1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Durgama Takeover

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by psychoticstorm, Jul 11, 2022.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Thread pinned please keep the Durgama Takeover faction discussion in this thread.

IC (In Character) is advised but not enforced in this thread please note OOC (Out of Character) posts, IC is not an excuse or a bypass of the forum rules or a way to attack other forum members, but genuinely roleplay between forum members will be accepted.

As per the past campaigns, if forum members spot any particular reports that have issues, please PM me (an explanation of what is peculiar is appreciated) and the team will investigate them.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  2. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

3. nehemiah

Esteemed Commanders of the Duragama Takeover crisis,

We Tohaa are here to relieve the beleaguered forces of PanOceania at the Sensoring Module at the Bow Section of the Raveneye station. We have seen how the combined army has harangued your troops, and though our numbers are few within the Human Sphere since the fall of the Daedalus Gate, we realize that we cannot stand by while the minions of the Combined threaten a station with such a critical role in the defense of Concilium Prima. We suggest PanOceania troops fall back to the Starboard Battery Fire Control Module to reinforce the badly outmatched Ariadna forces.

-Naami MuuKar
    Tohaa Diplomatic Corps
    Delivered through Thaam-Buur
    Authorized Chaksa Representative

4. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Flash: We learn this morning that the heroic tohaa forces have succeeded to liberate the Zebu investigation center, which will allow to secure it against the combined forces.

[​IMG]

From: New Tohaa Post - Tohaa Reporter freelance Wizzy / New Tohaa Post, the newspaper smells like the pheromones of truth .

5. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Message to the estimed Tohaa Triumvir of the Durgama Defense Coalition:

Please withdraw immediatly from your hold on Zebu. We, the O-12, are conducting intense operations in the sector, involving the rescue and move of many civilians. At same time many Morats ambushes and Shasvastii infiltration units have been reported. As so, we cannot guarantee the security of your forces in a crossfire, given the many risks involved.

Hereby, we ask you to step down and regroup with the rest of the Durgama Defense Coalition to defend Raveneye Station.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Lady Numiria,
    O-12 High Commissioner,
    ICAF High Command

Wizzy and nehemiah like this.
  6. nehemiah

Esteemed High Commissioner Numiria,

I am glad to see you are well in these trying times, and wish you the best of health.

I will address your concerns with the Zebu Investigation Centre, but first I must address your greeting. There is not such governing body or council within the Tohaa governance known as the 'Triumvir'. Our military governance falls under the Trident, and our domestic, administrative, and diplomatic governance falls under the Trinomial. The Trinomial in this case has been in forging a defensive coalition with our allies in the Haqqislam Nation, the Nomad Nation, and, a rather surprising but welcome addition, the Yu Jing Empire to safeguard Durgama. As our connection to our home systems has been completely severed due to the fall of the Daedalus gate, I have continued my role as part of the Diplomatic Corps in coordinating with our allies. The 'Triumvirate' you address is a conspiratorial myth within Tohaa society, (much like your human 'Illuminati'). Even if we were to concede that such an organization which does exist, (which I am by no means doing), an address to them would be as an address to the wind.

Now to your concerns regarding the Zebu Investigation Centre. Please do not be alarmed by our presence there. Some of our commanders received reports of unbonded symbionts breaking containment from the research conducted within the Centre, and deployed there with triads of Kumotail to assist. Unbonded symbionts can be very dangerous, our symbiont armors are created from a parasitic organism, and it is only only through great biomedical treatment and training that our relationship to our armors becomes one of mutualism. Without that biomedical care and training, an individual a symbiont latches itself to could find themselves drained of physical strength as the symbiont absorbs its nutriants directly through the hosts skin. While the symbionts add some level of protection, (like that of a ballistic vest), due to their ooblek-like physiology, they also secrete a chemical which can cause delusions of invulnerability in the host which can lead them to taking unnecessary risks. Greater still is the risk of simple suffocation if the symbiont should happen to wrap obstruct the hosts airways.

Please rest assured that once these symbionts are contained, and our Kumotail satisfied that they will not break containment and cause undue risk to O-12 personnel responding to the Centre, our forces will vacate the premises.

-Naami MuuKar
    Tohaa Diplomatic Corps

7. Lady Numiria

Dear Commander Naami MuuKar,

I would like to thank you for the lesson about your culture. It's always delightful to hear about it, and it's a daily gift to befriend and exchange with such an advanced specy as yours.

I also happened to see that your words are not only honorable but also of great truth, as it seems that you withdrew quickly and with great cooperation from our current zone of operation. You have my thank for the handling of the on-site biological hazard breach (yet, you should be aware that I have seen some Morat forces quite pleased with these parasites recently...), and we will be sure that no further complications follow.

If any certified Tohaa medical corps unit would likely stay a while to retrieve more data to help us figure how the symbiotes escaped, be assured that we would not see any objections to that, in the fair limit of our own private affairs and Human Sphere security.

Lady Numiria,
    O-12 High Commissioner,
    ICAF High Command

ChoTimberwolf, Wizzy and nehemiah like this.
  8. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Flash: Call to join the Trident now...

[​IMG]

From: New Tohaa Post - Tohaa Reporter freelance Wizzy / New Tohaa Post, the newspaper that smells like the pheromones of truth .

Abrilete and nehemiah like this.
  9. nehemiah

Esteemed Commanders of the Duragama Takeover crisis and O-12 representatives,

With PanOceania securing the Bow section of the Raveneye station, our allies in Yu Jing securing their ground base from Combined attacks, as well as the forces of the Nomads and Ariadna repelling assaults on their locations, we Tohaa must turn to face and alarming development in which our experience is required. Though we had thought O-12 had the situation in Zebu under control, (with our forces in the area taking a step back to provide an advisory role), it has become apparent our initial reports regarding the matter were erroneous. Analysis of the situation has been conducted by our most experienced Kumotail, and reports filed by our on the ground teams, indicate that the poor adherence to containment and quarantine protocols, agreed upon when this research was approved by the Diplomatic Corps, are the likely cause of the symbionts breaching containment when the Combined attacked the facility. While we understand the tragedy suffered by the staff at the hands of the Morats, and by no means which to place blame on anyone, the result of this breach of containment cannot be ignored. Reports are already coming in that unsecured symbionts are interacting with the local flora creating a highly corrosive spore release. If not properly dealt with, this could jeopardize the viability of the entire peninsula for everything protected by anything less an 'A' rated hazmat suit. Beyond just the loss of life this would be a true ecological disaster equivalent to leveling the entire region from orbit.
    The Trinomial and Trident leadership is in agreement that our teams can no longer stand by and must take a more direct role in the containment efforts. We advise all human personnel in the area to evacuate, and if experiencing any respiratory symptoms to seek treatment at the medical center at Alfutna which was set up in conjunction with Haqqislam and detachment of our Kumotail to address this emergency. All humans we recover from the area will be safely transported to the Alfutna medical center for observation and will be reunited with their respective nations. We recognize there may be misgivings at being treated by our Tohaa biomedics, and treatment will only be provided with explicit consent of the individual or in the case of a life threatening emergency which renders the individual unable to provide consent. In such a case, our biomedics will stabilize the individual until consent for further treatment can be obtained from their next of kin or national authority, or until they can be turned over for treatment by their respective nations.
    We understand there will be some military presence in the surrounding area to continue combat with the Morat threat, but we urge them to take the utmost care, and heed the quarantine zone markers our teams will be setting around the perimeter of the Investigation center.

-Naami MuuKar
    Tohaa Diplomatic Corps

10. Lady Numiria

Dear Commander Naami MuuKar,

You assured us that your unauthorized teams were done with the cleaning, therefore allowing us to step in Zebu and not pursue your specie for violation of the Concilium Convention and against Human representatives of the Sphere.

But it seems you failed, and forgot to inform us about it. This can prove difficult for our negociations between our two specie, as the trust and good will between us are likely to be severely injured and broken. I expect more than poor and vain words.

Let's remind you that our talented Starmada agency is prepared and experienced in all hazmat and bad to no-atmospheric conditions. We have already sent our best men and women from this corps to instruct all our active Officers and we are expecting results shortly to overcome this new biological hazard.

Your previous work in Zebu proved itself useless in the end, because of the lack of precision and commitment to it, so please let us handle the situation our way for once.

Lady Numiria,
    O-12 High Commissioner - ICAF.

11. nehemiah

Esteemed High Commissioner Numiria,

I will address your claims, but I must once again must first address your greeting, I am no commander, but a simple diplomat. Perhaps this was not properly conveyed clearly enough by my Authorized Chaksa Representative, Thaam-Buur. Might I suggest going forward I simply be addressed as Diplomat MuuKar to avoid further confusion?

Our teams had taken on an advisory role so as not to interfere with O-12 clean up efforts while the rest of our forces deployed to the Raveneye station to assist the PanOceanian's effort to repel the invasion of the Combined Army as per your bureau's initial request. I made no such claim that our teams were 'done with the cleaning'. My statement clarified such teams would vacate the area once satisfied that the escaped symbionts were contained and posed no further threat to O-12 personnel, and as evidence shows the threat to O-12's personnel is greater than ever. I must also note your stated gratitude for our assistance as well as your assurances that 'no further complications follow.' Seeing as this biotechvore is very much a 'further complication', I am somewhat taken aback by these confrontational accusations.
    I would assert that our efforts did not fail due to a lack of commitment, as our commitment for the time had been to assist at Raveneye, again I will note at O-12's request, and any lack of precision is due to your bureau's request that we 'immediately withdraw'. Please rest assured the clean up at Zebu Centre is now our primary concern.

As to your warnings against the relationship between our two species I think it best to remind you, and I do wonder why it is I who should be reminding you, that O-12 is but a governing body made up of constitute nations, and we have been working closely with three of these member nations in the defense of the Durgama region, so I do not believe the relationship between our species will be greatly impacted. Unless of course I am greatly mistaken and your operations are not coming from member nations and are instead coming from somewhere else.

Regarding your talented Starmada agency, the PanOceanians are still under heavy assault at their location aboard the Raveneye. Our meager forces were even required to hold the position for a short moment so the Human Sphere's Hyperpower could regroup. Perhaps the Starmada would be better suited to assist them at the Raveneye station. They are after all called 'Starmada', not 'Groundmada'.

As always we bear no ill will to you or your kind and will vacate the Centre once the biotechvore has been contained.

-Naami MuuKar
    Tohaa Diplomatic Corps

ChoTimberwolf and Abrilete like this.
  12. Imp

Imp Well-Known Member

Very dear Diplomat

First of all, the O12 appreciates the dedication of the Tohaa teams in preserving the Zebu research center. We regret the losses you have suffered. Regarding the sequence of events, the O12 has control of the situation. The Zebu center remains on the sovereign territory of Concilium, and we are responsible for it. This space is strategically essential to the war effort, so while our confidence in the Trident is complete, we cannot delegate its defense or management.

So we will continue to deploy the elite commandos of the fleet to secure this place and make the sphere a little safer. Deployment data will be transmitted to you to avoid allied fire during these operations. If some of your troops should still be on the spot at the time of the deployment of our units, they will be considered as compromised and treated as such.

If you wish, the fleet can make some of these cruisers available to redoply your troops where they will be needed.

With all my consideration

Imp,
    Toht Supervisor
    Concilium Coordinated Command - ICAF

Lady Numiria likes this.
  13. nehemiah

OOC: this was one of the funnies photos I have seen this campaign.

Lady Numiria likes this.
  14. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

ooc: I had an internet outage all Phase 2, congratulations my brohaa, #Tohaafor2023 ^^

nehemiah and Abrilete like this.
  15. nehemiah

OOC: I was worried O-12 had got you.

#15 nehemiah, Jul 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    Lady Numiria and RobertShepherd like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation