1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My one wish for Morat redesign..

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by paraelix, Feb 10, 2022.

1. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Stop making female Morats into bikini babes. Give us broad, strong female models of equal size to the males. Give us a female Sogarat who towers over weak puny humans. Give us bare-armed Zerats with thick, muscular arms.

Stop making petite, anime, "cheesecake" sculpts for every female model.

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

In CB's defense Anyat and the Zerats are fully clothed and armoured, they're not bikini babes.

The female representatives in the warband side of the faction are indeed barbarian bikini babes but it's equal opportunity there. The males are equally under dressed shirtless monkey hunks.

[​IMG]

3. paraelix

My issue is with the physicality of the build, less the clothing choice (for Morats, at least).

Plus the "equal opportunity" argument is a falsehood when both designs are, essentially, for the male gaze - its what men want the men to look like and what men want the women to look like.

Altner and bladerunner_35 like this.
  4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Oh sure the dimorphism. Good luck with that I don't think anyone's managed to beat it out of them yet.

EDIT: On second thought isn't Kendrat actually exactly the death by snu snu you're after?

[​IMG]

Abrilete, archon, dhellfox and 2 others like this.
  5. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Have you seen the dravot hunter in TAG Raid? She's pretty buff.

6. Morray

Morray Well-Known Member

This smacks of smug virtue signalling. The female models coming out from CB are amongst some of the best on the market. The new Shaolin, Varangian, Kovac, JuJak, Oktavia, Irmandinhos, Tertiaries, Shona, Aida etc etc etc, the list goes on.

I would like to see more tubby miniatures though, love the fat bois!

I don't want there to be any shackles on the creativity for CB, them them carry on making amazing miniatures thanks.

7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I think the problem is being if not fixed, then at least corrected a bit. The recent sculpts are better at this. Granted, at some point looking at male/female sculpts was like:

[​IMG]

8. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Yeah, I don't get it.
    Oznats have lats that most bodybuilders, male or female, don't have.
    Kendrat is a brick wall, as is the Dravot hunter.

Sure, I would enjoy a giant-ass female sogarat, but honestly, at that point, with that much armor, it wouldn't make a lick of sense for a male or female armor to look any different from each other. Which (GASP!), CB also already did with the female Ariadna prospector who is wearing a heavy suit that looks very much like a trimmed down Ratnik without any sexual characteristics.

So yeah, I am going to agree with everyone else here. CB is getting better (not perfect) at doing female sculpts.

Hecaton, Savnock, Lesh' and 3 others like this.
  9. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I think they are definitely moving in the direction of buff morats of all genders.

In the spirit of making the forum less hostile, can we a please try to avoid statements like this? Surely we can disagree with the poster without presuming their intent or motivations. Thank you for your consideration.

Altner, DukeofEarl, Gromuk and 5 others like this.
  10. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

I'm with you 100 %. Man, if they change nothing but release new and less sexist sculpts for MAF the new Morats will be boss!

CB really needs to get with the program and into the 2000s. Some aspects of their "creativity" absolutely needs to be shackled. Think of the children! I've got three boys and try to teach them good things.

Morray likes this.
  11. paraelix

Dunno what Oznat models you've been assembling, but mine were always breaking due to the arms have tiny contact points on account of being tiny toothpicks... especially as compared to any other Morat sculpt I worked with.

Granted - I have paid no attention to the non-Infinity sculpts (Defiance and Tag Raid). I am judging CB on their existing inventory of *available* female Morat sculpts that I have a legacy of complaining about for exactly this reason.

12. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Oh, yesss
    [​IMG]

Rumdog, Pierzasty and Morganus like this.
  13. Morganus

Morganus Evolved Emotional Intelligence

Well, sexual dimorphism is pretty much the same for non-human anthropoid primates as well, so males are usually bigger than females, especially if there is a fierce competition for access to mates (and based on the RPG this porbably the case with Morats as well). We know that female Morats, the Oznats were the whips during hunts, so looking at the size of the Gurlanak beast I would say that the male Morats are probably bigger and had to take on a leading role in hunting the giant beasts of Ugarat especially because of their bigger size. I simply don't see much probability for a reverse dimorphisms either, like in the case of lemurs, even if the female dominance could be very well supported by the fluff, as Oznats are aggressive and brutal, and "can be the alpha male of any other race". If they would be the same size as males, they would have been absolute dominant in their warrior society, and probably not just whips in the hunt. I can see logic in not making the female Morats too skiny, but I think there is a good middle ground with the Kendrat design, as I can very much believe she could rip an alpha Gaki or Preta apart with her bare hands. So all in all, I like the current trend in design, and would not want to see a Sogarat size female because that would make no sense lorewise.

On another note, the Shasvastii have it differently, according to the RPG, as the female (Ileshta) end of their fluid sex/gender spectrum is explicitly said to be stronger and having higher endurance, physical superiority. So I think it is better to leave this feature to the SEF, where probably the most badass warriors are Ileshta-dominant, while Oznats are terrifying because even though they are smaller, but more vicious than the male Morats.

Cthulhu363 and Dragonstriker like this.
  14. paraelix

This comment smacks of toxic bullying designed to shut down any/all conversation about a topic you disagree with or, in any way, decide is "political" due to your own polarising opinions.

My motivations for my opinion are several-fold;
    • the game should be more inclusive - overtly sexualised female sculpts can be a barrier to people being comfortable joining the hobby (as can forums posts with cartoons of people licking the abs of said sculpts, tbh)
    • (outside of Aleph) the characters of Infinity are regular people (or Aliens) and regular people have a broad spectrum of heights, body shapes, and body sizes
    • the existing female sculpts I have worked with over my 12 years playing Infinity are the least enjoyable sculpts to work with - because they are smaller, more fragile, and more frustrating to assemble as a result
    • on the back of the above point, one of the reasons I like the Morats in Infinity is that, as a line of miniatures, they are consistently larger and easier to work with than every other range of models in Infinity due to their bulk and increased surface area of contact points comparative to their human counterparts

#14 paraelix, Feb 10, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    Altner, Stiopa and Camo Token like this.
  15. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Because I know were this debate is going to go, I would suggest that posters agree to disagree and move on, and the thread survives moderation and/ or closure.

Dragonstriker, Gromuk, WiT? and 2 others like this.
  16. paraelix

These two miniatures are Arm 5 and BTS 9. 1 pt of armour away from a Sogarat and with loads more BTS. One is obviously female and the other obviously male.
    upload_2022-2-11_5-51-47.png
    These are not old sculpts.

Stiopa and Camo Token like this.
  17. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

All in favour of this raise your hand.

:hand:

KGG, WiT?, Stiopa and 4 others like this.
  18. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

These are S2 HI. A sogarat is an S5. It is physically much larger even if its statline doesn't quite match its size. It's like... I converted a female Kriza. All I did was rip off its head and add in a female head from Malifaux. And it looks pretty neat.

So yeah, if we were to get a helmetless Sog and it's a female, I'd be down to it. But no boobs on the sog armor, please.

Stiopa, Lesh' and chromedog like this.
  19. paraelix

On that point - pretty sure we've never had a helmetless/maskless female Morat anywhere in the catalogue either.

20. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

You are correct, no artwork either.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation