much needed in every list

16. Iver

Iver Human Plus

There's been a lot of discussion on the discord server.

We've really been blessed with cool solos. Agamemnon, Penny, Eudie, Drakios. Achilles even got a damage buff!

The new Haris seems a tad too expensive for my liking. Only version i'm kind of sold on is the Scylla one, with either a Makhai or Hoplite HMG. That link really needs a cheaper link-filler to make it somewhat managable and only Scylla provides that.

We've got some super cool tricks up our sleeve The new killer hacker Ekdromos is definitely something i'll try and play with. The Thyreoi are very odd profiles. I'll try them out, E/M mines are so rad, but they're definitely risky units. The real winners here, however, are the HD Agema. HD MSV2 missile/sniper is such a scary thing. Nothing is safe.

It's interesting how it seems there is more ways than just the one to build a Myrm fireteam now. Before it was Machaon/Phoenix/Ajax all day every day, but Eudoros/Acmon is such a cool new team, and both Pandora and Hippolyta are very viable!

Thras losing his LRL (we think? might be a mistake) is sad, but honestly, a Makhai missile is probably better in Thora links. It's a pretty scary guy with fireteam bonuses.

All in all, so many more options. No utterly overpowered new things, and the haris really does seem too expensive to be very viable, but a nice balance patch that'll result in a stronger more varied SP. Vanilla loves the new good solo units too, but sadly still no viable duo options.

17. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Thras FTO still has his lrl that I can see. It's after the flash pulse.

18. Iver

Iver Human Plus

It was added back in, like yesterday. Was apparently a mistake

kinginyellow likes this.
  19. Angry Clown

I would wish Scycla has a forward deployment option.

20. Angry Clown

now she is less expensive. can we use it now ?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation