1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fireteam changes incoming

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Hachiman Taro, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The issue is that smoke + shoot can be done from across the table.

Why don't you learn to deal with the ARO rather than cheese it with your smoke + MSV2?

There are vastly different levels of power of MSV2-3 attack pieces in Infinity, and some sectorials don't even have them, so this as THE SOLUTION to fireteam AROs is a bad idea.

2. Hecaton

IMO it was actually flash pulses in fireteams (and with Overclock) but I'm guessing Gutier lost a game or two because of those in N3 and had them removed.

3. Hecaton

Sure, but you need to take a bat to the knees of vanilla factions if you're going to be nerfing fireteams.

4. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

And I absolutely would welcome it. I like playing vanilla, but I also feel like I'm constantly railroaded back to it when I want to branch out into sectorials because nothing they offer really manages to stack up.

Zewrath and Rejnhard like this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

So don't set up numpties to get shot? If you've got problems with Smoke + Shoot, you've got hell to pay when someone brings Mim-6 that doesn't need set up

Savnock likes this.
  6. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

What you have in mind

7. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Very clever and actually I would really like this.

JSA, Domaru, Kempeitai and Oda can join all.
    Daiyokai, Keisotsu can join core.
    Karakuri and Musashi can join Haris
    Tanko can join core and haris.
    And Shikami can join Duo.
    Imagine a Shikami Domaru spitfire Duo... that's 80 points worth of flanking fuck your couch.

Abrilete likes this.
  8. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I also like it, but this would require a lot of rebalancing as Sectorials would suddenly get lots of possible Fireteam combinations.
    But it would also make listbuilding (and reforming Fireteams during battle) very easy, just like "Fireteam: Triad" does for Tohaa right now, and this would be great for the players.

wuji and Gwynbleidd like this.
  9. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

that was the idea commented years ago by the team, make Fireteams A, B and C and you can join anyone with the same as you. If you have Haris: B, you can form a fireteam with B troops. (Probably with some limitations). I dont know how much of that idea remains now in testing

wuji, Rejnhard and Abrilete like this.
  10. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

This is a good idea. I’ve seen a few good suggestions on how fireteam rules may change and adapt. It will be interesting to see what happens.

11. Mahtamori

Oh, and regarding this.
    While it is not a done deal, CB has gotten a bit more careful with how and when they drop information compared to 10 years ago. The fact that they put this out in a video this close to the rough date when we expect the new rules means that they are pretty damned confident that this is what they'll go with.
    Bostria not wanting to give any info at all on the bonuses themselves I'd take as indication that they have several different options and haven't yet decided which they'll go with.

wuji, RolandTHTG, Abrilete and 3 others like this.
  12. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It could be they use to gauge what we would like.

13. Mahtamori

Maybe, but considering they won't get a gauge without actually putting some info on what they consider and any such reactions will be quite vocal and likely lacking in quality outside of quantity, it's more likely they'll put that gauging to more trusted playtesters.

Being real and honest, we as a community won't be able to agree on anything other than that the proposed bonuses are wrong and a personal attack. The bonuses are, after all, far too strong and doesn't do enough to make sectorials playable and we ask why they don't do more to nerf Hassassins and Tohaa because the OP Nomads are permanently in loss of lieutenant due to hacking being so weak that it is ruining the game for everyone who don't have pitchers.

14. Muad'dib

Muad'dib Well-Known Member

Quoted for truth

15. Hecaton

Given that mimetism -6 is on limited profiles, nah, still not the same kind of issue.

16. Sungwon

Sungwon Well-Known Member

I have a very simple idea to buff pure fireteam. Just simplify fireteam types (duo, haris, core, etc) and leave two fireteams: pure team and mixed team. An army can have only one mixed fireteam and one pure fireteam. Specify the type of fireteams they can join on each profile but restrict pure teams can only have profiles from a single troop type and those who count as them. Mixed and pure teams get specific bonus no matter how many are in each team. For example, mixed team will get +1B whether there are two or five troopers. Pure team will get +1B, +3BS, and courage even if only two fusiliers are in it. For Tohaa and Steel Phalanx, make them can have multiple mixed fireteams and they count as pure fireteam.

I don't think this is balanced or solves every problems, but just a proposal of new idea (or an old one that I couldn't find).

17. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Care to try and balance it for us then

18. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

A question to ask yourself (CB too of course) when coming up with totally new ways of doing fireteam is "what can change without changing the rest of the rules to accommodate it." They are ONLY making changes to the fireteams. CB, I don't think, wants to a do a whole overhaul of the system due to fireteams. Whatever changes happen need to be fairly even to all forces and still fun to play. Not too powerful and not weak either. There needs to be a balance between the variety of Vanilla, and efficiency of Sectoral. Nerfing them some doesn't hurt anyone much but will make some very unhappy. Making them more powerful is not going to make anyone happy either and it will be even harder to nerf them in the future. It's a rule of humanity that it's "easy to give, hard to take away." It can be seen as good or bad. For example, I feel, it was a mistake to give fire teams so many skills at the start of them. Now it's difficult to take anything away. But that's where we are at.

19. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

I laughed so hard

20. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

What ever rule they decide on, I hope it helps getting troops from their original faction a reason to be played.
    Nothing bothers me more these days then that I "have to play" random mercenaries (from 3rd party games) to stay competitive.

Giving pure fireteams a different (hopefully better) bonus sounds like a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed.

wuji likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation