1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

June 2022 Speculation thread

Discussion in 'News' started by colbrook, Apr 24, 2022.

1. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

FWIW the actual sculpt has much less “cute” posing and facial expression than the concept art.

McDevil and infyrana like this.
  2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Looking at the Bultrak - it seems that someone didn't get the memo about intended size of the TAG. Again.

Lesh', Gwynbleidd, Abrilete and 7 others like this.
  3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I’m still planning on getting one, although I may turn it into a bit of a conversion project.

4. Silas7

Silas7 Member

Too bad they don't offer tags in both materials; even if it was direct order only I'd consider buying with a cost increase.

Rizzy and Abrilete like this.
  5. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

The Marut is just possibly my favourite robot mini ever.

Cthulhu363 and Dragonstriker like this.
  6. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I was waiting for the new Marut to decide which one to pick, either the old one or the new one.
    I still don't know what to do, I like both :p

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  7. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

the other option is the marut shrunked to S6...

Abrilete likes this.
  8. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Yeah… the Marut is very tall but the Bultrak dominates the base it’s on. The maggy in the background looks small in comparison and it’s a beefy tag!

9. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

It's still on a 55mm base, though.

Same. Or - if they'll indeed change the silhouette - I might try to get Morat machine from TAG Raid.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  10. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

thanks for the bultrak picture. Gods, that thing is UGLY.

It's like it fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch in the way down. It's ugly like beating your mom. It's like, the revenge of the ugly.

Definetely going to buy one and butcher it like no tomorrow.

Rizzy, Lesh', jake richmond and 4 others like this.
  11. Gwynbleidd

The Bultrak didn’t fall off the ugly tree. It IS the ugly tree. It’s just plain fugly. There’s no getting around it. I have to buy one just to convert it, to fix it. Might give it to my friend who runs combined after that. First thing to go is the pilot.

#51 Gwynbleidd, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022
  12. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

It could be serious optical tricks (one siocast bigger than the metal, the other smaller), but both Bultraks look taller than Maruts.
    Maybe they should use base extensions, not just tacticrap. It's clear bigger base sizes plan didn't last long. :P

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  13. Morganus

Morganus Evolved Emotional Intelligence

Yeah, it is quite the undefendable visual attrocity. I cannot fathom who thought this as a genious idea, with the pogo stick and all. But then again, I loved the v.2. Morats' aesthetics (minus the new Raicho, which was already a slippery slope in design I think), so I am also baffled why they had to revamp the whole Morat line. I commend you guys for willing to buy such falied product and fixing it by conversion (maybe there will be a way to make it look... slightly better), but I just cannot endorse such artistic travesty with my wallet, such as this miniature. Personally I would rather find a first gen Szalamandra cheap in a clearance section and convert that, as it at least had some old school charm...

14. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I believe we're about to see a Silhouette change for Bultrak. Given the concept for it (with the pilot partially exposed, hanging between the machine's legs), I don't believe it could have been reasonably sculpted for a 40mm-based, S6 TAG.

Whether it was a mistake from the beginning to have it at S6, or it changed once they created the concept design for it, I cannot tell...

15. Kelthret

Kelthret Usuario

Yup, first thing I thought. If they end up changing Bultrak to S7, the tag from tag raid is gonna be my mini for it.

Gwynbleidd and jake richmond like this.
  16. Morganus

You are probably right, but then it will become an even bigger issue and design blunder. If Bultrak becomes a S7, then it will collude for the spot with the S7 Raicho in MAF, and S6 Overdron in Vanilla CA. It would have been so much better if they designed a S6 TAG that could be a compact and unique weapon platfrom, like the Overdron, but still different so they don't overlap too much. The HRMC is a bit odd to me on the Bultrak, to be honest, and the whole long range fire superiority role with capabilities such as the Super-Jump and Tac Awareness. It is a tight design space to be sure, because it is also quite close to the Xeodron in this regard, but I still think they would have been better off making it a mid-range fighting S6 TAG with smart close range capabilities as well. Or to make it really unique, putting it on a S3 or S4 base, making it a tetrapod, low profile TAG, which is based on the look of the Gurlanak beast, manned by a zerat, who is riding in the armor protected part of the head-neck and back, making the Bultrak a cool answer and analogue to the bikers, Su Jian and Symbiobeasts of lesser species (I mean, humans and artichokes, to be precise). The monkez need something cool, not something that is a laughing stock of the regiments!

17. Gwynbleidd

Yes, the size is very odd as the Bultrak seems to dwarf the new Marut and completely outsize the maggy. Base extensions would at least help.

I have never truly hated a CB mini until this one. It has to be bought so I can fix it. I had the same compulsion with the new maugan ra whose legs are way out of alignment with the hips. Fixed it with lots of cutting and green stuff sculpting. The Bultrak will require the same tlc. That pilot has to go. It gives a whole new meaning to dick swinging. I think someone posted a picture of the pilot removed and legs pulled in closer together which is what I may try.

I think so too. It’s just too big for its base.

jake richmond likes this.
  18. jake richmond

jake richmond Well-Known Member

Some part of me was still hoping that the Bultrak was an elaborate prank, and that we were going to finally see the real one revealed. or something like that? I can't overstate how much I dislike it. Its bad enough that its officially convinced me to skip the new Morat range entirely.

19. Morganus

I feel the same. But my handling of grief is still different. One thing if I find a miniature not that attractive, then I just don't buy it. I did not like the new Raicho, not that big of a problem. I have the old one, which also had its issues, but at least it has its charms as well. But in this case... I just don't know. This model seems to be so against everything that was in fluff and aesthetics about Morats, that I just cannot allow it anywhere near to my collection. A TAG is usually an expensive miniature, so it has to be a fail-safe and charming design, otherwise... All I can vote with towards a company, is my wallet. If they see it as good product to-be, so be it, but the market will decide ultimately whether it is truly. I fear that even the Caskuda fiasco will be dwarfed by this thing...

Same here. I will probably skip the new Morat range also. Maybe buy one or two minis, if they convince me that they look cool, and can be integrated into my existing army without sticking out like a sore thumb. But so far this new line seems to be so detached from the prior itinarations, that I just doubt that. They feel more like a strange human faction, like overarmored space-kazak junkies buffing up on steroids, sometimes cosplaying as ugly red space-onis.

And it is really sad to hear similar sentiments from others, especially from You, who is usually so enthusiast in your miniature reviews, striving to find that silver lining... I just don't understand the situation, because usually CB does really wonderful job, especially with TAGs (that new Marut looks awesome), but this Bultrak is a really bad sign, especially after those strange wrists on Vanguards, that they somehow lost their mojo with Morats, which is a shame.

20. Gwynbleidd

I usually don’t reward a company for creating a mini I don’t like by buying it unless I can see the potential in the miniature. And it’s there in the Bultrak. I can see where they were going with it but then that pilot gets slapped in there and it just looks… lazy. Draw the legs in closer together, increase the bulk of the torso so you can imagine a pilot in there and boom. Scary looking/stunning tag.

I mean they could have even gone the same way they did for the tag raid Morat tag. The Bultrak body on track type legs would have looked mean. They could have even gone with quad legs and made it a mini megalodron, that would have been amazing.

I have a few things to consider when I convert this up. I may print some extra parts for it to go on but resculpting is almost a definite, especially when I remove the pilot.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation