1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion on the new moderation policy can be had here

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Time Bandit, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Hello everyone,

It is pretty obvious that there is a demand of a more strict moderation. And we're listening to your feedback on it. What amazes me is that some of the demandants are people that should be banned more than once for his behaviour. Yeah, I know, you will say "Hey dude, you should banned him long time before". And probably you're right, but we decided to make a different approach, and in consensus with @psychoticstorm we decided to act like we act recently.

We'll study what happened recently and we'll decide if temporary bans will be applied to some users (some replies in this thread are worth it). I'm not a fan, believe me. Someone said that I was the "BanHammer" in old forums, and I don't liked it, because some people I banned in the past I met later in person and they were some nice people. And that thing is something that amazes me, why you act like in so bad manners while in real life you are so nice? It makes no sense.

But even if the people that should be banned agrees on temporary bans, I'll more than happy to give them that.

Look, this is a discussion forum, and as every discussion in the world, people occasionally tends to escalate their tone. And this is fine. But please remember that you're discussing about little toy soldiers made of metal, not talking about how politicians spend our taxes in stupid things. Let's put a little bit of perspective on it.

And I'll be grateful if you avoid attacking not only any of the CB Staff, including @ijw or @psychoticstorm but also among yourselves. They're so valuable people and they deserve your respect, as well as we must respect you as a players and customers.

I'll ask for your understanding, good behaviour and patience. I know that, even the people who most deserve bans from your pov, we can make this a cool place for staying.

Thank you for your time and I hope you'll keep on going civil from here on.

#81 Koni, Feb 7, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    Devil_Tiger, Rizzy, Savnock and 33 others like this.
  2. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

We started with some 1-week bans for some users in this thread.

And we'll act in that way with some other users from now on that we consider they need a ban. We'll also make an update soon to reflect the temporary bans policy.

And I want to say to those who receive and will receive temporary bans, this is not intended to silence you forever or anything like that. Think about it like a measure to "dude, stop acting bad and start acting cool". We'll love to continue reading your thoughts after your temporary bans ends, hoping in a civilized manner.

Also, I'll ask to the rest of the people to act in civilized manner to those who gets temporary bans. I don't want to see that people banned receives attacks after they come back from their rest.

Let's create a cool space here. @psychoticstorm and I will be very welcomed to read your suggestions, always in a civilized manner, please.

Thank you.

#82 Koni, Feb 7, 2022
  3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@Koni @psychoticstorm

With all that said and done, I still think it's important to mention that one thing I really like with Corvus Belli, compared to other companies, is that it's a company that is "on the ground", so to speak and I really think it's positive that you are open to feedback and input.

Real talk, I'm actually sad that people like IJW feel burned out due to negativity.

Going forward with your updated moderation policies, I (and many others I'm sure) am confident that the "atmosphere" of this forum will be better in the long run.

In other words, I'm glad you took action and I will be the first to admit that I'm no stranger to pushing buttons or even being a jerk at times. Even then, I will also openly admit that a round of "spanking with a rod" will be beneficial for both me and the forum whenever I act that way, as it should be.

Kind regards.

Savnock, Dragonstriker, KGG and 5 others like this.
  4. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Let's be honest here, you're one of those users that likes to, as a friend of mine said, "push the button that mom said me not to push". But I'm happy you openly admits it.

I hope we can reach a glad place to be here, but we'll also need your collaboration, dear forum users. Always have in mind that, behind a forum user name, there's a person. Yeah, behind "Nuada Airgetlam", behind "Zewrath", behind "Mahtamori", behind "IJW", behind "Koni", there's people with feelings, and even when you post with not bad intentions, can affect them in different ways. Think about it.

#84 Koni, Feb 7, 2022
    Savnock, chromedog, Ugin and 12 others like this.
  5. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

It's simple, big audience + safety from being punched in the face.

chaos11, Stiopa and chromedog like this.
  6. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

Like I said before, flaming and grief isn't a problem particular to the Infinity community, nor is it the case that the Infinity community has a uniquely positive tone that is somehow being betrayed. Both would be a kind of bias because actually - surprise surprise - it has exactly the same kind of community as every other internet forum: just as bad as its moderators allow.

Really glad to hear there's some movement on moderation policy, it makes me hopeful that this can be a better, more chilled place to discuss the best wargame I've ever played.

7. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

Thank you Koni for the update.

Psychoticstorm, one improvement I'd like to suggest from seeing it on another forum, is that when a moderator has to step in because of unacceptable posts, no matter what other punishment is dealt out, the unacceptable post/ section of post is immediately deleted. It's not left up to the individual member, it's not left up so that other forum members see it and escalate things with their reactions, the unacceptable part is immediately deleted. Yes, this can shorten threads, including by several pages, but it helps a lot in keeping things cool.
    This helps cool things down because people aren't able to go back and get themselves worked up again by rereading old insults, or if they missed the drama there's no way for them to jump in later.

Savnock, chromedog, csjarrat and 12 others like this.
  8. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Very much this. We're all humans and humans are naturally drawn to drama like moths to a flame.

Remove the flame by deleting inciting posts which clearly have nothing to do with a given topic and the drama has much less fuel.

Edit: I might add that you can still give posters voice by allowing them to air their concerns/ thoughts in threads made for it.
    This isn't mutually exclusive with stopping people from derailing other threads.

And Koni, don't feel bad for temporary bans. Sometimes people need it, I think lots of people will be in the forums when their tank of 'willpower' is already low. So it's easier to give in to poor behaviour when in real life they avoid going out altogether while in that mental state.

#88 Alphz, Feb 7, 2022
  9. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Stoked to see the place moving in a positive direction.

Gonna +1 the above post. Temporary cool-offs are where its at. Informs people that they have crossed a line, but does not silence them permanently. Society is far too quick to do the latter these days.

Edit: I feel that most posts ITT should be deleted. The desired outcome was achieved and there is no need to let this negativity sit around. In support of this, I am removing all negative comments and critiques from all posts I have made in here.

#89 WiT?, Feb 7, 2022
  10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

We always read the suggestions and adapt them were we can, thanks for the feedback.

11. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Who would you punch in the face...

12. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

You should mind your own business.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  13. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

While I'm glad you guys have started doing something about the Forum, judging from the fact that Dragonstriker was able to "like" this post, despite his history and having directly told me "fuck off" not more than two weeks ago (and I have reported that post to the moderator), I assume he wasn't granted this one week vacation that ended, as mine did, a few hrs ago.

So has anything changed really? An omission? Or is this what "civilized discourse" is now.

wuji likes this.
  14. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I just dropped fire to em in PM, I'm all for bans, but do it right, dont fuck it up. We'll see. Especially with what I just unloaded. If they do it right, you'll see me back to being polite as I was once before. Now it's a test of Koni's integrity.

15. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Geez, just back from “holidays” and already at it…

And I just realized: the forum actually felt better for a week. No, this is not a pique, I’m not trying to punch buttons: I visited daily, and there was just no drama in any of the threads I read. It just felt like a normal forum, and it was darn enjoyable.

#95 Alfy, Feb 14, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  16. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

This is the thread for discussing moderation, isn't it. I'd like to know why the person who told me to "fuck off" didn't see any consequence of their usual mode of posting and that particular post, but myself and others did. It's not a complex concept, you know.

If you think this is me being "back at it", then you didn't want the trolls seeing consequence and moderation, you achieved silencing any dissenters and critique of how this Forum is being run for a week and liked it.

wuji likes this.
  17. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Yeah, I felt the same and I kinda wanted to start a thread about it but felt like that would be too "provocative" or "trollish" idk.
    I actually really liked the discussions that were going on in general and the forums no longer felt like that "dark place" that you wouldn't recommend new players to visit.

I think this thread is a great example, where some disagreements were had and the moderator told people to agree to disagree and everyone kinda just moved on (so to speak) and nothing more came of it, allowing the thread to continue without bile... I actually like that.

18. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Look dude, human beings are far simpler than you wanna admit. We're prone to cliques and this forum is no different. Instead of trying to start shit again, why dont you be part of the solution, cause all nuada and I have ever fuckin wanted was for a zero tolerance environment for seemingly troll like behavior. And I ain't gonna hear jabs about me being a troll because all I've ever tried to do was help this game. But instead of attacking my arguments, so many people here have taken the route of shitty politics so I ain't hearing that shit. Comprende?!

19. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

You clearly dont understand the concept of playing favorites, because it's clear the moderation team only want to to the bare minimum so instead of enforcing a zero tolerance rule on everyone, they only go after people who are trying to tell them to do their job appropriately, which means stopping people from sniping and jabbing. Cause clearly pierzasty was encouraged enough to suggest punching people in the face, I'd love to see him try but it was Koni's specific words that prompted that shit. So go ahead and live in a wonderland but population of forum member wont grow just cause I or Nuada are gone, cause otherwise pierzasty, alfi, mahtamori and yourself wouldnt feel so at ease to inch your selves back to shit talking or just plain rude behavior.

20. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Most human beings dont understand themselves yet alone how they play favorites...

#100 wuji, Feb 14, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
    Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation