1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Random List Generator

Discussion in 'News' started by Ieldin Soecr, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Ieldin Soecr

Ieldin Soecr Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm currently updating the database with the new N4 data from army and I hope to be able to release an updated version until end of the month.

Abydog, ijw, KGG and 8 others like this.
  2. Ieldin Soecr

First implementation for the N4 update is completed. Some functionalities will be delivered in a furture update but in generell it should work so far.

Changes:
    • Updated to N4 profiles
    • Added Starmada
    • Deactiveted Spec-Ops gamemode
    • Default gamemode is now "ITS-Standard" with the 15 trooper limit
    • Added "Free Game" gamemode
    • Removed "Force REM" and "Force Control Device" Flags
    • Updated model count to include only order generating models, added lieutenant order counter
    • Removed G:Jumper logic (will be added later)
    Known Issues:
    • Units with special compositions (Kuang Shi, Traktor Mul, Puppetmaster & Bots) are currently not implemented and added randomly
    • Exclusive trooper (Sun Tze v1 & v2 etc.) can currently both be added
    • "Exclude Merc" flag can currently not exclude merc characters

As always please post any bug, feedback or feature requests here.

Thomas

Jumara, Abydog, Paegis and 5 others like this.
  3. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Wonderful stuff, thank you for your work!

When setting minimum number of units to 15 with Game Mode set to ITS Standard, I'm getting lists of 16/17 models etc. Is this correct? Is there a way of implementing a min and max number of models at the same time please?

Bazlord Prime likes this.
  4. Ieldin Soecr

Uploaded a small update:
    - Features
    - Added relation logic from Army7 data. This allows the resolution of more complex list restrictions:
    - Minimum unit selection -> Forces the inclusion of the minimum number of a specific unit if at least one is added (G:Jumper Proxies)
    - Unit restictions -> Units remove other units from the pool of possible profiles (Character V1 & V2, Dog Warrior & Cameronians)
    - Unit dependencies -> Units that are dependend on another unit are only added when the depended on unit is in the list (Kuang Shi, Puppetbots, Traktor Mul (Traktor Mul has an error in the current Army7 data so it will not work. Have to wait for CB to correct that))

Sorry that is with the current implementation not possible. Because of the randomness, in the picking process of the profiles in a list, I cannot guarante a specific number of units to be picked (You would often end with ether less profiles or with points left over).

Jumara, Abydog, Paegis and 4 others like this.
  5. Indrome

Indrome Member

6. Splod

Splod Well-Known Member

Hey, this is a cool little tool.
    One bug to look out for though; I keyed it up to pump out some Druze lists for me, and I noticed it adds a 0/0 pt Triphammer Pilot to every list I generate.

Abydog likes this.
  7. Nathonicus

Nathonicus Well-Known Member

Thank you! I was thinking about this the other day, and now here’s an update! I really enjoy this, especially for sectorials I don’t play all the time.

Abydog likes this.
  8. Ieldin Soecr

Hiho, yes I still try to update the tool and keep the army data up to date.

Corrected that. Seems to be a data error in the Army data that failed to set the correct option for the pilot profile.

9. Morganus

Morganus Evolved Emotional Intelligence

Hello, awesome stuff you got there!

A question, on the feature request side of things: would it be possible to add a re-generate button after the Generated Army List? I mean, in a way that it would be possible to tick checkboxes besides the item numbers of units in the Generated Army List, what to keep from the first run, and re-run the logfile, effectively making a second Generated Army List with exportable data. Would it be too much work to code such a second layer for this list generator? Thank you for your reply in advance and considering!

Robock likes this.
  10. Bazlord Prime

Bazlord Prime Member

@Ieldin Soecr I LOVE this! Thanks so much for your hard work putting it together and maintaining it. I can see a few bugs here and there, but honestly, I can just finess the list manually if needed, or re-click "Generate" if there's an issue. So much fun to look at a list and think "Now how the hell would I run THAT?!" ;-)

Agree with the older posts that it would be hilarious to run a tournament/game night using this generator for everyone. Has anyone ever done that?

11. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I love this, too. On my first run, however, the generated code gave a list without combat groups. 15 units in one group. Not a biflg deal, just wanted to mention it.

12. Ieldin Soecr

Thanks for the praise, happy that you like it. I just updated the tool with the data from the Blackwind update, so the new profiles are also in the unit pool.

That is intentional, as I assume that a player would want to change the group composition of the list and it is easier to code that way.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation