1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanity check - Daofei CCW

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Knauf, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Hi everyone,

I need your opinion on something. I have the two N3/N4 Daofei here, but I'm not super happy with the fact that both sculpts feature swords so prominently. It just seems wrong considering they are a fairly mediocre CC combatant in their current iteration. For the Beyond Red Veil sculpt, the sword also significantly increases the models footprint, which sometimes leads to problems positioning it on the gaming table.

Now, my idea is to replace the swords with something like a Karambit knife. This would decrease the emphasis on CC a bit and also make the BRV sculpt easier to use. On the other hand, the sculpts themselves are pretty nice the way they are and removing the blades would be irreversible, so I have to make a decision here.

What would you do in my position and do you have any hope that Daofei will at some point get CC rules that do their sculps justice?

2. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

You cold try to reposition the arm using a bit of putty / greenstuff. This way you could lessen the extent that the sword / rifle sticks out and not modify the original pieces of the model. Therefore, can always be reverted back for future buyers if you ever sell.

Alternatively, do an arm swap and make a note of it.

Knauf likes this.
  3. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

DaoFei will never* git gud at CC.

Knauf likes this.
  4. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

You could also just clip the sword or the hand off and replace it with a 3D printed one if you know someone with a 3D printer or do own one yourself. Depending of where in the world you are located I might be able to print you a armored fist if you were interested. I could also provide you with the STLs for either LI, MI or HI hands if you want.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation