1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which faction will get the Action Pack this year?

Discussion in 'News' started by burlesford, Jan 4, 2022.

?

Who do you think will get all the Action Pack attention of 2022?

1. NCA

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Acontecimento

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Imperial Service

12 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Merovingian Rapide Response Force

16 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. Caledonian Highlander Army

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bakunin Jurisdictional Command

9 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. Qapu Khalqi

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  8. Steel Phalanx

19 vote(s)
    17.3%
  9. Morat Aggression Force

23 vote(s)
    20.9%
  10. A new O12 sectorial

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  11. Tohaa

8 vote(s)
    7.3%
  12. A new NA2 sectorial

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

I can’t wait to see the haqqi stuff (my wallet can but he can shut up). The Aleph stuff will make excellent gifts too and I’m hoping to see a new Ajax. If a combined sectorial was done based on the Ur that would be great. I can imagine the new anathematic now, all scary as hell but without his head antenna breaking when I look at them wrong.

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well, the potential Ur Sectorial definitely has the most troops already in existence. Half of the Onyx is Ur in nature.
    But what actually stops CB from developing Sygmaa into a sectorial of their own?
    Or Exrach?
    Or (I know, I'm stretchin' it) Umbra?

Save for the baseline, naturally: apparently, according to CB's research, those wouldn't sell well enough to justify their creation. My proof for that being solely that if it was otherwise, they'd have done these.
    Of these three, of course, Exrach would have most traction, historically. But they are also the one distinctive flavour (never an actual Sectroial) of Combined that got discontinued.

But they definitely deserve to make a comeback, IMO.

Nuada Airgetlam and Golem2God like this.
  3. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Ya that is strange. Exrach had more units than Umbra and Sygmaa though. I think outside of Morats and Shas we won't see a single species sectorial unless it's Ur species.
    That would be an interesting choice. Maybe the Skiavos would be another good resculpt to choose.

Gwynbleidd likes this.
  4. Errhile

I think it is all about the market. If CB decides there is space to release more Combined sectorials, they will. One species, or mixed (as it was in the case of Onyx). Sure, back in the day we were told that all the Infinity troops in existence will have their relevant sectorial to belong - but I guess CB changed their mind a bit along the way. Or else, they don't think there's space for given sectorials yet.

Or, given they are a small and mostly independent company, the guy behind the fluff (was it Gutier?) decided there is no fluff-space to introduce Sygmaa / Umbra / Ur sectorial. I'm pretty sure (but that is again based on gut feeling) the Exrach was in the cards... until CB took a look at the sales figures for the existing Exrach miniatures, their production cost (increased mold wear was openly quoted by CB as one of the factors behind discontinuaton of Exrach) and decided, meh, drop the bug-people, let's stick to the Angry Apes and Stealthy Frogs. People do buy these, and we have to earn a living. Of course this would imply that there are some (at least preliminary) notes for what the Exrach sectorial was to be like (even if those are currently 2+ editons behind up-to-date).
    Fluff-wise, it would be all too easy to pull another Exrach mercantile company / corporate state, like the Concordat (exterminated by EI for trying to betray it) and Commissariat (currently performing logistical duties only on the Human Sphere theatre of operations) into the fight, and let them deploy actual ground troops...

#144 Errhile, Jan 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  5. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

People should have purchased more. :) Sales were a factor in their being discontinued.

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Errhile

Oh, definitely.
    And a factor in that, in turn, was the models were considered to be plain ugly by most of the players, if memory serves me. And some of their rules were kinda weird, back in the day.

All in all, they didn't sell well enough to be kept. They still don't - I think I've seen some sitting at the discount section of the online store I usually buy my Infinity minis from. Naturally, the fact they're unplayable since N3 - due to the lack of profiles - certainly has a factor in this.
    So, yeah. They could make a comeback. Redesigned (we've seen quite a lot of nice resculpts / redesign compared to 1ed / early 2ed original sculpts!) graphically, and given new meaning game-wise.

I believe CB could - and even should - test the waters by releasing an unit (or perhaps a character) of Exrach, and see if people will like them enough to buy them. Make them Concordat survivors (you never get all them bugs!) that hire out to the highest bidder: fluff-wise, it worked with Krakot Renegades. This will make them available to any army CB fancies, and some Sectorials too (and yes, I could definitely see people like Ikari Company or Druze Bayram Securities working with some alien cockroaches. Business is business), thus allowing for a wide testing pool.

They haven't so far, though.

7. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Pff. EZ, make them a NBW warband for 9 pts, everyone will have to buy at least one

8. Errhile

Well. They weren't like that back when the Exrach were a thing.

But they can turn out to be quite weird. The original Exrach rule said they had no Unconscius State: either fully operational, or dead like a stone (under current N4 rules, I would describe its effect as "0 Wounds & No Wound Incapacipation"). I recall one or two variants being MOV 6-2 & Superjump - back in the day when 6-2 wasn't a thing. They were also vulnerable to EM attacks which killed them (but then EM was pretty different to EM of N3. Or N4).

Now, those were the Exrach of old. Exrach of the future could be totally different (fluffwise, coming form a different genetic stock).

No, with all honesty, @Lucian - I don't want them to be something unbalanced. I'd like to see the Exrach concept revisited, and given a honest testing. That's all...

Gwynbleidd and Golem2God like this.
  9. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

I think Exrah could logically come back as a Combined Army-themed mercenary group. They’d have CA equipment & remotes, a small box of Exrah models (maybe a little more than Druze), and fill-in from whatever.

The fluff would have these guys being survivors of the purge, fighting back against the EI, with other disgruntled EI folks (separatist Shas and Morats for example)

Golem2God and Abrilete like this.
  10. Morganus

Morganus Evolved Emotional Intelligence

And the winners are... Morats!

SerPorter likes this.
  11. Errhile

I agree they could. But that's a little too much from my point of view - even Druze required a box & blister in additon to the previously existing models from other factions. And now you're saying, "a little more than Druze".

Which is why I'm saying a single unit being available to a number of sectorials & vanillas. Something people could take out and try with their existing forces, rather than starting a completely new sectorial.
    I mean, I think it is a better approach - but it is not a hill I intend to die on ;)

12. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

I have an OOP bridge for sale.

13. Gwynbleidd

I’d like to see them redone just so I could see the giant ass fly TAG again… that explodes things when it jumps in. Was a huge lump of metal…

Abrilete and burlesford like this.
  14. Gwynbleidd

It’ll sell better if you list it as either vintage old school Forgeworld or use the fabled Rogue Trader tag…

Dragonstriker likes this.
  15. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

That sounds like a good idea. Make Exrah a NA-2 sectorial with Combined Army flare would be something I'd be interested in.
    There were 4 Exrah units in the old days.
    https://human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Caskuda
    https://human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Iskaller
    https://human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Vector_Operator
    https://human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Void_Operator
    I could see a rework of these units and maybe 1 or 2 more to give Exrah linkteams.
    But you are probably right in CB first making a single Exrah unit to be used across factions.

Abrilete, Gwynbleidd and Errhile like this.
  16. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

The main issue Exrah face and there is no hiding from it is "starfish aliens" do not sell.

Caskuda was the most broken model to ever have rules and it never sold enouph to cover its cost, the volume sold of old CA Rems versus the new ones is quite dramatic.

Yes, there are a few of us who loved these models, but not enouph of us.

17. Gwynbleidd

Caskuda! That was its name. Cheers! I loved it back in the day, I still have it somewhere. Would be great if they’d done it for TAG raid considering all the gribbles they did.

It was unfortunate that not enough bought the minis to warrant keeping them but it’s understandable. I can see a single unit coming back to gauge desire for the exrah but not the full army, at least not for a while.

18. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I think Morats were already a damned good model line personally, one of my favourites in the game. Very interested in seeing the new stuff, but not convinced they needed it.

burlesford and Abrilete like this.
  19. SerPorter

SerPorter Member

so what did I Win, i am ready to recieve my price for the right answer! :)
    jokes aside, im Happy its late 2018 again but i agree that the main Morat Models are still looking great, the profiles on the other hand not so...
    hope the pointwise overpriced Sogarat will find a Place in Lists in the future and that you can do something else with morats other than shoot hardcore with a fireteam or land in the Back of your Enemy with the great Rasyat. OK Daturazis are also great...
    but a little more variety in the list building is what im hoping for

#159 SerPorter, Jan 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    Lesh', burlesford and Abrilete like this.
  20. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

If they did Exrah again, they could do a one-off Mercenary. Their background almost had them as mercenaries anyway.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation