1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isnt it too much?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Angry Clown, Mar 5, 2022.

1. SpectralOwl

Cool as TAGs are, I think YJ tend to prefer using Heavy Infantry as their assault troops- cheaper to replace, easier to heal, more mobile in urban settings. And when it comes to their HI YJ still are the kings, we just need CB to stop making fat MI the same thing but better. ISS really should get a TAG though, or at least Anaconda access, for the sake of the old missions that used them for scoring.

Savnock likes this.
  2. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threa...cement-division-2021-03-22-full-colour.39383/

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Gecko has become quite good. I think now it is well worth fielding on the regular where this wasn't necessarily the case and it represents a strong faction identity for Nomads where its stats properly convey the story that it's an older machine that has had custom performance upgrades making it capable of staying abreast with modern machines without being priced like peanuts.

Show of Force isn't really a thing anymore so a TAG isn't a hard requirement. Yu Jing does get good things, it isn't like Nomad releases are cannibalizing Yu Jing releases, so let's leave Yu Jing out of this, shall we? Thread's about how Nomads get all the stuff, after all, and not Yu Jing grievances.

Savnock likes this.
  4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Well I did say it was my jealousy of Nomads:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

The point is less "Yu Jing should have more TAGs" (even though they should) and more "Yu Jing should have interesting stuff too"

Compare Nomad HI options with Yu Jing options. Yu Jing has a ton of them, but many of those feel uninspired and bland. Meanwhile nomads have few options, but the ones that they have all feel distinct and interesting from each other.

Yu Jing could use to have some passion and focus put on them. As could tohaa, etc.

Meanwhile, Nomads ends up feeling 'overdesigned' in the sense that they already have cool stuff, and then they get MORE cool stuff.

Interestingly, since the beginning of N4, Corregidor had 7 new units added to it. Morats had 8 (I am actually surprised by that). So this does put some weight behind the theory that CB is actually giving each faction they focus on the same level of attention. Which is a nice positive.

So yeah, can we get some proper focus on stuff that is not nomads? Clearly they learned how to do it.

Hecaton, Triumph, csjarrat and 2 others like this.
  6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Erbent, Savnock, Hecaton and 4 others like this.
  7. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Is this still going on? I thought we'd moved on to CA being the faction I should feel bad for playing.

Vakarian and burlesford like this.
  8. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

The only faction you should feel bad for playing is PanO… and then you ignore that feeling bad and start to revel in it.

Savnock and burlesford like this.
  9. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I was under the impression people were mad at Morats specifically these days.

10. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Nah, Morats still have actual limitations (camo), and spent a long time being not super functional. They deserve some time near the top of the heap.

Giving them a Pitcher hacker in links did suck tho.

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  11. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

Whiners love to whine

chromedog, Savnock, Willen and 3 others like this.
  12. SpectralOwl

Nah. CA's probably the stronger faction overall, but it's usually more fun to play against for more people since its listbuilding weakness of being fairly top-heavy and relying on limited-capability discount units to fill out an Order pool is equally easy for most factions to exploit (MRRF being possibly the only faction that really lacks an ability to deal with elites). Nomads' board control and Hacking makes their "poor command" weakness difficult to actually take advantage of for factions lacking dedicated assassins, leading to frustrating games.

Savnock, csjarrat and Jumara like this.
  13. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

That's not what people say when you win a big event with an Avatar list ;)

14. Hecaton

I don't understand people who feel particularly threatened by Avatar lists. Then again they might be playing the game in a different meta.

Savnock likes this.
  15. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Depends on what the list is, the old double-dick-punch of speculo and avatar on reserve when you were going second was brutal. Could end up on t1 in loss of LT with half your force gone.
    Easier if you're going first against it as you can carve down its order pool however

16. Triumph

Tables play a big part of it, personally, I find that people who have crippling issues with TAGs also tend to have crippling issues with terrible terrain, and it's frankly more common than you think and prevalent amongst people who consider themselves experienced with the game.

For example this is an actual table from a tournament

[​IMG]

This is a shining example of an awful table that allows a TAG or any big gun alpha striker with alot of orders to utterly devastate a player on turn 1 by running down a flank and ending their career.

#516 Triumph, Jun 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  17. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

This.

This is a 1" deployment zone, that start 11" away from the side of the table. Not to be confused with a 12" deployment zone.

This is definately the number one mistake I see on table building, having no depth of deployment. Going first on a table like this is going to be a trivial victory for any faction that can abuse deployment zone aggression.

Savnock, Zewrath and burlesford like this.
  18. Hecaton

Yeah the sideways sight lines there are insane, not just in the DZ. Where is this from?

Also a good forward deploying gunfighter on that tower is going to have a field day.

Diphoration likes this.
  19. Triumph

Melbourne Australia I believe.

20. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Setting up tables to lessen the pain of aggressive alphastrikes is one of the most important metagame elements of Infinity.

That pic is a great "How Not To Set Up Infinity Tables" demo.

If I really had to play on it and had that DZ on the right, I'd do what I could with the tin-foor-building's fenced compound and the slightly angled hopper in front of it. Hope you've got plenty of your army out infiltrating though, because not much is going to fit in those few hideyholes.

Hecaton and Triumph like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation