1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Model Range Identifier Sheets v2.2.2 (Status: 06/2023)

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by burlesford, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Do you think grouping the minis according to the fireteams is doable or does it perhaps create too much duplication?

burlesford likes this.
  2. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

That would mean a lot of duplicates, yeah.

3. Maybe not grouping the minis... but I think it is possible to put a mark of some kind (perhaps with different colors) to indicate which troops can be part of which Fireteam and which are Wildcards.

4. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

Keep it clean. Its main purpose(?) is to help beginners identify miniatures.

Maybe just mark Wildcards if that.

5. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

I'd add the respective Units' logos

Daniel Darko and burlesford like this.
  6. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

If you're the same guy as the one who suggested this on reddit: I've already decided to do that :)

If not: Great minds think alike ;)

Daniel Darko likes this.
  7. Tristan228

Warcor

No, I'm the one who told Zlakhon to tell you about that suggestion last year :P

burlesford likes this.
  8. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Here's a test with some of the community suggestions worked in:
    • Unit logos and AVA worked in
    • Exclusives made more intuitive
    Does this look good?
    [​IMG]

9. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

It is awesome.

10. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I want to discuss one more point.

I'm actually not sure if I'm gonna keep AVA in there. First, it puts even more information on an even pretty full sheet, and secondly, it might confuse newbies (who these sheets are for) into thinking that's how many minis you NEED from this unit, which AVA is a very poor indicator for.

What do you think?

11. Tristan228

Warcor

It looks very good!
    Maybe make the logos a bit bigger? Haqq is a perfect example of very similar coloured logos and in the size it is displayed on default here they can be confusingly similar. Now just imagine Morats.
    The same applies to the "T" and the cross for TAG Raid and OOP
    I don't think that paticular informtion is really needed but then on the other hand, if said newbie sees nine miniatures without an AVA that newbie might think all nine models are needed. Maybe a disclaimer somewhere that informs about lower or higher AVA than displayed Models will suffice.

#71 Tristan228, Apr 19, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    burlesford and Daniel Darko like this.
  12. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

Looks great. AVA isn’t really necessary and it this case less is probably more. On the other hand it can serve as a sort of “to-buy” list and instead of AVA you can just write MAX.

burlesford and Romansky like this.
  13. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Looks fantastic!

My ideas:
    Logos bigger - that is the critical information, that ties all together - Army6 and gaming table.

AVA is another approach - and too much for my taste. IF there is space to be filled, I would appreciate tactical data like who can be Lt or hidden deployed or holomasked etc. But actually I don't mind this chart to be of pure visuell information (logos and miniatures).

The chart is not in a void. Beginners will understand infinity without it, it just makes the game more accessable. No need for any disclaimers. The gaming communities will introduce new players to this tool and will help them to understand the content.

Thank you for your support!

burlesford, Romansky and jherazob like this.
  14. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Yeah, but if said newbie sees AVA TOTAL on the Ghulams they'll think they'll actually need all the Ghulams (or 5 Intruders etc.) :P

Not really, since a lot of AVAs don't reflect how many minis of a unit actually see the table. I've never seen anyone field 5 Hellcats, 3 Aquila Guards or 4 Liu Xings, and newbies might think that's how much you actually want.

This.
    I've already changed the size of the logos to more than double their size, but will cut out AVA again. I'll make the asterisks bigger too.

Daniel Darko and Tristan228 like this.
  15. Romansky

Romansky Shadowrunner

I like the idea to keep Focus on finding and identifying a model from army builder! So that casual and noob players are able to get a picture of the units they choose in the army builder or so that you can get a good overview how different factions and units look like in their visual design.

So any additional information (which also would be available via army builder) is leaving this lean and focused idea in my opinion - but i guess this is what burlesford already said ;)

burlesford, Abrilete and Daniel Darko like this.
  16. Romansky

Romansky Shadowrunner

@burlesford - by the way will you post the updates in an aditional post in this one? Or is there any link (dropbox, googledrive, younameit)?
    Thanks!

burlesford likes this.
  17. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I'll make another post here, similar to the last one. I don't want to overwrite the previous versions, as they're helpful for seeing the evolution of the factions I think.

This time, however, instead of posting them all at once, I'll add them to the post one at a time, since it'll take me a long time to update them all. I'll start with the ones that received the most changes and add the rest later.

Romansky and Abrilete like this.
  18. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

You might benefit from a Google Drive link or something too. Then you can keep the versions in different folders and all that. Just a thought.

Daniel Darko, Romansky and Abrilete like this.
  19. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

#79 burlesford, Apr 21, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  20. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Beautiful! Very good!

burlesford likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation