1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WARCROW] The new fantasy universe by Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773 Rogue AI
    Warcor

But anyway, all that could be another thread not in the Warcrow section, making me think we've got new info, or new hypotheses.

The NPC interaction mentioned was for the Dungeon Crawler. The other thing mentioned that caught my ear was that activations weren't going to be tied to the number of troopers you brought. That's exciting.

I'm really curious to see what kind of mechanics they come up with. I hope there's still ARO/always interacting mechanic. It doesn't have to be infinity, but i really like how that keeps players engaged.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

The board game could be completely different rules from the war game though. I agree about ARO. It's one the things love.

3. Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773 Rogue AI
    Warcor

I thought Bos said the DC and wargame would use the same system/mechanics. He definitely said they'd be compatible... I interpreted that as that they would share mechanics. If the DC is available at retail and they use the same mechanics, it's basically CodeOne for Warcrow.

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I was there at Adepticon and frankly he didn't seem to sure about much. He's not working on that game. I didn't have a chance to ask more later on.

Cervantes3773 likes this.
  5. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I'm sure the dice at least will work from the Dungeon Crawler, and I'd expect the basic hit systems to be the same. Like Defiance vs Aristeia or TAGRaid vs Infinity. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out, but I'm hoping for some nice scenery, if no ARO's, then at least some system to keep interaction rather than waiting while you die.

Also, I hope if they do an RPG for the game, they don't use Modophius again. The InfinityRPG has some nice stuff to it, but so many errors and problems it's a bit embarassing.

Cervantes3773 likes this.
  6. Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773 Rogue AI
    Warcor

I could forgive a lot of the Infinity RPG's problems if it were just one step less complex and the books were laid out better...

7. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Some plastic cements will join ABS, others will do poorly or not at all. What is more, mixing plastic types (attach ABS to acrylic, eg) requires specially formulated cements too. Some people are finding out when trying to glue models to bases. It seems to be directly related to how nasty the ingredients are, otherwise not many reasons to have PS-only cements.

Dragonstriker and toadchild like this.
  8. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

A new video is coming in about 70 minutes.

9. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the heads up

10. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

I think that they had at least underlined from 4 to 6 "Main Factions" of War Crow. . .

Probably some heavily themed (Magic + Physique -; Better Melee / Poorer Ranged; vice-versa and so on); anyone of us that played many "GW-Alternate Fantasy Wargames" (let's not dwell too much on how many money I wasted on Confrontation; ESPECIALLY "Hybrid Boxed Set" to be reused as "Scorpion Of Dirz" Troops) with own flavour of preferences. . .

Both about "Rules Crunch" and "Faction Background" what is that many of You feel that was never represented enough in Warhammer nor in other "Big" Fantasy-Wargames (Warmachine + Hordes, Confrontation, D&D Wargame, etc) and that would You love to have in War-Crow. . .??

Also, should something of this "Dreamed Stuff" not present in the earliest instances of the Games, would You like more it done in a "New Faction" or in a "Sub Faction Manner" (linking to the above idea, Panoceania is not what You think is "Melee Centric" unless You build a Knights Heavy List; even is a little riductive this idea). . . . .???

11. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Hello!

Let me introduce you the new video series dedicated to bring you the news related to the Warcrow Universe.

Welcome to Whispers of Lindwurm:

12. Frodos

Frodos Active Member

English version is only one with disabled dislikes and not very appropriate tag. I hope they meant dwarf or halfling. (In esp version they used #Enanos tag - which most commonly translate to Dwarf)
    upload_2022-4-5_12-33-5.png

13. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Fixed that translation to dwarf, was not intended to offense anyone :)

And the dislikes, I can see the downvote button working :/

14. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Both videos have dislikes enabled.

15. Rejnhard

Rejnhard Well-Known Member

The larp-y intro was a bit cringey (though I am a man easily cringed) but maybe corvus belli is trying to seem down to earth and relatable to average nerd? ;)

Still interested.

Races corfirmed: Elves, dwarves, orcs, Gwarank (sp?) - CB's original

Faction teasers
    "Hold on to what they know" - Elves?
    "Fight for what they believe in" - the "religious faction"; humans, orcs?
    "Unravel mysteries surrounding them" - no clue, maybe the "Gwarank"
    "protect their heritage" sounds like dwarves, maybe orcs
    "stride towards their destiny" sounds very human-y and tech-y, Cygnar?

Intresting tidbit: "this a world where magic has reappeared". Sounds Earthdawny

Abrilete likes this.
  16. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Varank is the name ;)

RolandTHTG and Rejnhard like this.
  17. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

My guesses:
    "Hold on to what they know" - Orcs
    "Fight for what they believe in" - Humans
    "Unravel mysteries surrounding them" - Elves
    "protect their heritage" Dwarves
    "stride towards their destiny" - Varank

chaos11 and Abrilete like this.
  18. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yeah, "fantasy world where magic has reappeared", "elves and dwarves and orcs and something else that we just made up".

Why am I being sold Earthdawn the Wargame again?

19. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

I loved it. It is always great to see people and especially companies that do not take themselves serious within the hobby. There’s way too much of that stuff going on as it is.

I really liked the Ravens on a string. Corny but in a good way.

Can’t really say anything about the game except that I look forward to upcoming teases and trailers and to explore a new setting from CB.

20. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Reading a book called The Blacktongue Thief that happens to include some badass "war corvids". Obviously a coincidence, but if Corvus Belli decides to include some massive, horse-size ravens that spring from tattoos people wear on their chests, I'm all for it.

(Book is really good, by the way).

Wizzy and bladerunner_35 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation