1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May there be a new teaser please?

Discussion in 'News' started by colbrook, Mar 16, 2022.

1. McDevil

McDevil Well-Known Member

That Diablos guy looks like fella from cyberpunk2077. Kinda cool.

2. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

The ariadna reveals, my god. They're brilliant. Simply brilliant.

Exactly what I want from an ariadna tag, and the patchers look rad as hell. I'm going to have to paint one bright red and have the flamers on his arms.

[​IMG]

While I don't play them as much as face them, corregor going harder and harder into the exoskeleton/elysium look is a really cool direction for a rough and tumble militarized miner theme.

Those minis are going to be pretty rad, even if I have to envy them from the opposite end of the table. Maybe "recruit" a few as bounty hunter stand ins for my druze.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

No, it really isn't that expensive and Guijia isn't the only TAG the Gator's price and abilities makes a complete mockery of; Squalos, O-Yoroi and Raicho all compare really poorly to the Gator without cost or raw stats like ARM compensating for it. Also makes a complete mockery of the Iguana, not that this is hard to do, of course. Maybe they forgot Impetuous, who knows?
    I'm also really bothered by their decision to put this thing that's doing better what several factions are meant to be strong at in a faction that's meant to be really bad at stuff like NCO and other command skills (noting of course that it doesn't pay as much points or SWC extra as Squalos or Zeta does for it).

Golem2God, Lesh' and Dragonstriker like this.
  4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Squalo has better BS, better remote repair abilities, is remote presence, has courage, and a remote pilot admittedly no DTW for one more point, I am not sure if al these advantages of a fire platform warrant 3 more points and 0.5 SWC for the NCO option, but it does not look that far of.

Guijia is a closer match, disregarding CC in what is essentially a fire platform, it has a better DTW, courage and Superjump, is this worth 8 more points? I don't know maybe?

5. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Flamethrower is probably more expensive, but statistically speaking B2 Chainrifle is the more dangerous DTW for the same reason Double Action is almost always the better ammo type to use on a sniper.

You've also ignored that it has a Mine Dispenser on its weapon list and ECM -3 Hacking.

Lesh' likes this.
  6. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

"Disregarding all these abilities that are actually useful until the 2 units are similar, let's compare these units" sounds like an argument done in bad faith. I mean, disregarding Mimetic - 6, the Cutter is overpriced shit.

Chaserabinov likes this.
  7. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

At least it's an honest assessment.

8. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I did not mention close combat abilities in a unit that in my eyes is there to shoot, yes, they are useful if it enters close combat, but its main mission is not to be in close combat and shoot things.

Yes, they are there, I do not think I need to mention them for any intelligent reader, when I compare the firepower and survivability of a firing platform with another firing platform.

9. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Even if I'm not an intelligent reader, saying the CC abilities don't matter is disingenuous (at the very least they work as a deterrent), and still you also left the mine dispenser and anti hacking protection out, so yes, you are just cherry picking to argue in bad faith because what you are arguing is "if we leave out all the CC stuff plus the mine dispenser plus the hacking protection then maybe we can make a case about the Gator being balanced and not yet another example of CB cheating their own point system to deliver another Nomad abomination that encroachs into and surpasses what other factions are supossed to be doing"

#209 Benkei, Mar 24, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  10. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I agree with you Archon. It does seem that the Gator has too much for it's price tag. I say it need a raise in points prehaps to offset it.

Abrilete likes this.
  11. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

That is a good point. Who is going to take an Iguana now? Except in a sectorial outside of the Nomads.

12. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

ForCo don't want it either.

the iguana will continue to be used to proxy a lizard for BJC memes or to proxy the Gator until the actual mini drops.

Barsik and Golem2God like this.
  13. Triumph

It's paying the Infantry cost for NCO instead of the TAG ones which unfortunately is just giving @Hecaton free ammunition for his rants about blatant favouritism for fucking NOMADS certain factions.

Silas7, Dragonstriker and Abrilete like this.
  14. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

it's just absurd that CJC/Nomads get such TAG. They are already in a great place balance-wise, no need to buff them even further.

Space Ranger, Golem2God and Hecaton like this.
  15. Triumph

Silver lining is every Gator that winds up on the table ain't a fucking Vostok which suits me just fine.

16. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Note to self take two vostoks and a gator next week.

Chaserabinov and tox like this.
  17. Triumph

[​IMG]

Dragonstriker, Stiopa and Hecaton like this.
  18. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I mean it's not Nomads as a whole, technically. It's definitely not Bakunin.

Triumph and Golem2God like this.
  19. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Anyone took Iguana before? Really?

Golem2God likes this.
  20. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Not everyone values rules over minis and not everyone is playing competitively :)
    The Iguana is far from optimized but not unplayable. Nothing is in Infinity.
    That Gator is surely going to hurt him though. It's a shame, the mini and the concept (2W TAG + 2W HMG HI upon ejection) is dope.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation