1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what happens to peripherals(control) if spearhead enters null state?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Lesh', Sep 28, 2020.

1. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Okay if Unconscious doesn't remove the Spearhead token, then I think the main remaining question is this:
    Do Disconnected Peripherals(Control) "activate" along with their controller and provoke AROs even though they are in a Null State?

RAW they appear to - but this is both unintuitive and not the way anyone I know plays. There is a massive gameplay difference overall between the way people assume Peripheral (Control) works, which is fairly favorable to those playing with the units, and the way it actually may work in N4 RAW, which is a significant nerf. I feel this may not be fully settled until it is FAQ'd

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Okay, sure, I'll add that question or something similar to it.

3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

That's my opinion as well, but did @ijw confirm it? I remember he answered something about spearhead coherency, but I don't recall an answer to the scenario where the speadhead is unconscious. And I don't see it in the Answered Questions list either :-) - it probably belongs there if @ijw has answered it.

But don't worry about it until you're healthy! I had covid a couple of weeks ago and there's no way I was putting any thought into anything in that state :-( Hope you're doing ok.

Lawson likes this.
  4. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

I think the thread you may be referring to is this one:
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/understanding-peripheral-control.39322/#post-424942

As far as I could tell, IJW's ruling was only in reference to coherency re-forming the control group at the end of the order, but it didn't address the speculation made by @kinginyellow in the original post that Unconsciousness wouldn't remove the Spearhead token.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation