1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Speculations: Sunduqbut

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Cannon Fodder, Jul 27, 2022.

1. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

there is a pic of the cute little Box-Robot in it :)

I really like the concept and the look of the Sunduqbut. That is exactly what comes to my mind when I think of sneaky Hassassins: sending troops to conquer the battlefield and setting traps and other surprises before the enemy even knows the Hassassins are coming
    But Neurocinetics, 2STR, weapon loadout and his point costs are totally not my cup of mint tea.

For 50points I get 3 Daylami with Panzerfaust and a Shihab:
    1x reg order, 3x irreg orders instead on 1 reg. order
    3 infiltrating camomarker instead of 2
    4 AROS to deal with instead of 1 ARO
    4 miniatures that are useable in active instead of none (Neurocinetics profile)

perhaps I need to switch to 350 point games to fit that crate in...

#41 kesharq, Jul 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well, I'm not sold on the Neurokinetics variant, either (I'll give it a test run nevertheless). But the normal one, that's an interesting proposition.
    Although it is pricy indeed.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

It's a neat idea, but a lot of points and playing down 2 orders just to hope your opponent forgets that you might have a Sunduqbot and thinks you just clustered two Daylamis and a Farzan close together and all no more than 8" outside your DZ.

Especially since you could just play with the Ragik normally and your opponent still probably won't expect it since they'll think your missing unit is a Nadhir :-)

4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I have a feeling that with ARM 4, W 2 and in Cover the Sunduqbut is going to be a PITA to remove.
    Might actually be worth the heap of points it costs, when used as defensive unit.

And it wouldn't be too shabby as an offensive one, either (although it'd need more Orders to fuel it in that case).

Well, let's wait for an oportunity to test it :D
    ...I wonder if Sunduqbuts will be slely a Bahram thing, or if they are going to turn in other Haqq sectorials (the fluff suggested the RTF makes use of them, too, if I got it right...)

Cadwallon and Brokenwolf like this.
  5. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I need that Sunduqbut in my life, even if it's just as a Long Ya proxy.

QueensGambit likes this.
  6. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I like how the boxes are now being aimed to give you the most used profiles. That kill bot needs to be painted like a companion cube :)

7. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I personally like the Minelayer Profile, I think that one is the winner. Drops a Mine camo token, along with a decoy and itself, then can go active already 8" up the field. For lowtech armies it will eat them alive. For hightech with reasonable BTS its still going to murder due to the 4 shot, dmg 14 viral. It still helps to defend your back line by closing off a point of entry due to the minelayer.

8. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Exactly. I think you throw one in a single list for a tournament if know know if you have to play an area control mission or there are a chance of bears...

9. QueensGambit

The Neuro VR would be great against bears. Even if they get you inside 8", you're still rolling 4 dice on 13s against the bear's 19. Spread out the decoy so that they have to smoke both of them before it's safe to proceed.

49 points is still a lot to spend on bear-proofing, though. I'd definitely consider it in something like Looting and Sabotaging where I'm usually bringing a Shihab for bear defense. FD8" lets you place it forward to cover the approach to your target without exposing it to long-range fire from the enemy DZ.

10. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

It is a lot of points yep, but totally worth it IMO, especially if it reduces the burden of tailoring the rest of your list around bear problems. And it’s not like it’s wasted at all: definitely gonna make other brawler armies more cautious in their approach.

Haqq has gotta be Kosmoflot players’ least-favorite matchup already. Although it’s also pretty cool to see Sforza and his surprise viral shots regaining relevance all over the place in other factions thanks to the prevalence of the Bearpode Easy-Button.

11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It's size 2 according to the video. Long Ya is3.

12. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Yeah… models don’t really fit into silhouettes well in the S3-S4 range. You could fudge it pretty easily.

13. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

First draft of a list using the Sunduqbut;

It's Sunduq In a Box, Yeah
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]3
    BARID (Hacker, Hacking Device) Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 17)
    BARID (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device [UPGRADE: Trinity (-3)]) Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    MUKHTAR (Multispectral Visor L2) Red Fury, Nanopulser(+1B) ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 36)
    ASAWIRA (Doctor [+3]) AP Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 36)
    DIGGER Chain Rifle(+1B), Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon(+1B). (0 | 14)
    SALADIN (Lieutenant [+1 Command Token]) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser(+1B) / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 36)
    FIDAY Rifle, Light Shotgun, Shock Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 27)
    ZULEYKA Light Flamethrower(+1B), Smoke Grenades / Breaker Pistol(+2B), EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 11)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    SUNDUQBUT (Minelayer) Viral Rifle (+1B), Chain Rifle (+1B), Mines (shock) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 49)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    SHAYTANIYAH REMOTE Missile Launcher / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 16)
    KUM Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 6)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 8)
    DAYLAMI (Camouflage [1 Use], Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 8)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I'm also fitting in Diggers which I'd otherwise not use much in Haqqislam by dint of being unable to fit them, but the boxbot is pricey enough that some stuff gets sharply downgraded to fit it in, which opens a spot for diggers. The guided missile remote might end up getting cut for something else (I would be fine going up to a fifth irregular with Saladin), but its cheap and I had the SWC for now so it stays in.

This is an alternative for if the table really says 'no, you need HMG+ range bands'. The Bashi is in there frankly as a meme, but also might be overlooked between all the camo markers on the field.

Gunduqbut
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    BARID (Hacker, Hacking Device) Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 17)
    BARID (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device [UPGRADE: Trinity (-3)]) Rifle, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    BASHI BAZOUK AP Rifle / CC Weapon, Breaker Pistol(+1B). (0 | 14)
    SALADIN (Lieutenant [+1 Command Token]) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser(+1B) / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 36)
    KNAUF MULTI Sniper Rifle / AP Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    ZULEYKA Light Flamethrower(+1B), Smoke Grenades / Breaker Pistol(+2B), EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    AZRA'IL AP Heavy Machine Gun / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 40)
    FIDAY Rifle, Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 25)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    SUNDUQBUT (Minelayer) Viral Rifle (+1B), Chain Rifle (+1B), Mines (shock) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 49)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    GHULAM (Doctor [+3]) Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    NASMAT PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)
    KUM Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 6)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 8)
    DAYLAMI (Camouflage [1 Use], Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 8)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

14. QueensGambit

I should try playing with a few more irregulars. I've been limiting myself to around 3, even with Saladin. But you've fit a lot more in here by using 4 irregulars.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  15. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I like testing new units and playing with fatties, like AzRa''il or Fasid. So I'll definitely give Sunduqbut a try - I dig the idea behind the unit and the design is also interesting. I'm hoping for a nice miniature,
    Still the cost is really high and I think putting so much points only in AROing unit is too much. Yet it's at least tempting, especially the Viral one against Ariadna, as it was already posted. Mixing it with few Daylamis should be nice, and even when my enemies will think that it can be here, then it will also fit it's role, hiding some Nahab parachutist et cetera.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Attached Files:

16. RobertShepherd

Apropos of something we discussed in Headchime's list analysis thread, I think you've just pinpointed why I never took diggers before but they fit in your lists comfortably.

Urobros and QueensGambit like this.
  17. Space Ranger

I gotta say I like the SunnyDuckButt. I hope it's not just HB. I'm glad they didn't make it a REM though! Can you imagine this being upgraded by an EVO and REM Driver!!!? But size 2 has got to be a mistake. The art for it looks much bigger.

18. QueensGambit

Heh, nice.

Assuming it is in fact a REM, I can't see anything in Assisted Fire or Remdriver that would prevent using them on a REM in camo state. It would reveal which one is the decoy, though.

I don't see a Remdriver being worthwhile, but maybe Marksmanship could be worth it, especially on the viral minelayer since the decoy will be cancelled anyway when it starts its attack run. Still, an EVO is a chunk of points on top of the 50-point cratebot...

Urobros likes this.
  19. Space Ranger

The RD with +1 DMG would be good but I really like the +1 ARM.

20. RobertShepherd

Unfortunately the profile refers to it as Heavy Infantry with structure and remote presence, like a Hollow Man or Karakuri. That said, the profile also thinks it has a cube, despite being otherwise like a Hollow Man or Karakuri...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation