1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion on the new moderation policy can be had here

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Time Bandit, Feb 4, 2022.

1. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Also, I dont, nor anyone with any self respect would take kindly to your threats or patronizing.

2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Once again, who are you threatening here?

3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

edited for clarity:

So I was just lazy using a meme instead of typing.
    What I wanted to write was a response to you telling me that I had no idea what favouritism was.

I basically just wrote that I knew what it was but I had no idea what your understanding of the word was, which almost sounded identical to the meme, so I ended up posting that instead.

I don’t even consider that mocking because I honestly have no idea what you’re on about with “playing favourites”

#143 Zewrath, Feb 14, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  4. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

@psychoticstorm @Koni

You guys do understand people like me have just grown tired of taking shit from people but havent given up on the forum like the majority of people who have tried to discuss things here right? You do understand we weren't always like this and that all we want now is for you guys to do your jobs fairly and justly and overcome any of your biases. You understand we're not here to kiss anyone's asses including yours. You do understand we don't initiate these insults, right, you get that right, we just want you to hold everyone accountable equally and the longer you dont do anything about the people who start this shit, the more you dont even talk about the other people the more forumites will loathe you because it's your job to make this place hospitable for everyone, not just a few. You do or don't understand these things? Cause if your response will explain alot.

5. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

If they dont say anything to you about this snipe, this will exemplify my point. Openly mocking a forum member in this exact thread, the irony that you felt you could get away with it is exactly my point.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  6. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Mate, this is getting daft now. Call it a night, come back tomorrow and have a chat with the mods over pm when things have settled. You've been on here for years, played a long time and racked up a thousand posts. Let's all chill and not inflame this thread any further

7. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Say that to someone else not me, you're just making my point. And I did PM the the mods, not a peep put of them. They're the mods, they should be able to handle these discussions. Other players have called them weak, I say favorites, I'm sure others have said worse. But you try to tell me to give it a break instead of acknowledging my point was just exemplified by zewrath?! Everytime you or anyone else gives him and other a pass for that kind of behavior, you contribute to the problem. You cant give them a pass, ever, or else they keep doing it and worse and that what koni and psychotic storm have done, they helped encourage this by not lighting these people up from the first transgression.

8. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Aaand here we go again, with familiar faces.. *chuckles*

9. Urist

Urist Well-Known Member

I mean, in the past 24 hours I have seen you (and the other forum posters) get 4 public warnings from the mod to stop. If four separate chances to stop isn't you also receiving favoritism for being a long-time member, I don't know what is. If I was on DakkaDakka or TGA I would've probably been temporarily banned after the second warning on the same day.

So let's all just calm down, the mod is trying to be lenient with us. This is supposed to be a chill place where we talk about the importance of toy soldiers.

10. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

I have no idea what's going on since I'm not gonna turn off my filters, but apparently my post is featuring in some shitstorm.

To clarify:
    - I'm not threatening any specific nor unspecified poster in this forum with physical violence.
    - I have way more important issues in my life atm and getting into fights over space manbarbies is very far from my mind.
    - I will, however, allow myself some schadenfreude if the usual suspects eat another forum probation without my involvement.
    - What I meant in my post is that a wide audience plus perceived impunity combine to vastly increase motivation to shitpost. As others already noticed, this is not my discovery, I was quoting an existing observation, IIRC known as "Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory".
    - if someone's still outraged at said post, feel free to report it, apparently people are getting probated now so there might be a non-zero chance of Koni chewing me out if it does break forum rules and/or basic decency.

Nat Lanza, Stiopa, YueFei23 and 9 others like this.
  11. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

You do realize this started with the constant locking of threads preventing discussion right? It didnt matter if one's arguments were sound, once someone decides they dont like you or your ideas/thoughts, it doesn't matter to them if they have valid arguments anymore, then they resort to ad hominem and other methods and the mods never did anything and as far as I can tell, the only thing theyve done now is ban the most vocal that have stated there is a problem. What you dont seem to understand is that this shit should not happen at all yet alone again...

12. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

@Koni , @psychoticstorm if you are reluctant to issue permanent bans, consider the humble threadban, if forum software allows it. If not, a single public warning and a DM, "Do not post in this thread again." follow up with a week long or longer ban if the user posts again.

13. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

To all the people complaining. Please get over your ego, you are not that important and you are coming across as whiners.

14. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

- says he, being unimportant, complaining and coming across as a whiner.

Delicious irony :)

WiT? likes this.
  15. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

16. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

But that’s exactly what this is: a tantrum. Thing is, we’re getting a lot of these, and they derail a lot of threads, like they did with the siocast one and countless others. And it’s like a car crash: you can’t help but look at it, people can’t help replying.

Alas, there’s no forum rules against tantrums - although really, I wish there was more control over thread-derailment. But when said tantrum comes up as offensively as it does here, throwing wild accusations left and right, I wish someone would step up.

One might admire the infinite patience of the mods, but at this point, it is entirely counterproductive.

#156 Alfy, Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  17. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

As many others already mentioned in this and previous discussions, mods' "patience" - or rather their hands-off approach to moderation - is counterproductive for a long time now.

On a separate note, one might as well admire the sheer pluck of people who, either by themselves or in packs, commit to personal attacks, insults, bullying, and general nastiness in the very thread discussing forum moderation. Some of these come from people unable to take a deep breath and stop to try and win a forum discussion, some come from trolls getting their kicks from provoking a reaction. Moderators should simply mute a few people for a week or two, repeatedly if necessary, and the forum would be a better place for it.

chaos11, YueFei23, Solodice and 10 others like this.
  18. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

I would VERY LIKE a prober ban policy. With doubling period.
    1st time? 1 week
    2nd time? 2 weeks
    3rd time? 4 weeks

19. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I have not seen this in the forum either, but a public notice under the forum avatar "this user has been banned until X date" would also help. Bad behaviour does not need to be publicly discussed, but sanctions need to be public to retain strength.

20. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Thread closed for moderation and reopened.

I have to say a few things.

First and foremost disagreements, unless explicitly and openly stated should never be considered personal attacks, additionally please remember this is an international forum, language barriers, cultural clashes and plain language barriers are present and in full effect.

Secondly, no forum member is entitled to another forum members time, participation and interaction are voluntary and forum members choose who they interact with and if they will interact with other forum members, for this "Ignore" and "Report" are two functions I strongly advice the utilization of if other options fail.

Lastly, while remarks about a persons mental health are a common vocabulary arsenal in minor disputes, I would like to see them stop in the forum.

#160 psychoticstorm, Feb 16, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation