1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My one wish for Morat redesign..

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by paraelix, Feb 10, 2022.

1. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Agree totally on the importance of "Hair / Headfur" in the sociological context of the Morat Culture; also for Males seems quite relevant, as shown in the ornate "Braided Tresses" of old design of Daturazi and of Kornak Gazarot. . .

Maybe is totally off but the Krakots lack of good haircare (the first Male Krakot was the first "Bare Head" bereft of Beard or Head-Fur Morat that I saw and the first female Krakot Zerat had coarse and uncoiffed hair) seems to point that, as lowest rung of the Natives of Ugarat Society, they put less importance in that that even Oznats, that pass all their time in the Gaki Kennels, splattered in the entrails of defeated rival alphas and YET have the time to do very practical long tresses braided in their Hair. . .

There are also some examples of Art of Morats with impressive "Beard Tresses" that are even more complex that those of Fantasy Viking "Dvergar Style" Dwarves. . .

2. alchahest

alchahest Well-Known Member

I think the red must be pigmentation, there's an entire caste they look down on, the caste that noted albino Kornak Gazarot comes from. Albinism has to do with melanin, not capillaries!

3. jake richmond

jake richmond Well-Known Member

Its a fun idea, but I feel like if Morats were only red sometimes we'd know about it by now.

4. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

I had the impression that Kornak Gazarot was not an Albino "Mutant Strain" but rather a specific Subracial Pattern of a Morat "Breed" almost extinguished in Ugarat (the Racial Homeworld) and maybe just surviving in some far off Colonies (Slave Penal Colonies? I swear I remember someone wanted to paint Krakots with the exact Official Studio Colours of Kornak, to create a "Spartacus Rebel" gang of Ex-Convicts that worked as Mercenaries; don't remember if that Idea was ever expressed on painted miniatures, or staid just a hopeful project). . .

I remember that was likened to how, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the "Kree Aliens" (imperialistic, tyrannical, oppressive, genocidal fascists) main breed was humanoid but "Greenish Bluish" tinctured, but had also "Human Pigmentation" Krees (that still had their Non Red Blood in their veins) that had to work harder to be respected and attain prestige. . .

Although Kornak's "Greys" are universally reviled (enslaved to Non Military Serfdom? Purged in Internation Camps?? Don't remember the most actual fluff) around "Mainstream Red Onis" and He is the most famous of them being a stubborn and cantankerous Veteran who fight tooth and nails and refuse to die. . .

jake richmond likes this.
  5. alchahest

alchahest Well-Known Member

I'm just saying I don't think kornak has literally different blood and blood vessels from the rest of the morats, it's probably just a lack of or different pigmentation

6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Oh sure, it’s definitely a skin coloration issue.

7. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Kornak is an Orlorat, an ethnic minority nearly extinguished during one of the numerous war in Morat history.
    They are outcasts and considered unworthy to be part of military regiments.
    Raveneye indicate several morats ethnies that have disapeared in genocides.

stevenart74 likes this.
  8. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Picture of painted Bultrak dropped. It still doesn't look better, the design flaws are too powerful

[​IMG]

I guess the awkward pilot is an attempt by CB to address complains about TAGs not being really able to fit pilots inside as depicted, and that our criticism might feel like being kicked regardless of what they do, but let's face it, it's not a successful attempt.

On the upside Bultrak's Silhouette was - predictably - changed to 7. Which means we can use TAG Raid Morat TAG instead.

edit: a comment on fb made me think: what if CC-oriented TAG with a Skurgot for a pilot, and BS weaponry reduced to instinctively/automatically activated CQB ones?

MOV 6-6 | CC 22 | BS 9 | PH 15 | WIP 11 | ARM 6 | BTS 6 | W 3 | S 6
    ECM: Guided (-6)
    BS Attack (+1 Dam), BS Attack (+1B), Dodge (+1"), Super-Jump, Gizmokit (PH=11), Tactical Awareness, MA1, CC Attack (+1B)

Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, Heavy Pistol, AP CCW

#368 Stiopa, May 10, 2022
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
  9. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

This… I have no words. My words have failed me. I mean I hoped it’d look better than the renders but it just doesn’t. I want to like it, I really do but I can’t. I’m sorry. I’ve never hated a CB miniature before this but I have to buy it to fix it. Some extreme conversion work will be done. I can’t look at this and not try to fix it, it’ll keep me up at night.

On the other hand, as noted the size is now S7 so the tag raid one can be used instead. Which is quite cool when tag raid gets sent out to its backers, I much prefer that one, it looks Infinitely better.

jake richmond and Stiopa like this.
  10. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Still ridiculous.
    What a failed opportunity to do something really innovative and original.
    There is nothing we can do anymore about the stupid ballsack pilot but I still hope CB will hear us out and drastically changes the profil to something that is not: 1- a complete inadequacy between mini and profile. 2- a bad Raicho clone

11. jake richmond

I honestly think the paint job made it worse. Its nicely painted of course, but that only draws out more awkward and unattractive elements of the design. This one should have been scraped. I really appreciate that they tried for a novel design, but this one is an absolute disaster.

12. jake richmond

Are there any more photos of the painted model?

13. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I'm still weirdly fixated on getting it and cutting, sawing, and sculpting until I like it, but I find that paint scheme to lack any sort of cohesiveness or focus - the bright yellow is pulling my eyes to kind of random spots on the model and not doing anything to smooth out the interesting design choices they made.

DaRedOne and jake richmond like this.
  14. Urist

Urist Well-Known Member

Portable Autocannon is such a cool and unique weapon to stick on what amounts to be a worse Raicho. Sure it's slightly cheaper and has super jump, but I rather have the lady with BS14, Arm8, and template weapons to defend itself. I hope one day the Bultrak gets a second pass on it's rules to make it more of an artillery TAG or something. Like I heard one suggestion to make the PAC have (guided) or Marksmanship to make it more distinct from the Raicho.

I will say the Bultrak is true to form. It's obviously designed to mimick the anatomy of the Hungries, with the awkward pilot sticking out mimicking the Hungry's awkward spike dong.

15. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

On CB online shop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Wulverdron

Wulverdron Well-Known Member

Wow, they buried the lede of terrible design by not including the rear view until now.

You could have an ammo belt loading the cannon from the crate... or, instead, you could just have a lumpy pipe. Perfect.

Also, the left leg rear armour plate has a notch cut into it to allow the rod coming off the foot to fit into it, due to the pose... but the right plate doesn't.

17. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

ROFL, what the heck is that pipe? Are autocannon shells supposed to move up that thing and get in the autocannon chamber magically?

jake richmond and Gwynbleidd like this.
  18. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

So… it’s even fuglier from the back. That pipe… God damn it. Going to need to buy some of those bendable ammo belts to replace that. It’s an abomination as it is. My list is currently to remove the pilot, resculpt the torso, reposition the legs and get that damn pipe out of the way. I again apologise to CB here, it’s the first mini they’ve released that I cannot stand. I’ll also apologise to anyone who does like it but the tag raid one was so cool then this comes along. Oh well. Conversion mode activate!

19. jake richmond

Those photos are... interesting. They don't make me like the model any more, but they reveal some new things that weren't apparent before.

- The legs aren't exactly what I thought they were. Their bulk is disguised in the first two photos, but the upper parts are quite large, and the lower parts don't seem to separate from the upper thighs in the way I would expect (like a leg would). I wish there were photos of the side of the TAG so we could have a better idea what it looks like form that angle.

- The muscle fiber of the upper arms wasn't visible in the original photos, and looks pretty different from anything we've seen before. Or maybe it's not muscle fiber, but wires?

- The gun is even weirder from the back. The gun itself still looks awfully generic and boxy, like a prop from a bad 60's sci-fi show. The "ammo box" and feed tube aren't bad, but are really strange. The tube suggests that maybe the gun is being fed gasses or fluids? I don't think it looks bad, actually, just very unusual, and not what we would expect to see form MAF. The ammo box is fine too, but in combination with the tube and the weapon mount and awful gun the whole thing looks messy.

toadchild and Gwynbleidd like this.
  20. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Yeah, raising the bultrak to S7 does make it go from 'good' to 'meh' very fast.

at S6 its BS13 and lower armor make it palatable and interesting. At S7 it becomes a worse Raicho/Worse Overdron. Fuck.

I was happy with this models rules.

Wulverdron likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation