1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge (-3)

Discussion in 'Rules' started by TheDiceAbide, Mar 24, 2022.

1. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

So with the Rindak here, an old question seems to be coming back, as far as I could tell, it hasn't been answered yet (though I totally could have missed it). When a skill applies a negative mod, we know that is a negative mod to the opponent, when you declare that skill. So declaring Dodge with a Rindak, the enemy will suffer a -3 mod.

The question is, do negative modifiers require a F2F roll or not? Similar situations come up when you use CC Attack (-3) against a model using Berserk.

If it requires F2F, then using CC Attack (-6) does nothing to an opponent declaring a CC Attack using Berserk. If it doesn't require F2F then using Dodge (-3) can give the enemy a -3 mod to Spotlight you. Both of those feel weird for different reasons.

Ashtaroth likes this.
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I do not think the latter example is valid, but I may be wrong, I do not see how a dodge -3 would affect spotlight, the question in general is valid though.

4. TheDiceAbide

Warcor

Yeah, that's the trouble. The FAQ doesn't address F2F or not, only that the user declares the skill and applies the modifier to what the enemy does. So if I can legally declare Dodge, it should apply the -3, and if my opponent then declares Spotlight, that would be at -3 (at least from what it seems like in the rules), for the same reason CC Attack (-3) would cause an enemy using Berserk to be at -3. That's assuming a F2F roll is not required.

4f83d9a14f19daa76a245bcf974c8b62458175366dbadcfa993eaba4a982da74.png

Ashtaroth and Hecaton like this.
  5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I see its a good question.

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

The FAQ entry for MODs will be updated. I’m away from computer at the moment so can’t remember the exact wording, but roughly speaking any Skill with an added negative MOD only applies the MOD in Face to Face Rolls.

So the Rindak’s Dodge (-3) MOD kicks in when the Rindak Dodges, and applies to any enemies making Face to Face Rolls against the dodge.

Skills with a built-in negative MOD like Mimetism or Surprise Attack work as specified in their rules entries.

7. TheDiceAbide

Warcor

Awesome, thanks Ian! Just to be totally clear, that would also mean using CC Attack (-3) would have no effect on someone bypassing the F2F roll using Berserk, right?

Ashtaroth likes this.
  8. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation