1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bokhtar speculations

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Cannon Fodder, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I don't want to sound like a whinny Yu Jing guy, I play Haqq too, just not in a long time. But I'll be irked if the Bokhtar is too much like a Liu Jing. It's bad enough Nomads got Evaders (Haidao) and Sombra (Zhencha). I want something unique for each faction. What would Haqq players say if we got a Impersonator that's just like a Fiday?

2. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

We would give you advice on how to best use it. Leave the salt at the door please and thank you.

3. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Probably nothing. Unless they griped about it.

4. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

In a game revolving around the use of universal special rules and equipment, there will be very similar units that fill similar roles between armies, because those armies need those roles filled. That's why many armies have an almost copy paste Line Trooper profile, universal HI profile, infiltrator camo hacker profile, infiltrating FO profile. There will always be mirror units. The differences come into how the armies use them tactically.

Haqq players didn't care so much about Spiral getting Impersonators, what most people cared about was the fact they could be given Symbiomates.

Savnock, Brokenwolf and Papa Bey like this.
  5. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

What I like about Haqqislam community general is the chill attitude. I hope that continues.

sololobo, Savnock and Errhile like this.
  6. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Give Haqq a Liu Xing with symbiomate pls.

Methuselah, kesharq and Ankaa like this.
  7. theGricks

Id prefer we just burn all the symbiomates to death.

8. Papa Bey

That would sound like the cries of millions of Caskuda, suddenly silenced.

Savnock and theGricks like this.
  9. theGricks

I would not opposed to the Symbiomates secretly running a blackmarket scam on the Tohaa and the Tohaa deciding to just murder them all as an example to others.

sololobo and Savnock like this.
  10. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Infinity already needs an Alien Liberation Army NA2 sectorial - Helots, Antipodes, Chaksa, etc. I would definitely support adding Symbiomates to the roster.

bladerunner_35 and Savnock like this.
  11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Well, he at least looks cool to me and I'm hoping some of the new things they get can be in QK. I'd love something like the Bokhtar with them.

Savnock likes this.
  12. Papa Bey

Ahhahaahahahahah, and make us listen to the cries and yowls about "faction identity"? We barely have shipped ghulam down the river.

13. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Oh hell yeah. They would sell the heck out of that faction. The opportunity to paint all the gribblies at onceā€¦ oh yes.

A menagerie of the various clawed or gilled things from several factions under an insane bakunian zookeeper would be awesome. Or maybe under a special escaped-Exrah personality who is basically The Collector.

If not a permanent NA2 faction, even just a silly one-off rules set would be awesome.

@Aspect Graviton your xenoform amusement park terrain set deserves to have all the gribbly quadruped things in the game on it at once.

Okay but not that. Single-most-annoying set of rules in the game.

Aspect Graviton likes this.
  14. Urist

Urist Well-Known Member

I just noticed the Bohktar is a paramedic, which normally isn't really a thing in Haqqislam. Everyone else is a doctor. Our only other paramedic is the Maghariba pilot, and she's more of a combat pilot who happens to have emergency medical training.

Weird.

15. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

??? Where are you seeing that?

16. Apollon

Apollon New Member

The CodeOne lists have started to float around this morning.

17. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Keep in mind though the lists in question are unconfirmed leaks, so they should be taken with a grain of salt.
    A big grain of salt.

But if you consider them merely a curiosity, all is fine: the official C1 lists should be revealed today, and N4 ones in two days.

18. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

According to the (leaked - so do not get overly excited) pics I saw, Bokthar in C1 will have MSV1, Mim-3 and Superjump and some profiles will have like Parachutist and/or Paramedic.

And there is also something called "Sunduqbut" - S2 Single-use Camo no Mim 2 STR Unit with heavy weapons. What is that??

19. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well, @Urist translated Sunduqbut -> Sunduq-but -> "crate-bot". Apparently a Haqq combat remote.
    Have you noticed its uncharacteristically (for Haqq) low WIP of 12?

I have a vision in my head of a robot that camouflages as a crate / box (Metal Gear vibe...) until it springs into action.

With Forward Deployment, it would be a good complement to make Hassassins a strong Camo sectorial (I always thought they should have a good choice of camo, not just Farzans and the ol' Limited Camo Inferior Infiltration Daylami Irregulars. If Daylami turn Regular and have a Camo Infiltration option, that's suddenly a very different thing!)

Oh well. We shall soon know if it is a thing at all :D

20. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

I find S2 the most interesting part of that profile :) Weapons like Feuerbach or AP Spitfire are usually on a large platform like Nomad Tsyklon or PanO Bulleteer.
    But in C1 it is also missing the "Remote Presence" part for a Remote/Robot - but that might just be because there is no Remote Presence in C1 (I never read C1 rules)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation