1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fireteam changes incoming

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Hachiman Taro, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Dragonstriker likes this.
  2. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I believe since sectorials lack diversity and pure fireteams lack it even more that the right course of action for a pure fireteam would be to give it the most bonuses. Both in deadlines and in toolboxiness, where the mixed fireteam really depends on what team you're talking about. JSA for example:

A Karakuri Haris is fairly toolboxy already. And to a degree so is a Domaru core, but even though Domaru are on the cheaper side and Karakuri already got good skills and equipment you're still gonna want to bring Oda and a Kempeitai. One has loads of utility and the other is specific and subjective. But, if mixed teams lose 6S, well then the Kempeitai gains value but do you really want it on ARO duty... likewise. Also, there is no pure fireteam option for Tanko or Daiyokai so we can only hope CB states "__ is considered as __". So CB will most likely have more responsibility not picking the bonuses but what combinations of troops are considered for pure and mixed... if Daiyokai, Domaru and Tanko do get considered the pure together, they are all still, really similar. Does this mean they would get 6S and some other toolbox skills? What other skills or equipment or weapons could CB give to a pure team that doesnt step on the toes of pure teams that might already have a skill, looking at you Odalisques. Perhaps we will get to choose or perhaps CB will make it faction specific. I wouldnt mind a Domaru or Tanko Paramedic option along with 6S and a TinBot and BS bonuses for their pure team.

Just food for thought in how CB could try to not mess this up...

#402 wuji, Feb 3, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  3. SpectralOwl

Victoria Bitter rarely messes up Infinity in any way, in fact I have heard it is a quite pleasant beer.

4. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Typo for CB...

5. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Not the best, but not the worst.
    That’s Fosters.

Gwynbleidd and chromedog like this.
  6. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

For Aussie, beers, yeah.
    The US trumps us when it comes to shit foamy stuff, though. :D Fosters is like an angel crying on your tongue compared to Bud.

7. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Pretty sure there are more american micro brews that take the cake.

8. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I don't even like beer, but Infinity is a game made by people from Galicia, so... "Estrella Galicia".

EDIT: And definitely not "Cruzcampo".

9. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

I guess purefireteams Will be stronger than mixed ones.
    Here, lets say counts as alguacil or can join fireteams Will now have a huge difference.
    I like that if happens

Knauf and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

No room for nuance.

11. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

What is the timeline for updated Fireteam rules ?

12. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

TBA

eciu likes this.
  13. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Pureteams :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Angry Clown likes this.
  14. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Sometime between now and the end of time.

Probably.

15. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Some time this year but nothing set in stone yet as far as we know

eciu likes this.
  16. Cranky Old Man

Cranky Old Man Well-Known Member

As is I think sixth sense is far too powerful. A linked missile launcher shooting through smoke with no negatives, feels real bad when you are at a negative with MSV1. Also the whole msv2 multi sniper in core link is so very powerful. Sure there are ways to mitigate it but its a real pain and can become a negative play experience.

17. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Always worth remembering though that vanilla outperforms sectoral in ITS data as discussed much further upthread.
    Changing link teams will have major and wide changing effect on the games, it's effectively a major rebalance. Be careful what you wish for lol

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Is it actually desirable to have game balance designed around a customized "super weapon" style bonus, though? Just because vanilla is outperforming sectorials doesn't mean it's not a negative experience for other sectorials. Instead what I've found as I'm playing almost exclusively sectorials is that it... it doesn't invalidate sectorials, but it makes a bunch of sectorials significantly less able to handle other sectorials because of the requirements to engage the opponent at an advantage.

Sectorials underperforming isn't a generally true statement, either, as it only works if you let the average drag down the best sectorials. I'd also argue that the best sectorials don't really rely on sixth sense in the same way as the weaker sectorials do.

Dragonstriker and Elric of Grans like this.
  19. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Isnt the point to make every army equally viable against every other army? We want rock paper scissor match ups between models, not armies, right?

I thought about the possibility of fireteams not getting bonuses other than movement and Corvus Belli handing out more B, Damage, Marksmanship, Discover, weapon availability etc so fireteams dont need bonuses. This was originally Mahtamori's idea too, talking about sectorial specific profiles. I actually think that is the right way to go so the error prone fireteam bonus calculations can be done away with.

csjarrat likes this.
  20. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Edit, basically said the same thing as above.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation