1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gators

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Tourniquet, Mar 21, 2022.

1. SpectralOwl

The removal of the E/Mitter from that one Akal profile is less baffling now- it would inconvenience the Nomads.

The absence of Courage is weird to me, actually- Courage is probably the closest thing Corregidor have had to a signature skill while I've been playing. If Corregidor weren't already oversupplied with indirect board control to the point of parody I'd call it a fair weakness, since it will be hard to hold ground with the Gator, but it's going to be a real pain to actually kill.

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I think it's more the paying Infantry discount on NCO whereas every other TAG including Pan-O get to pay the full price in a faction that's supposed to have very limited access to NCO type skills.

Stiopa and Hecaton like this.
  3. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

My prediction: it's going to need to take a points bump in its first year. -3 hacking is a huge deal ime, as someone who runs the Squalo all the time (and that -3 is one of the main reasons for me favouring the Squalo), as it stacks with fairydust, making it the only type of unit in the game that can inflict -6 to hacking rolls.

What's concerning about it to me is that it's coming to an already-strong sectorial whose strength is despite the fact that it doesn't already have a great mainline battle tag. This is a new dimension to CJC, and because they're probably the strongest hacking faction in Infinity, it's going to slot in very effectively. Also, pour one out for the 30pt Wildcat NCO; we hardly knew you.

Not sure about all this, hope I'm wrong. Love the design though!

Hecaton and Golem2God like this.
  4. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

I don't want to be that guy but well, actually...

RIOT GRRL Boarding Shotgun ( | TinBot: Firewall [-6]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 29)
    MOBILE BRIGADA Boarding Shotgun ( | TinBot: Firewall [-6]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 34)

Nomads alone have access to two units imposing a -6 MOD to hacking (not on their TAGs in Vanilla though) and also Yu Jing has access to those TinBots

I guess the (imaginary!) 13 year old forgot that NBW doesn't automatically bring Courage :smile:

#44 Tristan228, Mar 24, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  5. Time Bandit

Oh yeah my mistake, I misremembered, thanks Tristan. Tinbot -6 gives a -6 mod to the attack roll but only -3 to damage. I had it the other way round. Effectively fairdust stacks on the gator to mimic Tinbot -6 on a tag.

Tristan228 likes this.
  6. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

And you know, Iguana already has the ECM: Hacker (-3), which is not a big deal since the TAG itself has a reputation equal to a paperweight.

But Gators do CC quite well, shoot MULTI HMG quite nice, have awesome combination of gears and skills. It has no noticable 'weaknesses' like Iguana. Maybe that's what makes ECM on the Gator outstand even more.

Golem2God and Time Bandit like this.
  7. Time Bandit

The Iggy, ah the poor Iggy! :D I'd love it so much more if it had a normal pilot and S3, and shaved a few points.

Savnock and Ugin like this.
  8. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Is that some sick joke?

9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Gator not having CC-3 skill is correct.

Tristan228 and Knauf like this.
  10. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

:joy::sweat::joy::sweat:

11. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

The Iguana was never relevant, it has been trash since it was introduced. The Gator coming out has only made things worse for the Iguana.

Golem2God and Tourniquet like this.
  12. Time Bandit

Yeah I don't think AVA2 is quite the fix everyone was lookng for! :D Honestly looking like I'm gonna strip my Iggy now and repurpose it as a Spiral Corp Anaconda. Still a great model, after all!

Golem2God and Savnock like this.
  13. joedj

joedj Member

May be one of the few fans of the ol' Lizard sculpt, distinct. Gator drawing looks a bit more, expected.
    More and more TAGs have a similar look. Perhaps paint ONE fielding the ubiquitous giant gun in hand, proxy for any of em? :smile:

Gator rules provide distinction and use in faction. That's appreciated!

14. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

When ever a New box comes for a completely different sectorial, somehow nomads gets more New toys and gets stronger. I am out of words for this situation and get really tired.

15. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

In N2, you could distinguish the nomad sectorials easily.
    Corregidor was a smashing sectorial without any infiltrators and good hackers at all but still a good army with intruder, smokes, hellcats, tomcats and good links. I was taking alguacil hacker in a link and thinking about Valery gromoz sometimes and hellcats maybe.

Then came bandit. I Said this was good for corregidor spirit. Poor wip specilalist with handy skills.

Now... They get lots of things.
    Best hacker in town. Vostok. Many others. Karlota became van zant. Now a perfect tag and a needless anotheer close combat mini. Evaders, sombras. Etc

I cant distinguish sectorials of nomads from each other anymore.

Nomads became a vanilla mass with completely mostly unused profiles.

Hecaton, Golem2God and Lucian like this.
  16. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

wildcard vostok is in all three, and arguably better in the other two.

Sure you can, there's the massively overtuned one, the somewhat good one and the pile of burning month old trash one.

Hecaton, WiT?, dhellfox and 1 other person like this.
  17. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Forgive me since I don't get chance to play... which one is Tunguska at this moment? Not that it really matters, the models look good and that's what counts at this time :D

18. mrmojorisin

mrmojorisin New Member

I am pretty sure that the current ranking concerning sectorials is Corregidor > Tunguska > Bakunin.

Golem2God, Tourniquet and infyrana like this.
  19. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

I have been buying all of the exclusive CJC minis just in case I decide to go full on CJC and I’m glad my gamble paid off!

When I was playing WM&H I swore someone high up the chain loved Kahdor and Cryx, because they got EVERYTHING. I feel like it’s the same thing going on here.

I opened up the app to check up on my favorite section faction sectorial when I was like, “WTF?! Four new profiles?! They already have so much to choose from this bias is becoming waaaay to obvious.”

But hey, at least I finally get to enjoy the positive bias for once. I bet you guys will get all four new profiles in your hand than I will for my faction. I’ve been waiting since N4 dropped for three figures and I still do t have them.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that I would put Tunguska as better than Bakunin. Sure TJC has puppets, and some bug guns but BJC has a lot more game.

Savnock likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation