1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taowu- has anyone used him and how did it go?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Cranky Old Man, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Hsien MR isn't an NCO. ISS has no NCO options.

2. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Oh yeah, it's the LT2 option. That still makes sense though. If you have an NCO on the table and power it with a hidden Daoying people might go out of their way to tackle a multirifle crane lurking in the backfield.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

This would require you to first condition people on the Hsien LT2 being a realistic and effective unit enough to dive on.

Not only is the Hsien LT2 unlikely to be on the table, it is also easier to deal with when it's out and moving on the table, and a Hsien itself is harder to dive on than is entirely comfortable so even if it is true you might not want to dive it anyway. Ironically, both Hsien and Taowu have problems dealing with an Al-Djabel who realises "hey, I've got a napalm machine gun, I don't need to stab someone with viral shielding and black belt in karate!"

4. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

It depends how well people know you, one thing people love to do is underestimate their opponents... "haha, I can't believe he took that awful hsien LT2 as his lt, I'm going to knock that out first, then his plan will fall apart".

I think this off-topic discussion is mostly around baiting Duroc, who doesn't really want to get in a shooting fight with a Hsien but could plausibly chew it up in cc. It would be a pretty appealing target based on cost, orders brought to the list, being a likely lieutenant and the potential damage it could do to Ariadna camo in midfield... if you did actually bait out Mirage-5 and kill Duroc with a viral pistol surprise you'd feel pretty good about it. It isn't really an argument that Taowu is generally useful, but a back and forth about how you might hide him against a specific opponent.

5. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

I’ll include him at some point in a list intended for Decapitation, Firefight, or Power Pack. In the first case he’s a good candidate to become the LT if facing down something in or near my DZ. In the other two you’re more likely to have an AD trooper in or near your DZ.

I can’t think of a reason to take him in other missions besides rule of cool…which is a good reason outside tournaments IMO

YueFei23 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation