1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seed Soldier models?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by jake richmond, Apr 1, 2022.

1. jake richmond

jake richmond Well-Known Member

I've come back to painting my Shasvastii, and I've been looking for models to add to my force. I could have swore a box of seed Soldiers ad been released, but I can't find them anywhere. Only the single one. Am I just imagining this? Did the box go out of print? Were they a Defiance only produt for some reason?

2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Defiance only, sadly

[​IMG]

chaos11 and jake richmond like this.
  3. jake richmond

Thanks.

Sigh.

chaos11 likes this.
  4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The only general release Seed Soldier is this blister:

[​IMG]

5. jake richmond

I did notice that.

So was the idea that we'd only ever want 1? Or do they expect that everyone who wanted more than 1 got Defiance, and there's now no demand for them?

Its frustrating.

6. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Expectation is probably Seed soldiers spend their game time as a camo marker until somebody decides to bring them out and murder them, at which point they can be recycled for the next seed soldier.

jake richmond, Lesh' and burlesford like this.
  7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Of note is Defiance Seed Soldiers are all Combi rifle and Grenade Launcher (and pistol) the only generic Seed Soldier released is the one from the regular line.

I use the pistol one for the Paramedic option.

jake richmond likes this.
  8. jake richmond

I'm as interested in having these to paint as to play, so its disappointing to me they didn't get a general release.

I know Seed Soldiers don't really fill the line infantry role like they used to, but it seems weird to just have access to 1 model.

Do we think that more will eventually be released? There's not really enough profiles to do a full box. So maybe another blister? Or as part of another 3 model box? or should I just accept that I need to hunt for these on ebay and pay way too much for them?

As a side note, I'm again really disappointed I had to cancel my Defiance pledge because of medical issues.

#8 jake richmond, Apr 2, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

If, it has not happened yet, there will be a few copies to be sold once all backer got theirs if any spare is left.

10. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I would say it's not impossible for more to show up, but I imagine that Morats are going to take up all the Combined Army release slots for the foreseeable future.

Lesh' and jake richmond like this.
  11. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I kinda think there were a lot of cool sculpts 'wasted' in Defiance. I couldn't justify spending the price for the game but I'd definitely have got a lot of the models had they been released properly.

jake richmond and toadchild like this.
  12. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

A lot of people got Defiance just to split the models and sell them separately. I managed to get all the Defiance Shas second-hand thanks to this. But I definitely agree that this shouldn't be the way crucial models are being released.

toadchild and chaos11 like this.
  13. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

That's actually a part of why I'm skipping TAG Raid. I was pretty disappointed in how the standalone aspects of Defiance-as-a-boardgame ended up in many cases, and I don't want to support one-off kickstarters as a way of getting models. There were some models where the general release version actually arrived sooner than people (in some parts of the world) were getting their Defiance boxes, so if I end up wanting/needing Triphammer, Prospector, etc models, I'll just pick them up later.

Ariwch likes this.
  14. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

The great thing about Seed-soldiers is that if you have extra Nox and a bit of greenstuff, you have Seed-soldiers.

Stiopa and chromedog like this.
  15. jake richmond

While that is true, I have a limited amount of hobby time and no sculpting skills.

16. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I think the issue is that Seed Soldiers aren't in Code One, and their importance as troopers got reduced greatly with the introduction of the Nox, Jayth and Tensho so they haven't been prioritized in the release schedule. :(

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation