1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAQ 1.2 News

Discussion in 'Rules' started by ijw, Feb 2, 2022.

1. SerPorter

SerPorter Member

I am realtivly new to the game and i didnt know you until now but toxic (personal) behavior is a no go, sadly the Forum of this Game is not the only place in the internet where such things are happening, i hoped the Infinity community is more polite and mature in their behavior than in some other (game) communitys.

please keep us informend and transparend about every possible change int the rules, and give a fuck about the haters! :D:

chromedog likes this.
  2. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

MSV troopers are still affected by White Noise.

chromedog likes this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

While a linked Haidao is allergic to the common HMG, White Noise will only allow you to avoid being shot at, it won't help you remove the Haidao directly.

Rules clarification request: the rules for Decoy, Holoech and anything else that depend on Coherency say you "can" do a coherency check during deployment. Will this remain optional or should this coherency check be mandatory going forward?

4. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

Hi!!!

I'm just writing this to tell you that I didn't run away. I wish I could run. I'm on medical leave due to a herniated disc that is killing me with pain. And believe me it is horrible pain. The first week I couldn't get out of bed, now I've got better and I can get out of bed. But I can't sit for more than 5 minutes without the pain making my back and right leg burn with pain, wishing cut my leg off XD . I know this medical leave has not coincided well at all. I'm sorry. In my moments of lucidity, because I'm high with painkillers and drugs, I try continue working with the rules team. That's why I thank @ijw for coming out of the shadows to give me a hand to answer some of your questions.
    So, I know we are a great community, that's why I ask you for patience and respect in the forums and social media.

I am doing my best to come back as soon as possible, so we can solve all those doubts and enjoy our favorite game.

I thought about recording a video, but between that the shot from the bed did not favor me, I have not gone through hairdresser and makeup, plus my bewilderment do not make me the best speaker, so I preferred to write it. In addition, I don't look divine and it's meme fodder for the gossip magazines.

Love you guys and I can't wait to come. back.

#64 HellLois, Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  5. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

@HellLois I fully sympathise with back pain, I wish you the very best for your recovery.

6. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

Infinity gossip magazines are all about the rules these days and not enough about people's feelings :)

Take it easy, don't worry about the forums. We'll be okay but looking forward to your full recovery.

Vaul

7. SerPorter

SerPorter Member

hopefully you'll feel better soon, stay brave!

8. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused on this one. What part of the standard MSV1 rules turn smoke into a PVZ? It explicitly states that you can draw LOF through smoke at -6 and the only FAQ around MSV1 clarifies that Sixth Sense removes that penalty if you are attacked.

Just to make sure I understand. With this ruling you cannot declare a template attack if your opponent BS attacks on first skill generating a ZoC ARO and then walks around the corner to make their declaration valid, correct?

9. Mahtamori

It's not an MSV1 FAQ, specifically, it's an alteration to Zero Visibility Zones in general hence why the additional clarification is needed for White Noise (and presumably Eclipse).
    PoorVis.png

DukeofEarl likes this.
  10. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

totally missed that part of the FAQ. thanks

11. Mahtamori

@HellLois
    Thank you for the update to the wiki! I'd like to bring to your attention that there's old entries in the FAQ that were added to the wiki that are conflicting with the information IJW posted in this thread (Spanish: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/faq-1-2-novedades.40813/ ). Specifically;
    • You can choose the position of the Short Skill in the Resolution step, but Templates must still be placed on declaration.
    Conflicts with the FAQ 1.0 entry;

N4 FAQ
    Version: 1.0, Jan 2021
    Q: Do you need to specify all details of a Skill when declaring it? For example where the target is for a BS Attack, or where the template is being placed for White Noise?

A: Yes, with the exception of the target’s position, which is chosen in the Resolution step, before measuring Ranges. If the order of declaration is important, the active player chooses who declares first.
    (Also, the FAQ 1.0 entry for Berserk, which says all units with Berserk gets to move, conflicts with the new Annex entry for Active Turn activation, which says only the leader gets to declare it at all)

12. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

The Berserk rule could be read in a way that both apply. The annex is simply not giving a permissive rule (rather than preventing) to Berserk (just like the other skills listed in the box) because it's talking about "the rest of the members", but the FAQ gives a permissive rule to Berserk for "the Troops with Berserk" that are part of the fireteam.

13. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

You are welcome! But wasnt me ^^ Was @ijw who is the one know how it works that magic xD

But we will check it. Thx for the advise.

14. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

To help us fix the problem, could you describe exactly what the conflict is?

Note that Fireteams in the Active Turn doesn't say that only the Fireteam Leader gets to declare certain Skills, it says who gets to perform the Skills declared for the Fireteam:

'If any other Skill is declared, only the Fireteam Leader performs the declared Skill and the other Fireteam members perform an Idle'​

But as @HellLois says, we will double check this.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  15. Iskandar

Iskandar Well-Known Member

@ijw in the interim ruling for 1.2 you said

But this FAQ exists
    upload_2022-9-1_11-39-0.png

Which says you must specify all details of a skill when declaring it which would include the position you are shooting from hence the conflict.

ijw, Mahtamori and Diphoration like this.
  16. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Thank you.

Diphoration likes this.
  17. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

• For Minelayer, place the Trooper and Deployable at the same time and measure from either.
    about this part, what happens if the unit has a decoy too. will i put all three at the same time ?

18. Mahtamori

It is very nice to see the wiki for my favourite game get updated. Thank you!
    Iskandar has already addressed the first one, so let me specify better the Berserk, namely this FAQ entry:

N4 FAQ
    Version: 1.0, Jan 2021
    Q: Can Berserk be used while in a Fireteam?

A: Yes. Only the Troops with Berserk will perform the Skill, the rest will perform an Idle and the Team Leader will be the only one performing the CC Attack.

Related Pages: Berserk, Fireteams in the Active Turn

This old FAQ entry implies an override to part of the much newer rules entry. The rules say that only the leader of a Fireteam of Domaru get to perform the Berserk skill (with the other Domaru standing still performing an Idle) while the FAQ entry says that all Domaru get to perform the movement but only the leader get to attack.

ijw likes this.
  19. Mahtamori

I'm not sure where to bring this up best. It's a technicality for people who already know the game, really, but new players learning from scratch may stumble. It's about cancellation of https://infinitythewiki.com/HoloMask_State
    This is the offending line:
    • Instead, if the Trooper belongs to a Fireteam and is not the Team Leader, if they declare a Skill that is not Support or Movement (except Look Out!).
    Issue being that as of the most recent Annex, "Support" is not a type of Fireteam skill anymore. Perhaps an errata to say something along the lines of
    • If the Trooper belongs to a Fireteam and is not the Team Leader, this will not apply if the declared skill has the Holomask user perform the Idle skill.

burlesford, Qwerinaga and Hecaton like this.
  20. Foxbringer

Foxbringer Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hello. Sorry for bothering in such an old thread, but recently we had a dispute in IGL about camo minelayers. And people use this exact quote to prove that it is necessary to tell your opponent which camo combinations were put on the table at the same time, that is, “there are 8 markers here, this one is alone, those 3 is my strelok-minelayer, these 2 in deployment is a pair, and those 2 is another pair, etc...”

Citation from the theme: "However, the order that things are deployed in is not explicitly hidden information, and therefore you can ask your opponent about this and they must answer. This means that if you leave the table during deployment, you can ask your opponent questions about their deployment order when you return."

Since IGL is one of the satellites, and this answer may change a lot of stuff for many camospam armies, can you explicitly say, is it really intended to tell your opponent about all the troopers or does we can (as we always did, as I really think and as stated in the rules without mentioning any "order of deployment") play with private information and just deploy a number of markers not mentioning where are minelayers among them?

Methuselah and JoKeR like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation