1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isnt it too much?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Angry Clown, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yup, this is something that's definitely worth considering, especially as a TO. I wonder how much effort CB puts into it.

csjarrat likes this.
  2. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

It's definitely worth considering that a tournament is 5 specific missions not one wholistic event with necessarily widely extrapolatable results.

But for all the gnashing of teeth Nomads aren't winning them disproportionately in general AFAIK

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

That wasn't the main complaint though, it's that Nomads have too much development attention given to them at the expense of other more entitled factions.

At the end of the day the Vostok is a Mimetic -6 gunfighter, people have tools to deal with that it's not exactly a unique attack piece in the game. The question isn't can they or can't they handle it, it's why the fuck is this a universal Nomad option when they're not typically supposed to be a brute force faction?

Stiopa, Savnock, Jumara and 1 other person like this.
  4. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

"Five combined army in the top ten" is a bit disingenuous - morats, shasvastii and vanilla combined army are very different armies with different strengths, weaknesses and competitive balance.

(Vanilla combined taking the two top podium spots is a small data set by comparison but definitely shouldn't be ignored. The lists used are pure predators in terms of both sheer mechanical strength and CA's ability to trivialise ostensibly 'challenging' mission sets.)

5. Hecaton

3 dice on 11's vs 2 dice on 12's isn't "risk free." Even if you get them in the open, which you're typically going to have to walk into their deployment zone to do 3 on 14's vs 2 on 12's isn't risk free, and it takes a lot of orders. So no, I'm still right.

Also with respect to my performance in my last tournament, I'm not going to feel particularly bad about going 2-1 in a 3 round tournament. Sure I didn't win, but it's not the end of the world. As for my placing, Infinity's scoring system rewards getting paired down and submarining, so I don't take that part too seriously.

6. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

Lots of successful games that don't really work for competition.
    Magic the gathering Commander/edh or what ever it's called.
    However any game that is serious about being a good high skilled game is going to balance around top.

7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

No, you disagree with math. Although I'm not surprised that a person like you does that.

Walking with a unit that infiltrates half across the board, while having zero obstacles due to how Varuna is restricted, is not order intensive.

Of all the profiles mentioned, you cherrypicked the lowest BS to fit your illusion, despite being unaware of the fact that a flanking BS11 skirmisher will have 43% chance to inflict at least one wound against a fully linked Fusilier, while only risking a 10,5% chance to take a wound in return.
    This is not even factoring in the fact that many skirmishers brings shotguns, in which case it's essentially an auto-delete of a Fusilier.

Stop proving you're bad at the game. USARF is plastered with such camo profiles.

8. Hecaton

I reject your claim that they would have "zero obstacles." Smart Varuna players cover themselves from intrusion into their DZ.

I chose BS 11 because that's what my infiltrators have. So I'm not cherry picking anything.

TIL 43% is "reliable." Considering that a skirmisher going in on a fireteam is going to get blown away or neutralized by Helots or a Jammer while it's making an attack like this, 43% is not reliable. If I proposed a project and was like "Hey boss, 43% chance I *don't* waste all your time and money on this task!" I'd be laughed at.

If you're playing against players who can't capitalize on that kind of waste of orders, you're not playing against good players.

Even shotguns are not an auto-delete a Fusilier, but if you're playing with shotguns, you're better off getting within 8" of the Kamau themselves and dealing with them that way.

I do just fine at the game. Though I'm expecting another rant in PMs about how what's really wrong with Infinity is leftist politics.

Savnock likes this.
  9. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Another thing I found to be jealous of on the weekend: Evaders, the better copycat of Haidao, also are Veterans for the purpose of missions and secret objective cards :rage:. Haidao are Special Trained.

Stiopa, Weathercock and csjarrat like this.
  10. Triumph

I still don't understand why they have an extra artificial points cut on top of the pseudo HI points cut.

Their profiles are excellent, even if they paid the correct points they'd still see the table top.

Stiopa and Savnock like this.
  11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Not to mention access to Feuberbach and AP Spitifire on a regular one AND an Engineer, D-Charges on ever one of them, Tinbot options, and Mine options. Sorry, my jealousy showing again. I'll shut up now. :zipper_mouth_face:

Stiopa and Savnock like this.
  12. Triumph

Nomads having solid and versatile combat engineer options is on theme and is fine.

Nomads paying 3-5 points less on HI because.... reasons/Gutier's pet faction? Really isn't fine.

Stiopa, Jumara, Savnock and 1 other person like this.
  13. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Imagine complaining about fast attack pieces when you have access to the Su'Jian.

14. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Imagine being so bad at the game you can't make Camo work against Varuna.
    That's like not being able to make hacking work with Nomads against an entire hackable army.

Imagine being so bad at the game you attack with the enemy having multiple ARO's.

Yeah... No....

I've never made this claim so it's another manifestation from your mind that was deranged enough to claim believing in freedom of speech is equal to worship of Anders Breivik.

15. Triumph

Who's complaining about fast attack pieces?

Hecaton likes this.
  16. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Didn't you get the memo? Evaders are now 8-2.

17. Triumph

Early spoilers for the Gencon update, eh?

Hecaton likes this.
  18. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Oh shit you're right, I forgot that the profile we're complaining about with a 24" guns that starts in the DZ with no vis mods was only 4-4. My bad.

Ashtaroth likes this.
  19. Triumph

Uh... well other than the fact that they can come with a Feuerbach but that wasn't even relevant to the discussion. The point being is why does it break the points formula for no reason? It has an excellent series of profiles on an already cut throat unbloated platform, they don't need to be randomly cheaper for no reason.

More than anything that causes internal balance issues for Nomads besides being annoying for everyone else.

#559 Triumph, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    Stiopa, Jumara and Savnock like this.
  20. Hecaton

Varuna has MSV and Sensor. It does fine against camo. What tool would be better?

Just saying "yeah... no" isn't really an argument.

And I'm a big fan of freedom of speech, you probably got me confused with Arsenty or Ho or someone else.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation