1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAQ 1.2 Zero Visibility Zone changes

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Mahtamori, Jan 28, 2022.

1. The Holy Knight

The Holy Knight Well-Known Member

In an edition where 90% of the changes have been made to simplify the rules, this change seems to me really senseless.
    If the intent was to improve the multispectrum level 1 (which is understandable considering the low level of some factions that cannot have the level 2) it was not better to simply lower the malus from -6 to -3 of the multispectrum level 1 on the ZVZ
    in active and in reactive? Putting a rule of the same equipment that changes according to the active or reactive phase does not seem like a simplification to me.

2. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I think I've seen this suggested a couple of times, but I'm missing something in the analysis. How would the rule apply differently in the active turn vs. the reactive turn? As far as I can tell, it applies depending on whether A is shooting at B and whether B is shooting at A, regardless of whether it's A's turn or B's turn.

3. The Holy Knight

The Holy Knight Well-Known Member

The rule of multispectral liv 1. Now if you attack into, through, or out a Zero Visibility Zone you have -6 in active and -3 in reactive.
    Did I get it wrong?

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Active or reactive doesn't matter, it's when your opponent shoots your MSV1 user through the ZVZ that it becomes a Poor Visibility Zone that your MSV1 will reduce the MOD of to -3, is what the FAQ entry can be read as.

Methuselah and QueensGambit like this.
  5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

6. Mahtamori

As a note on the clarification; the clarification further reinforces the implication that the Zero Visibility Zone is treated as a Poor Visiblity Zone including for other effects. Below is a semi-realistic game example with this implication highlighted. Is the implied interaction correct?

1. Lunah Activates and declares BS Attack targeting Highlander Grey Rifles through a Zero Visibility Zone (smoke ammo) using Viral Sniper Rifle with full burst assigned.
    2. Highlander Grey Rifles declares BS Attack targeting Major Lunah using HMG assigning their burst 1.
    3. Lunah declares Move and moves along the hedge.
    4. No further ARO
    5. Deciding on positions, measuring both shots the distance is roughly 22"
    Highlander Grey is attacked through a Zero Visibility Zone which is treated as a Poor Visibility Zone and thus has LOF to Lunah as well as a -6 MOD. Highlander Grey has an effective BS of 7
    Major Lunah is attacked through a Zero Visibility Zone which is treated as a Poor Visibility Zone and thus has LOF and a -6 MOD which is reduced to -3 due to the Multi Spectral Visor L1. Major Lunah has an effective BS of 10

7. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

It was clearly stated that MSV doesn't reduce mods from PVZ while shooting through White Noise. To me the need to specify this particular interaction indicates that it works differently from MSV and smoke. So I highly believe that intention is to buff non 6S MSV1 returning fire through smoke.

8. Mahtamori

I agree that this is probably the intention or an acceptable side-effect, but the discourse I'm seeing is still a bit confused on the topic that I think it merits a clarification on its own.

9. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm all in for more clarifications. The more the better. And put as many examples on top of it as they can, including every possible scenario and combination to show us how everything is intended to work. But this is not the way CB does things. For the most park we have to guess and assume alot of stuff. And with the new interim rulings some things are as clear as it gets with CB. So even if I would love more clarifications I don't hold my breath, this might be all we get for visibility zones and MSV interactions.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation