1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Durgama Takeover

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Greysturm, Jun 30, 2022.

1. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

In case you've been wondering what the DIU has been up to since Asteroid Blues, we've been pretty busy.

[​IMG]

archon, Errhile, Wizzy and 7 others like this.
  2. Taranis22

Taranis22 Member

Do we have a discord to talk about how much PanO sucks? (or you know general campaign stuff)

Space Ranger likes this.
  3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I don't know but it's a good idea. Keep an eye out Monday in the campaign.

4. YueFei23

5. Greysturm

Greysturm Invincible Army Drill Sergeant/Military Theorist

Yeah it doesnt look like theres much organizing going on so If you wanna start the discord go for it. Ill gladly join.

On other news it looks like we are at the center of the land map. We can reinforce areas attacked by the combined army fast or focus on securing the middle. I have a feeling a few rogue commanders are gonna go south to the beaches right beside the research complex, damn tourists. We should make sure they remain safe in the chaos.

6. Greysturm

Seeing the weekender video i am guessing/predicting most of the fighting is gonna happen on the space station. No idea what the land forces will do beyond the invevitable castling all faction engage in normaly.

7. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I believe a good amount of us on the big infinity discord seem to have our sights on a certain target (JSA).

8. Urist

Urist Well-Known Member

You should totally drive PanO off the Raveneye station, for no particular reason. And if you could leave crates of bananas and weapons around, that would be great.

- Hugh Mann, human reporter and not a space monkey.

9. YueFei23

I think that’s a terrible idea and a waste of your time when you have a chance to contribute to a fresher narrative than Yu Jing uprising salt. I expect JSA will attack us though, so games defending Xiandao will be time we’ll spent.

Space Ranger likes this.
  10. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hey I get that, but that seems to be the popular option of the Party.

11. Greysturm

If thats true then we might as well commit. Was hoping for another narrative this time around. Ill probably spend the first week going around trying out the missions anyway.

12. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

TBH I like the idea of defending our area too. Also hitting PanO and getting more Xenotech seems tasty.

Space Ranger, Shiwen and YueFei23 like this.
  13. YueFei23

There will be a patch competition running this event also. If you submit high quality reports in the locations posted by the crisis committee then you’ll get an exclusive Durgama patch posted out after the event.

In asteroid blues the ability of Yu Jing to work with their leadership turned out to be a big advantage over other factions and generated a great faction result. We captured territory from other factions and didn’t lose our own, which is genuinely difficult to do in one of these events. I hope we can do the same again this time around.

Shiwen and Stuffist like this.
  14. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

YueFei23 likes this.
  15. YueFei23

Yes, thanks for your work on the art! I'd almost given up hope another campaign would happen, glad I finally got to use this!

16. YueFei23

Also, before the private forums in the game open up, communication is super fragmented. Please circulate the general orders to other generals if you're in discord servers or forums that haven't seen them yet.

Shiwen and Lady Numiria like this.
  17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

If previous campaigns are anything to go with, then unless you win so hard that they have to grudgingly shift their pre-written narrative to somewhat accommodate for it, what we choose to do does not matter one bit as long as our net territory gain isn't dramatically negative - or if we lose a key installation to the wrong faction.
    Luckily we don't have a key installation at the moment, that honour seem to belong to PanO, Ariadna and Nomads. Narratively losing a key installation means losing it to Combined and Combined usually pulls very good results relative to their number of players so in the next round we'll probably have to stop bullying JSA and (if it is even possible) help push Combined back from the territory they were awarded for having defeated PanO or Ariadna ('cause Nomads are also a faction that typically pulls good numbers compared to number of players)

Of course, it's possible that Combined will attempt to break the script and go after a planet-side territory which means they might either go after O-12 (an easier target and somewhat in line with the script), Yu Jing (because we have a reputation for losing our territory in these ones) or maybe just out of spite go for JSA, which would actually be really funny if they did.
    No, I don't think they'll go for Haqq's territory. No one goes for Haqq's territory.

18. Greysturm

After reading the pdf we dont really have a narrative objective beyond keeping our facility.

The facilities sound interesting, hopefully theyll have some effect if you keep them. For example, keep our facility and get a new hi, tag or advantage tu current hi and/or tags. The japanese get a new weapon type, weapon loadout or give multi ammo to units that dont currently have it. The 012 one gain a unit with acess to pheroware. The haqquislam, the ability to drop terrain templates before the game. Etc

19. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I don't recall them ever doing anything useful in these things.

20. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

Some sort of effect for holding a stage 1 territory in stage 2 would be a really great idea, but does seem unlikely... if you were going to do that you'd probably list or imply the effects in the pdf so players and factions could pick their target locations with that in mind.

Frankly it'd also be great as a way to get CB to herd player actions. They've got a narrative they're going to tell, they'll find a way to stay on that no matter what happens in campaign, but if your story wants Yu Jing to attack Haqqislam and have its own territory conquered, for example, you just attach a bonus particularly good for YJ armies to the Haqq location and one thats not really great for our armies to the YJ one. Players see that, it influences where many decide to fight, the campaign results align better with the narrative so the things CB has predetermined feel more like 'we drove the plot' to players.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation