1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity PbP - Sunz of VaudeVille

Discussion in 'RPG' started by Solodice, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Daemon of Razgriz

Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

"I'll have my giest write up a message for Eddie and HQ to try and get us an in with the Mod's."

Looking over at the new girl Taisa, Saito inquires. "Do you still have any reliable contacts with the cops to help us with an in? If we can make contact with Valentine, then we definitely can make some headway, or at least unlock more questions to add to the puzzle."

Shadow writes up a message to see if Eddie can do anything.

2. SCTerranPlayer14

SCTerranPlayer14 Well-Known Member

Looking at Saito, Taisa said, “My mentor, former superior, and on off lover might be able to help. Right now our relationship is in “on” mode so I’m sure she could help us out. I do have other contacts amongst the Moderators mainly other Überfallkommando and those in the Sports Crime division. I can contact them as well to see if they’ve seen or heard about our little runaway.” She took a sip of her tequila from the wine glass she had.

3. Daemon of Razgriz

Saito betrays a slight smile on the corner of his face. "Excellent, this should hopefully bring something together."

Saito has contacts. But he didn't want to dive into that just yet. His contacts had.... Strings attached.

4. SCTerranPlayer14

Taisa gave a fang filled smile. “Yep. I do need to get some armored clothing and maybe a weapon. Or two. Or maybe three.”

5. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Kenn "Oh good. I hope we can find a lead and get out of this ship speedily. These outfit is a bit small and the quicker I can relive myself of it the better my symbio & myself will feel."
    Kenn "Uh...nothing illegal I hope. We made sure not to bring anything that could be considered or bring us into suspicion."

6. Daemon of Razgriz

"Nonsense Kenn, in our line of work we must needs sometimes don outfits that aren't in our taste. I've had to wear my fair share of clothing that i found... At odds with my tastes. But work is work."

Staring at the inquisitor, "you've been quiet. Anything on your mind?"

7. Golem2God

Kenn "Not it doesn't match my taste but the size is a bit small. If it fit me better I wouldn't mind and it would be easier to stay in character."

8. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

"Was considering if it is maybe worthwhile to pool a relatively small part of our collective Social Energy (if it at all possible for Bakunin Cultural Economic Laws) or instead have a single Bond-Trustee (to whome maybe We could compensate somehow) to Bail this Valentine Dolles out of Moderator's Juve-Cube Cell. . ."

"Could be an opening to start reinforcing some solid contacts that will bring Us some good leads; but could backfire easily if We don't do it properly. . .!!"

"Remember that not only Sunz Agency warned to NOT be Antagonistics towards the Local Moderators, but to even be actively helpful and supportive of their uneasy efforts (sometimes I wonder if Corregidoran Enforcers, even being all former Prison Inmates, have it EASIER !!) both for this ongoing investigations and future endeavours of other Sunz Teams. . .!!"

"What are all Yours ideas about it? Must be an almost unanimous decision. . .!!"

". . . . ."

Then after saying all of this, Father Pietro Beretta (automatically, almost in subconscious muscle memory) checked the hidden holsters of his almost identical Sidearms, well camouflaged in rapid-estraction sheats under the stilish "Bladerunner Trench-Coat" of Reinforced Synthleather; those were twin Handguns models, but one had a slightly different Muzzle-Brake and small coloured dots of a vivid yellow (a fluorescent glop of Panoceanian Make) in the structure, a specific colour repeated on Army Tape put on some Clips, that were far less numerous of other Magazines, hidden in Trench Pockets, or secured on pouches of the main dress underneath, labeled with a Dull Red Tape. . .

Whoever was familiar with the Panoceanian Special Forces training would have recognized it a customary idea about diversifying, even in cramped condition and bad illumination, between normal standard Ammunition and some other kind of "Special Warhead Payloads"; was clear that one of the Army-Grade Semiauto Pistols of the Inquisitor Black-Friar was firing totally normal ammunition, while the other, even if mechanically identical, was able (or even specially optimized) to shoot far more dangerous Bullets, probably something heavily proscribed by O12 Concilium Firearms Conventions. . .

As if this semi-automatic check brought something to mind to the Undercover Order Knight, then pointed to Taisa and Kenn with a gesture that was half Paramilitary Silent Sign and half Religious Blessing. . .

". . . . ."

"Speaking of aquiring further Weaponry, I remember now that Uberfallkommandos of Chimera Gladiatrix Background, like You are, my good friend Taisa, are trained to use effectively very exotic arms like those devastating Viral-Toxin Coated Spiked Chains. . .!!"

"I doubt that something similar could be obtained quickly and easily; maybe You'll have to settle for a Unvenomed Model. . .!!"

"But I remember from Barrack Talks of My Order Battle-Brethren and Combat-Sisters of Frontline Knighthoods that the Tohaas are rumored to be experts of CENTURIES (if not more) of Weaponizing Biological Concoctions; one Ex Bourakite Convert even said that Hyperadvanced Haqqislamite Virals could be Standard Fare for any of our Esteemed Alien Allies cobelligerants. . .!!"

"Maybe Mister Kenn-Tal, with a Training Background of Technology and Biomedicals, could help You obtain very effective Payload Coatings for whatsoever Weapon that You manage to aquire, combining Mundane Pharmacology and Civilian Biotech that could be obtained by any Bakunite-Apotheke Street Vendor. . . . .!!!"

9. SCTerranPlayer14

Taisa thought about what the Inquisitor said. “Well, I’m skilled at using spiked chains, but the non viral variety. I’m good but not that good, and like you said, it would be easier to find the non viral versions faster. I think I can locate some shops that sell them and some armor. Usually they bump up the price when selling to non Chimeras, but since I am one it should be fine. I also have friends and contacts amongst the Mods, so I can most likely get us in to talk to Valentine. They could even keep an eye out for our little runaway.”

#89 SCTerranPlayer14, Jun 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  10. stevenart74

"About legally try to Bail-Bond this Valentine Dolles from the Moderator Cubes, is JUST Taisa that is legally a Nomad Citizen of the Mothership of Bakunin. . .??"

"This could be useful for not be restricted by Law Loopholes, but also for other purposes; for an example, I think that Lady Samira, while not a Born Citizen of Tunguska Mothership, still count as Lawful Representative of Sunz Detective Agency. . ."

"While we could resort to other useful Contacts, I think that We should limit every possibility JUST to our restricted group of Investigators. . ."

"Maybe we could draft some Basic kind of Diversion Mirror-Contract, that bind each other to the Civilian Practices of Bakunite Tribunals, just for the purposes to be, at least on the surface, shielded from Unlawful Activities accusations and litgations. . . . .???"

. . . . .

Saying so then Father Beretta opened a non encrypted channel (on a secondary subset, to be easily dismissed for hacking security purposes) to Lawyer and Public Defender forums of the Mothership, just to fish out some similar cases happened in the past. . .

DrunkCorsair and Golem2God like this.
  11. DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

"Kenny, that clothes fit perfectly in that size. Its not only about the color to fit it. I bet you wont need to sleep alone if you want it, with that clothes."
    Samira starts teasing Kenn.

"I think to get to Valentine isnt a bad idea, Padre, but we should do some other preperations. If we bail her out, we should look for a less prominant location to talk. Maybe we should look for a room a bit aside from the public, maybe a small freight compartment."

12. Golem2God

Kenn "If that is supposed to be a joke I don't find it funny. Seriously, if you are saying that humorously I don't get it."

So it seemed the plan was to get the Valentine woman out of jail using contacts in the Moderator Corps. Kenn wondered and hoped that this strategy would bare fruit. Since he felt the group had no other obvious course of action or lead it was best to let them take the lead and follow through with this idea. Still the possibility of something coming up, going wrong or turning unfruitful place some doubts in his Artichoke mind. He felt like a fish out of water and looked like one too. He hoped that maybe praying with the Padre to Humanity's unique 3-in-1 (Body, Soul, Spirit) God would help in this uncertain situation.
    Kenn "Well I haven't practiced that area of expertise in a long time. I might be rusty then again it could come back to me. Maybe I could cook something up for you to use if ingredients permit me to. Mind controlling parasite or another organism tool."

13. DrunkCorsair

"Kenny, if you wouldnt sit with us there are a few people quite interested in your compamnionship if you look around."
    Samira esplains to Kenn.

14. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

The team called it a night with a plan in place. Taisa got in contact with on a off again lover and old mentor Alina. It wasn't a big ask to see Valentine but it did take some persuasion to get her to help be on the look out for Loren. Uberfallkommando's weren't in the business of looking for runaways but she'd keep and eye out and a ear to the deckplates.

As for meeting with Valentine the team would need to show up to Deck Command 5 at 0900, talk to Johannes Sobhi, and don't be late.

After wrapping up her business with Alina Taisa quickly got on her little shopping trip. One she didn't even need to leave the Gaslight Cafe to do. Bakunin was the place that never slept and somewhere was always open and some places even delivered. Yes, spiked chains and body armor delivered straight to your hotel or hab door. She knew of a place from her time time fighting legally and undercover called FIST. Catered to those that like to use their hands and melee weapons. A FIST package was waiting for her when she got back to the hotel with her goodies.

++++
    Deck Command 5 (The next day)

While Mod Posts are where most see Moderators it's the Deck Commands that the central hubs of Moderator activity on Bakunin. Central command and control elements to the Moderator Corp and where they house their specialized departments like vice, cybercrime, violent crime, and SWAST.

It's also where those that committed an offense that needed to see them transferred from a Mod Post to a Deck Command and await a tribunal. Valentine was one such person.

Deck Command 5 was a cylindrical tube spanning at least 4 stories and ending on the deck above. It's distinctive orange markings and AR flourishes marked it as a Moderator Corp building. Inside it wasn't nearly as uniform with the vibrant paints, art decorations, and all kinds of AR slogans tagged to the walls. Also the place smelled strangely of cinnamon.

Johannes was a short stump of a man with no hair to speak of on his face or head. In its place was all kinds of tattoos. Some old school and others that changed and morphed into new ones. A few checks and one agreement the team had to agree to (the usual don't try and break out the prisoner and your safety is in your hands not ours) later they were lead to an interrogation room near the floor containing the cube cells.

"Only five of you can fit." Johannes said.

The choice to leave Igor outside was the easy one. He plopped himself on a bright purple chair that protested against his weight but held.

Inside Valentine was secured to the table's retention bar by securecuffs. She was a lithe thing. A lot of features accentuated by plastic surgery and modifications. Hard to tell if they were done on her own terms or someone else's...

"Look at this marry band of fuckwits and losers." She jeered at the team.

"Oh, yeah, she's got a bit of a mouth. You have about fifteen minutes." Johannes added before closing the interrogation room door.

15. Golem2God

Kenn "What is that supposed to mean?"

#95 Golem2God, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    DrunkCorsair and stevenart74 like this.
  16. Golem2God

Well that was not optimal in Kenn's personal interests. Hopefully this Valentine would cooperate...
    ...Despite her jeering. Perhaps he could try using his pheromone receptors in case she couldn't be reasoned with sensibly. But were his damaged hair follicles healed well enough? Maybe they were up to par for the task.
    Yes he noticed that. At least he would be united with Igor soon but there was the case of miss potty mouth claming up and the whole event would be a waste of time. Perhaps it won't come to that...

#96 Golem2God, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    DrunkCorsair and stevenart74 like this.
  17. stevenart74

Typical attitude of a young Street-Punk Wannabe, probably so much artificial and rehearsed to be instintively linked to a mind level so deep that even the Young Mrs. Dolles was unaware about what was real and what was a mere façade. . .

Father Pietro Beretta was relatively knowledgeable about this kind of attitude, even if it was rather based (and biased) on interpreting Young Hyperelite Glitterati "Spoiled Brats" that joined Atek Dispossessed Teen-Gangs as a rather crude (and potentially very autodistructive and suicidal manner) revenge against Corporate Lobby Parents. . .

Sometimes those disaffected were seconded to Paramilitary Units attached to Order Knighthoods to steel-up a little their spine (especially after some so egregious offence that not even Daddy-Mommy Money could easily clean the slate); but in Panoceania was a rather far less common procedure than in the other Hyperpowers of the Human Sphere, as in the worlds of Acontecimento, Neoterra, Varuna, Svarhalheima (even aknowledging the great significance of Yujing held territories on "Frozen Hellhole Iceball" the upbringing of the Inquisitor forced Him to think of State-Empire controlled zones as "Invaded Homelands" rather than Sovereign Turf !!) and other "Zones Of Panoceanian Economic Interest" around the Sphere, often Military Service was either a Chosen Profession or a Higher Calling, rather that a "Forced Indentured Last Option". . .

Also the Black-Friar Interrogator-Detective had to think along new and unforeseen reasoning avenues; rather than Disaffected Youths that were merely disruptive, the Rebellious Streak of people like Valentine Dolles was a carefully cultivated attitude in the Nomad Nations, whose very definition was to "Rage Against The Machine" (curiously an outdated reference that was antecedent to even the most basic theorizations of the Benevolent Overseer of Humanity that was A.L.E.P.H.); especially Bakunin Mothership "harvested and pruned" those Rebels just when they outstepped the rather very loose boundaries of the Nomads Society. . .

Was too early to draw a Profile of what could link this Valentine Dolles to their Researched Target so Father Beretta elected to be the "Silent Brooding Menace" at a corner of the room, maybe in a position mirroring the opposite of Saito's one, as the Professional Shinobi-Ronin was even more apt to elicit a undercurrent of doom and sense of non-safety in interrogated suspects. . .

Probably both Taisa Grunewald (a born-&-bred Bakunite, deeply steeped in their Chimera Gladiators Culture) and Lady Samira (incredibly Socially Lethal and Scalpel-Cutting as few others that the Religious Investigator had seen, mainly in rare Dominican Liaisons with the Hexas) were more useful to directly address the defiant youngster; but should anyone would need the Black-Friar Inquisitor keen analysys and "Humint Profiling" the silent encrypted channels were yet prepared by his Geist on the shared Comlogs-Network. . .

. . . . .

Also on that note Pietro Beretta opened another parallel, but separated, Channel of Encrypted Comms with the Alien Ally, Kenn Taal; the Detective-Priest sensed the deep sensation of uneasiness and severance that the Tohaa showed (with very little telltales typical of any Sentient, regardless of Race and Culture) when separated from the Hulking Bodyguard. . .

Curiously enough Father Pietro Beretta has seen yet this "Drone Disconnection Uneasiness" even in Elite Special Forces troopers of Frontline Panoceans; was particularly evident in the Auxilia and "Guarda De Asalto" (who trained endlessly with their Auxbot, so much it was an Extension of their Self, almost another Cybernetic Remote Limb) but all manners of Pan-O Soldiers who relied too much on their dedicated Armbot, Peacemaker or Bulletteer as a "Fellow Battle Brother" showed a similar feeling when forcefully separated from their "Metal Friend". . .

Probably being the Tohaa and the Chaksa linked by Genetically dreived Hormonal and Pheromonal channels of Biotech Comms (a rather innovative and daring Bioscience Developement of whom the Inquisitor was just skimming the surface to understand merely the basic principles) that feeling of uneasiness was even more deeply pronounced. . .

But whatsoever "Solace And Counseling" that the Dominican Blackfriar could offer to the esteemed Alien Comrade-In-Arm would be quickly available to Kenn; just the basic communication between the Squadmembers showed very intriguing ideas. . .

Before this investigation Father Pietro Beretta had just very limited exchanges of communications with Frontline Soldier kind of Tohaas (especially Makaul Elites, crisply terse and bravely concise); Kenn was instead a "Civilian Engineer And Biomedical" and showed yet a very deep Philosophical Bent that seemed extremely interesting; maybe a sincere exchange of Teosophical Ideas would be a Boon for both of them, technically "Outsiders Stranded In A Weird Land Of Strangeness". . .

18. DrunkCorsair

Unimpressed by this attitude Samira takes a seat at the table, showing off her odalisque training.
    She keeps looking at the younger deliquent, waiting for the rest of the team what they will do, ready to act on a clue.

19. Daemon of Razgriz

Saito merely stands there, silent, arms clasped behind his back, staring at the woman. He would observe first. Let others play the first move. The inquisitor was making an edgy gesture enough for the both of them.

20. SCTerranPlayer14

Taisa decided it was best to let others more experienced in interrogation to handle the little punk. She flashed her sharp fangs at her.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation