1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which version of the Quran is CB using?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by 15-Krykk, Jul 28, 2022.

1. 15-Krykk

15-Krykk Member

I don't want this to sound weird, but I'm very curious. I've been reading the Haqqislam supplement for the RPG and I really want to know which version they're using, because I know that translation and interpretation can vary WILDLY with the Quran. I feel it's important for us to know what CB is building their perception of Islam and its doctrine on. Any input from the Muslims in our lovely community would be very much welcome

2. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Not a real one.

3. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Like the Bible that the Neo Vatican uses that supports rampant capitalism and paid resurrections.

4. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

If I'm remembering correctly the Quran is explicitly a divine document that is never to be changed or edited in any way (as opposed to the bible which is implicit) so that in theory Haqqislam uses the same Quran that is used today and was used back since the very early days of Islam. What is more important are the passages that the philosophy of Haqqislam chooses to focus on and the prism of the Search for Knowledge through which it's adherents look at the world(s) around them.

Ariwch, chromedog and Errhile like this.
  5. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

It cannot also be translated (as in: sure, translatiions are permitted, to help people around the world learn the contents - but for theological and legal putrpose, only the original text in Classic Arabic counts). Altering even a single comma placement in Quran - that's totally unacceptable.

Ariwch and saint like this.
  6. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

Errhile likes this.
  7. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Not my favorite channel but here is some discussion of Islam and it's portrayal.

Brokenwolf and theGricks like this.
  8. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

My understanding was it was a VERY liberal view of the Quran.

9. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

I believe the big difference between Haqqislam and conventional Islam is that it rejects the hadiths as anything more than apocrypha, and only accepts the qur'anic words as valid. The Quran is then interpreted through the doctrine of The Search For Knowledge, not through the hadiths or prior rulings based on them.

TheDiceAbide and saint like this.
  10. havocfett

havocfett Well-Known Member

Eeeey, thanks for linking me.

Basically: there aren't different versions of the Qur'an in the same sense as, like, a King James Bible or the like. You have different translations but Arabic is a still spoken language, the Arabic version is unedited, etc. etc.

Instead, you have different interpretations, commentaries, and traditions of interpretation. HaqqIslam explicitly uses a new tradition, the book claims its based on the Muttazilah/modern Neo-Muttazilah movements but in practice they don't fit that mold very well. I'd compare them to Sufis and a bunch of other golden age/gunpowder empire traditions.

There isn't enough detail to do a complete analysis of HaqqIslam Theology beyond 'think Hadith are apocryphal, use the Search for Truth to guide their interpretation instead'. I'd argue the Hassassins show that there's a thriving Shi'a community on Bourak, though.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation