1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Tunguska help

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Cranky Old Man, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Cranky Old Man

Cranky Old Man Well-Known Member

Hey there I finally pulled the pin on some Tunguska models. I am really determined to only use models i like the look of. Im not concerned about being ultra competitive I just want to compete and have fun. The models I have and really love are Hollowmen, Cheerkillers, Interventors and the Szalamandra. Is there one or two more models i consider? Is an engineer a must with the tag and HM?

sololobo likes this.
  2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would take an Eng. It is more useful than Doctor as it not only heal but also repair states that can affect HI/TAG. New clockmaker sculpt is much better than the old one; but Fiddler might be a better option either solo or in a cheerkiller link.

borisgreymenace and LeGweg like this.
  3. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

As Robock said, engineer is top-priority when running REM and TAG. +1 for Fiddler as it goes with cheerkillers :)

I'll add my grain of salt and advocate for these 3 units that I find both nice-looking and crunching on the table:
    - Puppetica : it also uses remotes (as peripherals) and is a cheap order, bring counterintelligence. And the puppets look damn nice.
    - Heckler jammer : this boy is a speedbump; brings mighty jammer and a fastpanda (aka repeater) in forward deployment. As a proxy, hecklers are always useful. I like his pose and the aspect of jammers in general.
    - Mary Problems : she is mobile, bring pitchers and does a wonderful job protecting your Szalamandra / pairing with interventors. I like to proxy her with Reverand Healer, but her mini is also looking really good !

Honorable mention: Grenzer with biometric visor looks damn good, is a wildcard and help to protect your tag from IMP models

Happy to have a new Tunguska player !

burlesford likes this.
  4. borisgreymenace

borisgreymenace killer heckler

i think based on what you have only interventors and only interventors with a combi can be your lieutenant. if you go second, that can be tough. Securitate not only bring a second lt option but are veteran if you go in loss of lieutenant, so they still provide regular orders for the rest of the army.

if we're also just advocating for cool units, on top of what LeGweg suggested, might i also suggest the Zondnautica and it's budget version the Motorized Bounty Hunter? bikes go vroom and are a lot of fun on the table.

LeGweg and burlesford like this.
  5. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I second @borisgreymenace when it comes to bikes. Zondnautica is a signature unit with a one-of-a-kind mechanic that's only available to Tunguska. I personally love it, and as has been said, you can use the model as a Motorized Bounty Hunter if you lack the points.

And yes, an Engineer. With Zondbots. Since you asked for only one or two more units, those would be my go-to choice.

...you know – a second Szalamandra :P

borisgreymenace likes this.
  6. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

When I think TJC I think remote servants:

> Hecker w/ Jammer + Panda
    > Zondnaut w/ BSG
    > Marry F. Problems
    > Puppet Master w/ BSG + Flash Pulse Bots
    > Transductor Zonds

Of course, all the toys that kill enemy are missing from here. The above support units can mix it up on the battlefield, but they are not your operators. And, EVERYTHING in TJC is costly even the support units listed above.

Good luck cracking the points code, because if I could find a way to get past 12 or 13 models I would have punched the button on TJC a while back ago.

burlesford likes this.
  7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

You can get to 15, but it's a bit awkward. It will likely rely on 8pt Salyuts and/or 8pt MBHs to get there. It's doable, but it's not smooth.

sololobo likes this.
  8. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

8 pt MBHs aint half bad imho

borisgreymenace and burlesford like this.
  9. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

They're the best addition to Tunguska in a long time if you ask me. It's just a shame they're a generic Merc option instead of a native unit and that they end up replacing the Zondnautica in a lot of my lists because I'd rather free up 20ish more points for other orders. At least I use the same model so it looks just as cool ;)

10. borisgreymenace

borisgreymenace killer heckler

they're the tjc version of a warband without smoke. between that and sync troop, the zondnautica still has her place. also we can now field 6 bikes and death race versus jsa, haqq, and usariadna.

burlesford and Hachiman Taro like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation