1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Securitate Fire team (venting/comment)

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by freefall357, Apr 13, 2022.

1. freefall357

freefall357 Active Member

HOLDUP!
    Securitate can form a PURE fire team with Perseus (trojan horse Aleph plant that Tunguska happily brings on it's most secret operations) but not with Jelena Kovac, drill instructor that teaches Securitate how to do their job?!?!

I hope I am not understanding the fire team chart or something.

2. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Jelena Kovac is a Wildcard but the (Securitate) behind her name indicates that she still grants all the bonuses for the Securitate Fireteam.

3. freefall357

Ah, right!
    Ok, so only Perseus, Aleph Trojan Horse, is an issue.
    Cool cool

4. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Just a quick one - what do you mean "is an issue"? Perseus FTO and Jelena, as far as I can see, both grant all bonuses since they have "(Securitate)" next to their name - or did you mean 'only Grenzer is an issue' ? :D

chromedog likes this.
  5. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

To me, it still works Fluffwise. I like to believe that the Black Hand left something in Perseus during his "evaluation" that ensures his loyalty.

6. Gwaernydd

Gwaernydd Well-Known Member

I guess he meant fluffwise, as there are lots of fireteams who would make complete sense to be able to work seamlessly together but are not pure links, then there is percy, the total foreign body who for some reason apparently blends into securitate like a lifelong brother in arms..

infyrana likes this.
  7. freefall357

Yeah, more or less that.

Bear in mind that I come from 40k and give hate to anything I see as a step towards groups of units making an army with ablative wounds covering for some single big gun...so I am biased and that Ng fireteams as a whole could have been done better.
    Back to Percy:
    I get it, he is super OP and just so great he can pull that off...because reasons...but it just doesn't fit the "fireteams are SUPER tight brothers-in-arms that can instinctually function together" (as the early intention seemed to be).
    I was US Army and when you work, play, train with the same group of guys for years, you can almost go nonverbal and still keep everything flowing smooth. You can also talk in code based off shared experiences that CAN'T be understood by an outsider. If some random Ranger or, in the case of Percy...as it would fit modern geopolitical times...friggin Spetsnaz guy joined us, yeah we could mesh and work together on a very high level....but they are not part of our core team and would take years to integrate to THAT level.

Maybe I read too much into fireteams "lore". Having friends around makes your sniper rifle shoot faster....so...whatever.

Vanilla4Life!

8. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

Wait!?

Perseus is super over powered????

Nothing in this game works as ablative wounds, well other than symbiomates in Tohaa...

9. joedj

joedj Member

Puppetactica boss says 'What?!'. :smile:

Robock likes this.
  10. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

@freefall357
    Mixed fireteams used to be very rare, and obviously that's gone away a bit in the last couple of editions. We're definitely seeing it come back a bit though with the recent link changes... It's pretty rare for someone like a named character to Count As the fireteam they attach themselves to. Obviously game balance is at the heart of that topic, but some of the choices are driven by lore. I don't think elite characters in fireteams is nearly such a big deal as in other systems, mostly because there's nothing "ablative" about losing Regular orders and fireteam bonuses with each casualty. You can definitely use a full fireteam to charge up Perseus' stats, but you're paying minimum 52 points to achieve that, more than doubling Perseus' base cost. I think it's a pretty fair trade off.

For link bonuses, like a sniper rifle shooting faster, the explanation is a bit more abstract. For something like +1 Burst on weapons, I imagine that the rest of the team could be contributing firepower (reflected as +1 Burst for simplicity sake), or acting as spotters/observers helping to set the trigger puller up for success. It doesn't mean that the cyclic rate on that Sniper Rifle alters, but more like the Link Leader can acquire, aim, and put firepower on target more efficiently than if he were operating solo.

csjarrat, Arkiemon, chromedog and 3 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation