1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intuitive, Declarative and Baiting. A poll.

Discussion in 'Rules' started by wuji, Jan 30, 2022.

1. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Wish I could ask 3 poll questions in one thread

1. Would players prefer a generally more intuitive game?

2. Would players prefer CB do away with this push for everything happens at the same time in favor of Requirements must be met before declaration?

3. In another thread I suggested treating ZoC AROs the same as AROs against camo tokens. Should it play as your ARO options are A) Dodge, B) Reset and C) Hold ARO to Attack incase they come running around the corner?
    (NOTE: all relevant rules like 6S and Stealth all play exactly the same. This would allow CC troops around a corner to try and engage without getting shot at by either the ARO troop declaring dodge or if it declares Hold, then the active turn CC troop can then declare dodge while the ARO troop loses the chance to dodge the same as it would act for a camo marker. I believe this is ideal for CC troops now.).

#1 wuji, Jan 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    Jonno and Blakhart like this.
  2. Blakhart

Blakhart Well-Known Member

Personally, I would like N4 (or future Nx) to use the C1 method of having your options already set to...
    In LoF, out of ZoC
    In LoF and ZoC
    No LoF, In ZoC

(Some simple examples...)
    So In LoF, Out of ZoC you can BS Attack or use in skill that requires LoF.
    In LoF/ZoC, practically everything
    No LoF, In ZoC... Hack, Dodge, Reset or any skill/equipment that does not require LoF

Have all the skill "Keyworded" as to which of those situtation the skill can be used. That's it. No need for weird explanations that conflict with other rules somewhere else. Just use the skill cause the rule says you can use it now.

I think you still keep all your options but the reason for why they work is simplifed down to "Cause the rules just say they work".

#2 Blakhart, Jan 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    Jonno likes this.
  3. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Sounds like C1 is the same premise as I'm putting forth, does it have 6S and Stealth, that's the only rules interactions that are different in my suggestion.

4. Blakhart

No, it does not but you could treat Sixth Sense as "Reactive Trooper now treats Active rooper as In LOF regardless of Visiblity Types that interced between this (each) interaction. Apply a -3 to the Reactive Troopers Skill checked ARO (eg Dodge, BS Attack...) that can not be combined with other Visibility Mods."
    Not the "actual" laguage to use but my point is that the rule(s) should reference ALL other possible interaction. Not in a vauge sense but directy. You can achive this by just saying something like, "BS Attack can be made in the Active or the Reactive turn if the Target of the Attack is In LoF, out of ZoC / In LoF, In ZoC."
    To me... that does what it does now but spells it out pretty clearly. These two times are the only times you can use this one skill. MSV would then have a rule that could say "Allows the Active/Reactive Trooper to count all Visibility Types as In LoF, with a -3 Mod, that can not be combined with any other Visibility Type Mod, to any BS Attack Skill roll from this Trooper."

5. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

One could only wish for more clarity... But I feel if the system was cleaner and more intuitive we wouldnt have these problems anyways.

6. Blakhart

Personally, I'm not a fan of the first skill is only a Move. I think you can allow for the same, current, choice but cleary defines WHEN these things can be done... like Aristeia, and to which things those actions can interact with, like C1.

7. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

I like when the pool doesn't go where intended and is blatantly dropped...

nazroth, Amusedbymuse and Mogra like this.
  8. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Agrees, the game has its moments of intuitive play and they change with the seasons it seems.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation