1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity review, a model review blog, returns

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by jake richmond, Mar 25, 2022.

1. jake richmond

jake richmond Well-Known Member

2. jake richmond

3. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I love that Marut story. Fall damage was a lot of fun...

4. jake richmond

New post!

My Bultrak review. Lets take a look at a model that seems to have really divided the community!

Wizzy, burlesford, Abrilete and 2 others like this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I think you gave it a very fair evaluation. Such a weird model...

jake richmond and Abrilete like this.
  6. jake richmond

Thanks. As much as I dislike the model, I wanted to be clear that I think it has some fantastic design elements and is very wells sculpted and posed. I can see why some people do like it.

burlesford and toadchild like this.
  7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Seconded, the sculpt is awful, but the pose is very nice.

One design element I do like are the CCW hands. It's a shame CB didn't go with a CC-oriented TAG, they feel wasted on the current platform.

jake richmond and Abrilete like this.
  8. jake richmond

I agree. I think an actual CC TAG would have been great. I get a surprising amount of work out of Scarface's close combat kit, and I'd love to have something similar in MAF. I'd trade that big gun for a B2 Heavy Shotgun and Berserk.

Stiopa likes this.
  9. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

I would think there are already 3 tags which are pretty good in close combat.
    The gator, guijia and the o-yoroi. I mesh those are pretty handy in a gunfight too, but nobody wants to get hit in CC by those guys.
    I wouldn't say no to a more CC oriented o Yoroi with heavy shotgun, smoke and dodge (14). Would be very anime.

Abrilete likes this.
  10. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Seraph is no slouch either.
    Blue Wolf is a more specific case.

Stiopa likes this.
  11. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Can you believe I simply forgot that the seraph exists?
    I Ieft out the blue wolf on purpose because he has no MA but a case could be made for him as he has reasonably high cc and berserk.

Abrilete likes this.
  12. jake richmond

New post! I had some free time this week so I created a new banner image for Infinity Review, featuring my own Druze Army in their Yellow/Green/Red color scheme.

[​IMG]

Tristan228, Frodos, Wizzy and 3 others like this.
  13. jake richmond

14. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Thank you! I enjoy those reviews a lot.

jake richmond likes this.
  15. jake richmond

burlesford likes this.
  16. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I love your reviews! One thing I honestly don't get however is people's perception of Uxia. There was the very first N1 sculpt, then two N2 sculpts representing her two different loadouts (Cover Ops and SAS). These two now finally got a CAD update. Seems totally reasonable to me. Sure, there was the Defiance version, but that doesn't really count, does it?

jake richmond likes this.
  17. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

There are gazzilion profiles without the miniature and yet CB does several minis for some profiles...

18. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Sure, but that's an old gripe. They also keep adding new LE Minis every four months that clutter up the regular release schedule down the road, but that's just how it is, isn't it?

Daniel Darko likes this.
  19. jake richmond

First, thanks!

I think a lot of the frustration with Uxia is old, and predates a time when CB was regularly making multiple versions of the same character.

I remember when the 2nd version of Uxia came out, and that seemed just fine. Older models were starting to get redone, and Uxia had just gotten an updated profile in Paradiso. But shortly after that she got ANOTHER model, and that seemed egregious. Yes, it was for a different profile, but there was really no reason for two profiles to begin with. And one model could have easily represented both. During a time when some armies were waiting a LONG time for releases, seeing two Uxias in a row like that was egregious.

Its not as big a deal now. Or maybe we're just used to it? But I don't think we needed 4 more Uxias. The recent models are all nice, but so we're the previous ones. They didn't need to be updated. In fact, I really believe that a lot of the updated models we've seen over the last 6 years were totally nessacary. In some cases they are nicer, or a nessacary redesign to fit in with a new aesthetic. In a lot of cases (like the new Morats) they seem to be, at best, a lateral move. In many cases the updated models feel like downgrades. I'm thinking of the Nisse in particular. I think we could have stuck with the previous versions of Uxia forever and been just fine.

The way CB releases models has changed a lot in a decade. I used to be you could expect your army to see a new release every month or so. And then after Human Sphere that slowed down to a few times a year. Now we're lucky if our chosen army sees a release every two or three years, and your army is just as likely to be discontinued or completely redesigned (by someone who clearly hates the established aesthetic of your favorite army). Thats just the reality of having such a big line. But with releases so spread out, it can be very frustrating to see resources going to limited edition models or a 6th version of a character who already has several very nice models.

chaos11, Abrilete and burlesford like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation