1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of quirky fireteam questions

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Vanderbane, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

I make a Corregidor “Correctional” fireteams of 3 Lobos, a Diablo, and a Daktari. The Diablo dies in an unfortunate lead poisoning incident, leaving a 4-unit fireteam intact. Does this team get 4-unit compositional bonuses?

Y: The team meets the legal requirements for a Corregidor “Corregidor” fireteam as well - with the Lobos and the Daktari counting as Alguacils.

N: It remains a “Correctional” fire team, and there the Lobo are tagged “Correctional” but not “Alguacil” - if you want the composition bonus, it needs to reform (which means it needs an actual Alguacil (or I guess a wildcat/evader/brigada who later leaves the fireteam).

I guess another way of putting the question is do you make a core fireteam that follows a set of rules to be valid, or do you make a “correctional” core fireteam that defines its ruleset to the exclusion of others? Another similar circumstance could happen with Morats that want to gain the “Tarlok” bonus.

I make a 5-man “White Banner” fireteam consisting of 2 Jujak, Qiang Hao, a Shang Ji, and a Ye Mao. The Ye Mao dies in an unfortunate lead poisoning incident, leaving a 4-unit fireteam intact. Does this team get 4-unit compositional bonuses?

Y: The team meets the legal requirements for a “White Banner” fireteam still - the compositional bonus goes into effect at the end of the next coherency check for fireteam integrity at the resolution of the order (following the death of the Ye Mao).

N: The team meets the requirements, but the compositional bonus goes into effect during the coherency check for fireteam integrity at the time of next activation by Order or ARO

My gut says the fireteam integrity rules are pretty clear you check coherency and assign bonuses at the death of the Ye Mao, but it also says to check and assign at the start of the order, so just verifying we all agree (insofar as we all agreeing on the forums is a thing).

#1 Vanderbane, Mar 26, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I do not think you can change the type of fireteam you have created without spending a command token and recreating it.

3. Vanderbane

I think that seems reasonable - so it is a "correctional" core team, not just a core team, in your estimation. That seems sensible to me, but it's quirky that you could have two teams on the table (facing each other, obviously, for this example) with the same units in each but different bonuses.

4. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

It seems to work like prior fireteams in that you decide at fireteam creation what type and size of link it is, and subsequently you don’t have to check whether you continue to meet the formation requirements, since the team has already been formed. If the link breaks and you have to re-form it you check the formation requirements again.

Which set of composition bonuses you can claim seems to be distinct from fireteam creation requirements, and you check them per order based on the actual surviving members in the team at that time.

5. Vanderbane

cool. It'll take some practice to get used to stating what _kind_ of core or Haris you just made, given that there are several ways to get different bonuses for the same unit composition, but I think that works best.

look at that, agreement on the forums.

WarHound and toadchild like this.
  6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I think it would be good if the N4 rules annex had an explicit line to this effect under fireteam creation.

Vanderbane likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation