1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Durgama Takeover

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Drunkergnom, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I'll be in touch with you once I find another crew willing to brave the CA point defense fire.
    We will plan a medevac mission as per circumstances of that specific moment.

As of now, QAS Rose of Cairo is scheduled to take evacuees from Port Battery. If there are PanOceanians among them, they'll lift them as well.

2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Address to All Nations of the Human Sphere:
    The Kosmoflot detachment aboard Raveneye will shortly begin an assault upon the bow of the Raveneye.
    @Errhile , it is my wish that no Ariadnan military personnel be allowed evacuation by Waqf al-Badawi, the few civilians will be sent to the first available ex-fil, some of them have medical training, see that they are put to use. I have transmitted Biometrics and Identities of all deployed civilian personnel to you securely. Anyone not on that list attempting to board one of your vessels should be remanded in custody as a deserter, you are still free to render medical aid as your judgement allows. likewise I have transmitted the same, as well as a contingency for the obituary of those who will remain to @Imp so that O-12 may make the other nations aware, and flag any unexplained survivors in the event of our failure.

We are not leaving until the end, be it bitter or glorious.

3. Errhile

Understood, I'll make sure HNS Ibn Rushd receives these lists as well as your concerns.

I would like to point out a few details, though.

The medevac operation on Ravenseye wasn't a Waqf al-Badawi operation - it was private initiative of reis Hassan and his crew. QAS Rose of Cairo has previously cooperated with Waqf al-Badawi, so they asked us to vouch for them and contact you on their behalf. There's a lot of fine legal print in it that someone could discuss to the Judgement Day and back, but I believe that the most important thing is that the operation was successfully undertaken, and people in need were saved.
    At the end of the day, this is what counts.

Also, I should tell you than less than 10% of the people evacuated onboard Rose's dropships from the Port Battery were able to move on their own. 90% were stretcher cases.
    Neither Nomads nor PanOceanians seem to be eager to leave Ravenseye while they are still standing. Or perhaps their orders are similar to your approach, I honestly don't know. Though from a military point of view, letting their seriously wounded personnel to be evacuated out of the area of operation certainly reduces the strain on their forward aid stations, and also provides the seriously wounded with a much better chance of survival and recovery.

Our prayers will be with you.

4. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

Commander @Errhile ,

At other day, I would try to shoot you or die trying. But today is special situation and I ask you for help. Not for me and others, but for men and women that saw the end of war. They must see their families at last and none of us can guarantee it for them. I can send Korobochka-1 to your ships, but after leaving safe zone of starboard there is danger of enemy ships. It would be 3 or 4 runs, because of rather small size. First and second containers are identified, third and forth would require id check. There is not only Ariadnans, but others too. And don't care of wounded - we still can march and attack. Hold your prayers as well - they will not send CA back to hell

Commander @cazboab.

You have right to launch second court, but I must send dead from starboard. They can't help us.

Gnom-6 is out

5. Errhile

We can shoot each other to our hearts content at some other day, @Drunkergnom - whenever I'm in my capacity as a Haqq field commander.

But I understeand you're requesting assistance from the Waqf al-Badawi.
    It is a rather unusual request, as we haven't perfored such assistance before. It is however well within what humanitarian assistance in a warzone would cover, so we'll do our best to do what you ask.

Please keep in mind though the Waqf has no orbital assets on its own. I'll check with the Haqq-aligned ships in the vicinity, maybe I'll find a kind heart to help you out.

I'll be back to you once I have an answer.

6. Errhile

Lt. col. @Drunkergnom , I have a response.

Shirazad's Dream is leaving Alfutna in a few hours. Reisa Aqeel says it will be impossible for her to reach Ravenseye, and staying in its vicinity long enough to receive a transport is absolutely out of question. Speak nothing of four transports.

However, if you launch the containers under orbital movement parameters provided - seeming by the specs, your Korobochka-1 can get that done - Shirazad's Dream promises to fish them out as they coast on ballistic.

I beg your understanding: the Dream is a civilian vessel, and the space directly adjacent to Ravenseye is a high-threat zone for even the best-protected warships.

Let me know if that's acceptable.

If so, I'll contact the Navy to send out a tug for a randezvous with the Dream on her way out-system, and take further care of the containers with your departed.
    Also, sticking t othe parameters provided will be of utmost importance. Otherwise the Dream might be not able to find the containers in space.

7. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

Understood. Korobochka will send containers to rendezvous points. For easier intercepting we will attach distress beacons on them. Also, in case of CA interceptors - Korobochka still can shoot down enemies. Pilot will wait for moment.

8. Errhile

We're set, then. I'll pass your confirmation to reisa Aqueel.

9. Errhile

According to the information I got from reisa Aqeel, the containers were successfuly received.

Shirazad's Dream is on her way to rendezvous with a Haqq Navy's tugboat.

HNS Ibn Rushd says they have currently their hands full, so identification of your dead will have to wait.
    Sorry.

I'll be keeping you posted.

cazboab likes this.
  10. cazboab

To be brutally honest, they have as much time as you need, unless Haqqislam's medical advancement has now perfected true resurrection without cubes. Ariadna only needs the list once this is settled, I'm sure someone will start hounding you for it when we're done here, a few of the names on our MIA list are sons and daughters of some very verbose politicians in the higher echelons of various branches of our government...

11. Errhile

Well, we have came to the same conclusion, it seems.

You shall have the list, inshallah. Those people deserve to be laid for their final rest by their families, regardless if said families are influential, or common folk.
    And since it is in the capable hands of the Navy now, I figure our government will be talking to your government.

I'll keep an eye on the issue though.

12. Errhile

@cazboab While Waqf al-Badawi is downscaling its operations on Concilium, I have news for you.

The pathologists on board HNS Ibn Rushd have finished their work. Exact lists will be forwarded to you by the Navy, and of course through the formal channels to the Ariadnan authorities. Organizing the return of the bodies to Ariadna is also to be undertaken by the Navy.

In containers #3 and #4 the medics have also idenitified the remains of three PanOceanian (one of these had a still-functional Cube, which has been extracted and secured) and two Nomad Nation servicemen, which will be returned to their respective nations (as will the Cube).

A rather unsettling find, however, was a Shasvasti corpse - likely a Speculo Infiltrator. As I'm being told, the corpse was badly burned (likely the being got hit with a flamethrower), and was identified only due to a deep genetic scan. It is impossible to determine whom did the Speculo impersonated, or which force's uniform did it wear prior to its death.

I wasn't expressedly told so, but I'd guess the bodies in containers #1 & #2 are also being tested, to exclude the possibility of Shasvasti infestation. I don't suppose they'd tell me if they find anything there.

#32 Errhile, Jul 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
    cazboab likes this.
  13. cazboab

My deepest thanks.

The PanOceanians were fighting a rearguard in the spine, just behind the bulkhead to the bow, when our forces arrived to relieve them, they were already down, the retrieving 112's report states that she rendered aid to two more who were still living, and recovered the three at the insistence of a knight who proclaimed that "The forces of the EI shall not take our comrades in death, Deus Vult!" before charging headlong into 'dozens of Nox'...

The Nomads, assuming the charred husk is one of them, match a report from a Sergeant who currently resides in container #2, along with several of his squad. Disturbingly, one of them was taken alive (obviously not the burn victim...)for questioning, the Corporal who leads whats left of the squad has been informed of this and has requested an inquest to ensure no accusations of foul play linger over his squad mates.

Given such irregularities, please relay my request that containers #1 and #2 be tested by whatever means the Ibn Rushd can spare, for the sake of prudence.

Errhile likes this.
  14. Errhile

I belive the Navy has taken to that already - it would be a prudent move on their part. They just don't tell me.

See, my actions as the director to Waqf al-Badawi generate a lot of sympathy and good will in some circles - but information security and need-to-know are their own things. Therefore I'd say it is a safe assumption that they considered me as a parson who doesn't need-to-know.

Now, if you excuse me - I have a ton of reports and bean-counting to do in the aftermatch of the Waqf operations during the Durgama crisis. Need to have that handled before I get orders sending me elsewhere, and leaving a mess to whoever would volunteer to step in. There's no glory in this part of the Waqf activity, but it needs to be done.

cazboab likes this.
  15. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

With such dedication to good paperwork's duty, have you considered joining the ranks of one of our O-12 Bureau? With recent events, it seems we have a shortage of employees from the Nation of Haqqislam and your application would be appreciated...

16. Errhile

I'll keep that in mind for the day I'll have to retire from active duty, thank you.

Lady Numiria likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation