1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fireteam changes incoming

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Hachiman Taro, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

There's also the ever-present question of how they handle Triads, but if the Pure/Mixed distinction is mainly for Cores then it shouldn't matter too much.

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Well I feel a little proud of myself lol. Looks like there will be a difference between a "pure" fireteam and "mixed" fireteam. Mentioned at the 3:40 mark.

No idea what the rules will be, but there is a difference between them.

3. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

Good guess!
    However, I shudder to think of a Shang Ji and 4 Jujak core in which no one gains any boni (as SJ are the only ones with Fireteam: Core).
    Would impressively make multiple Jujak more useless than they already are!

Interested to see what they settle on for the mixed links and whether it's accompanied by some tweaks to Sectorial fireteam options.

Hecaton likes this.
  4. Space Ranger

I'm hoping since they are doing the Fireteam rules changes, that includes who can join and how. Yes it will suck especially for troops that are forced to be mixed as of now and they stay that way. For instance the Celestial LSGL+Kuang Shi, Shang Ji+Jujak, Zhanshi in both IA and WB Zhanshi are AVA4 and MUST be mixed to have a full team.

5. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

I like that it could potentially make all those SWC box purchases relevant again. But for sure cores where AVA is limited could potentially not be as viable, unless they accomodate for those where AVA is limited and allow for a fifth member etc.

Abrilete likes this.
  6. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

on surface level at least, i think "counts as" units vs "be part of" and the wildcards are going to become more interesting and viable.

#346 dhellfox, Jan 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  7. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I hope hafza retain the ability to hide in a core pure link as they could in N2. Hafza should "count as" anything that they holoproject as. But everything else (odalisque, sekban, rahman, etc) could be considered mixed fireteam like all the other faction now has.

also some units that by name ought to be "count as" (and some were count as in N3) but for simplicity sake were assigned "wildcard : can join" should get "count as" added in addition to their wildcard line. Stuff like Alguacile Vortex Lupe and Securitate DI Jelena and Bagh-Mari Lt Stephen Rao and Fusiliers Indigo Bipandra & Quinn.

chromedog and infyrana like this.
  8. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

Yes, if that rumour turns out to be true, I'd expect a check and revamp of counts as as x vs may join x. I'd also expect special fireteams like the yan huo one to be counted as pure.

9. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The problem is that msv2 + smoke then just obviates most aros.

WiT?, csjarrat and Rejnhard like this.
  10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I'm worried it won't come with that, and the favoritism for certain factions will remain. Maybe I'm just paranoid though. But I look at how pushed things like the Asawira are and think that the designers who like them aren't going to let them lose their fireteam bonuses.

We need a more coherent philosophy of fireteams and thought as to what they're bringing for their faction, and trying to advertise minis as being wildcards in Bostria's videos has been a frustrating thing to watch.

11. Space Ranger

Agreed. Even if they for instance boost Zhanshi to AVA5 if not Total, it will help a lot.

12. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

The rules better be good, or I'm pretty sure Infinity will run into PP-level catastrophe.

If the most loyal players start to complain about their own game, it does mean there's some serious problem in the game :(

13. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Don't be ridiculous, there's lots of ways to obviate most AROs, many which don't even require set up from an external order, and we're not talking about "lots of AROs", we're talking about one specific ARO that was never really designed to obviate counters to it yet is present in almost all lists.
    A more obvious solution is to learn to deal with it instead.

14. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

I believe it's already been pointed out that Core Fireteams (who get bonuses for 5 models) could potentially be at a disadvantage if their AVA is only 4 (Lasiqs, Zanshi, Ghulam, Nisses) unless something is written into the new ruleset to accomodate for this.

However, from a buyer perspective, I wonder how this new Fireteam change will affect some of the recent and upcoming SWC box contents. For example, the Shang Ji and Orcs, 3 in a box and a tinbot, but AVA 5. Ok so the Orcs also get Patsi who's a special char and 2 more Orcs across two army packs. Then there's the Jujak's, 1 in the army pack, then 2 in the box plus Special char and tinbot. Technically not their full AVA 4 as the Special character can be on her own. Jayth get only 2 in a box plus remote for AVA 4, plus the third and Sargosh in yet different boxes.

Going this route looks great when you consider all the Wildcards that people put into their fireteams, making an excess of models really unnecessary.

But now with this possible change, if they truly bust out some great true-core Fireteam rules - it's going to be awkwardly pricey to grab that extra model each time (or run duplicates). I think true-core all the same model Fireteams will be a great way to make use of all the SWC box contents we have and I'm all for this. But I'm curious on others thoughts please.

15. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

If you have to run unmixed fireteams to get the full bonuses, the Regular Sapper just got promoted to "uniquely good ARO piece."

Teslarod and Lesh' like this.
  16. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

like he was until the acon rework where baghmaris were allowed to join the regular core

17. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

In all liklihood the difference between wildcard/mixed teams and mono/counts as teams will be this:

Inherently a mixed team has a wider variety of tools but still not as wide as Vanilla and originally fireteams were given their bonuses to compete in the power level to which, it kind of balances...

A monoteam in this era would need a wider selection of tools, and that is likely what CB has in store for them.

18. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Still assuming "count as" Fireteams are included in the full bonus camp.
    In contrast to Wildcards and "can join X" Fireteams.

Probably needs some reclassifications though. Krit not being a Zuyong and Patsy not being an Orc comes to mind.

Abrilete and Mahtamori like this.
  19. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

I would love if we go back to good old days when fireteams core and haris were only the same trooper only with a few minor exceptions.

I don't know if they will go back to that but that missile launcher fusilier could finaly see some action again as a cheap ARO.

emperorsaistone and fari like this.
  20. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Absent other adjustments, a much more likely outcome would be that the Varuna or Sval player wouldn't use a fireteam for long-range AROs at all.

Sectorials that don't currently have good wildcard AROs aren't using line trooper AROs instead. E.g. when did you last see a Ghulam missile launcher...

Hecaton, wuji and Mahtamori like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation