1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My one wish for Morat redesign..

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by paraelix, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

New Rasyat is a clear loser here, and I'd like a little more... wrist. I'm also not a huge fan of the new Zerat. But everything else is looking solid, I like the move away from parachute pants and the much better defined Morat faces. I'd like to see a different paint scheme, but overall, I'm interested.

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I like the new Rasyat better than the N3 Rasyat, but the N2 Rasyat design is one of my all-time favorites, so it's hard for anything to beat it.

3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Literally all the new ones are inferior to the older ones.

One of the worst redesigns IMO

4. Iro

Iro Unidron, Dron, Dron, saca los cuernos al Sol~~

This Morat Redesign is what I was waiting since I play CA, due IMO Morat have got a Ariadnan like monkeys design.
    Now we can see a whole race of space onis (not monkeys) who actually have high tech, that was one of the biggest issues I found in their original design.

Im so pleased to this new design, cuz it has got rythm into their visuals. Perhaps the true problem of this is the colour selection...

DaRedOne and Hey Yella like this.
  5. Philamilapeed

Philamilapeed Totally not a Speculo

Vanguards and Rasyat are big losers in my books. Vanguards look goofy with their giant exposed arms and gaping mouths, and something about the Razyat is weird (I think the torso/shoulders are over-armoured and it makes it seem out-of-proportion with the rest of the body). New Zerat, Anyat, and the halberd Tyrok are all awesome in my opinion, and big improvements. New Raktorak is also pretty cool, but I definitely prefer the old aesthetic.

The rest of the new models are pretty cool as their own thing, and since they're mostly covered I don't think they'll look out of place with the old models.

6. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Well-Known Member

Once you've seen the pig faces located somewhere on the miniatures it can't be unseen. :slightly_smiling_face:

Think i prefer the old vanguard over the new ones (but the new faces does really look good) but the rest looks nice.

bladerunner_35 and Gromuk like this.
  7. Gromuk

Gromuk Member

I'm getting used to them somewhat.

The three new guys look quite nice imo but the rasyat i find hard to get behind.

He looks more like a HI then a MI imo.

Kyosot looks different from the rest, even the morat logo looks "unmorat like", could they be mercenaries kinda like the krakots

8. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Ooof. That really makes the new stuff look mediocre. One thing that is not captured though is size - the old Zerat looks great for instance, but its pretty small while I imagine the new one is a better scale.

The only one that is a strict downgrade IMO is the Rasyat, there are arguments for all the others but at least until I see that guy in person he definitely looks worse than the new one. Would make a good Taryot though since he looks so robotic. (Also agree with TC that the 2nd ed one is best!)

These new morats remind me of the big Combined Army rework of drones and Aspects etc. Was not a fan of that. Old drones were a lynchpin of getting me into the game, old charontid HMG was boss, even old Avatar was solid and if I didn't have a Caskuda I would have grabbed one.

9. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Really weird choice. They could have just resculpted the last couple of analogue n2 bits and left them. The n3 style was cool and solid across the range. O don't get why these guys got a good range resculpted when there are old mothballed and semi mothballed factions in much greater need

Lesh' likes this.
  10. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Not sure I've seen (or want to see) the 'pig' faces yet, but the Raktorak (with the paint job) is sporting a little mouse head :D Unsure on what's going on with the Dartoks eye-piece though.

However, I'm really not looking forward to how the female morats actually look behind their masks. One of the art images in the videos for Anyat shows her toothy mouth, all spikes and much narrower than the smiling vanguard hehe.

11. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Then avoid a close look at the Dartoks kneepads:see_no_evil:

12. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Fatal ... >:-O

13. Gromuk

Gromuk Member

i'm hoping the rework/ new profiles aren't that disapointing :)

Lesh' likes this.
  14. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

The faces on the Vanguard are just so bad :(

Philamilapeed likes this.
  15. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

Now that I've seen more images and the renders they've grown on me a bit with the exception of the Vanguard which I still don't like however I'll just keep using my old ones.
    I think I'll get the box as even if i don't use the new Vanguard it'll still likely be cheaper than getting stuff separately.

16. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I think the negativity in this post is off the charts.

We made a lot of monkey jokes with morats, but they were always meant to be 'oni', not 'monke'. And I really, really dig the redesign. I do agree on the hands for the vanguards looking weird, but I like everything else.

Bulky rasyat is pretty cool. I like it way more than the slender drop droopers of the human sphere. Although he does look way more armored than the ARM2 profile we have.

The ladies all have massive arms and look like they've been hitting the gym and eating their whey. Me. Gusta. Anyat's rictus grin is pretty badass and I hope she gets buffed to match that much more dynamic, properly agressive model (I mean, that pose with the raised blade? I love it!).

Kyosot is lowkey my second favorite so far. Depending on his stats he might become my favorite. I love the looks, he looks like a lightly armored exoesqueleton unit, which if it's true it might be something I've been raring to see in MAF for quite a while.

The only one I dislike is the Kaitok. The four armed look doesn't do it for me and the idea he needs those massive arms for a pair of chainrifles is just silly. It might turn out to have an awesome profile though. Who knows.

All in all, as a veteran MAF player I like and welcome the changes. Especially the full face, enclosed helmets. As much as I like helmetless dudes and dudettes, this change gives each profile a better silhouette and makes them easier to identify, while before it was basically 'monke, but with more armor' until you got to the HI ones.

17. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I believe the dossier they showed today made those two long weapons out to be HRLs.
    Then again, they don't quite look like the concept... wait and see, I guess.

DaRedOne likes this.
  18. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

@DaRedOne Preach brother!

The awesomeness of this release is off the charts my dudes!

Sure there are nitpicks here and there but we’re given a lot of love. Out off left field. With very little warning.

I feel like a child at Christmas!

Altner, Morray, Metal730 and 2 others like this.
  19. Philamilapeed

Philamilapeed Totally not a Speculo

Kyosot isn't even lowkey for me, I absolutely adore this model. The whole thing is super over-the-top: giant impractical sword, skull iconography, even the name "Killing Platoon". It's awesome. I really hope the model lives up to that and it's a hyper-charged murder machine.

20. Jam800

Jam800 Well-Known Member

I have to say I was initially on the fence about the redesign.

Some of this was partly down to feeling a little salty that the entire Morat range is getting an update and some was down to the initial photos not doing the minis justice.

That said looking at things a bit more pragmatically, it makes sense to beef both male and female morats up from a background perspective. Some of the Morat troops are/were in need of an update more than others and which those models are, are likely down to a matter of personal opinion but by updating one model you almost end up needing to refresh an entire line by default.

Once I saw the OnTableTop vid with up close shots of the minis, my opinion changed. Think the new paint scheme makes everything look a little too busy (coincidentally i thought the same whem MO got released last year but have since grown to really like these models).

I'm loving the new troop types and look forward to seeing their profiles. I'm also excited to see what other changes are made to the army composition as a whole.

The new fireteam rules may add a new dynamic to all sectorials, so all-in-all this is going to be an interesting week!

DaRedOne and Metal730 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation