1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Good Guys Wear Orange - An RTF Blog

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Grotnib, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Cadwallon

Cadwallon Well-Known Member

To this day, only test zhayedan haris for active turn and i'm Happy with It. Need to test more.

Zhayedan Hmg as main shooting / long distancie.
    Zhayedan rifle for mid/close distancie.
    Zhayedan doc, for cqb, healing partners and doing missions.

Ignore cover became very useful, at least in my meta. Most troops look for cover, but not all enemy troopers has negative mods to shoot (like cammo).

Cheers.

2. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

I know it’s not big deal, but I totally missed that Zhayedans had marksmanship. Does this change anyones outlook on these forgotten trench coats?

Maybe I’m late to the party, but I thought the only Core worth its weight in RTF was JANS, but Zhayedans have me adjusting my glasses now.

#242 sololobo, Jan 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    Grotnib likes this.
  3. Grotnib

Grotnib Well-Known Member

Pound for pound, Zhayedans are the best gunfighters in RTF, thanks to Marksmanship! This means that they're pseudo-BS15 troops, and a single Immortal can put out firepower that's usually found in Fireteams... Sure, you can go all in and outfit an entire Core of these elite soldiers, but I've found that usually single Zhayedans are plenty enough, or you could build a reasonably costed Haris that hits like a Core of other troops, just like @Cadwallon suggested!

Don't quote me on this, but I remember HeadChime once writing that he did the numbers on what units are the best bets for winning face to face gunfights in Vanilla Haqqislam, and only Knauf got overall better numbers against a variety of targets than the (lone) HMG Zhayedan! The heavy weapon wielding Immortal is also my favorite active Lieutenant choice! So not that forgotten... ;)

sololobo likes this.
  4. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

Ha! Glad I was onto something. Sweet! Looks like I’ll be painting a HMG, 2x Snipers, and 2x Rifles. I’ve always wanted to use these guys. RTF is slowly revealing itself to be a bit more desirable.

#244 sololobo, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  5. Cadwallon

Cadwallon Well-Known Member

Zhayedan Hmg has shock bullets. Not always useful, but if enemy doesnt inmunity to hit, es very useful. Help to kill some enemies and avoid doctoring.

Cheers

sololobo likes this.
  6. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

My meta is very sniper-heavy, so when I fielded two Zhayedan's with MSR covering each other (supported by a full link of cheaper/utility wild cards like Rhouhani, Yara and Leila) really gave my opponent a headache

sololobo likes this.
  7. Grotnib

8. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Grotnib and Urobros like this.
  9. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the new content! Thank you again for making all this and sharing with the community.

Golem2God, Grotnib and Urobros like this.
  10. Grotnib

Wizzy, Cadwallon and Brokenwolf like this.
  11. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Great Article! I love it when people discuss their thought process when developing their lists. Like PandaBeastMode mentioned, there are various approaches and it gives great insight into one's playstyle and philosophy.

While they write about Vanilla Yujing, it is general enough that it can be applied to various factions. Thank you again for providing this to the community.

Grotnib and Golem2God like this.
  12. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Agreed. I too enjoy reading them. It can be an eyeopener and make you think outside of your box when you go back to the drawing board.
    @Grotnib And you sir Grot have a great thread & blog. You have great looking army to boot as well. Thank you for providing this information to us.

Grotnib likes this.
  13. Grotnib

The pleasure was all mine! Thanks for the great feedback! :)

Great to hear you found the article helpful and thank you for your high praises about the blog! <3 I know I'm a very simple painter, but it's okay because I consider myself a gamer first, a gamer second, a lore enthusiast third, and a painter distant fourth! I've aimed to create a distinct look that I enjoy, and I'm hoping that by illustrating the articles with my not-very-stellarly-painted-models I can in a small way encourage others in the community to feel a bit less anxious about sharing their own work ! :)

Danger Rose and Golem2God like this.
  14. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

You certainly have encouraged me by your work.
    I'm a hobbist first, lore enthusiast second, painter & player last. But I hope to do better in all categories. Especially the last two.
    You are welcome. And thank you for the compliment.

Grotnib likes this.
  15. Urist

Urist Well-Known Member

That was a nice new article, it's cool seeing in-depth listbuilding philosophy for Yu Jing. Sometimes a change in perspective can really help analyze your own options and actions. I noticed it's sometimes hard to find tactica/sectorial information that isn't from back in N3, especially this detailed.

Yeah, Zhayedans are great. Ignoring cover is sooo important against some opponents, and it makes them very reliable shooters for me. In good rangebands hitting on 15s, 18s in a full core fireteam. Running the HMG lieutenant as a solo attack piece has gone well for me.

16. Grotnib

What is this; articles on consecutive weeks?! This one's been a while in the making, and it's finally time to offer my two cents on the Basic Tactical Postures (aka "Stances") a newer player might want to switch between while playing their games!

Uthoroc, Wizzy, Danger Rose and 2 others like this.
  17. Grotnib

I know this is a bit out of my usual release schedual, but I decided to publish this piece as soon as it was finished, as it's been a while since I've put out anything new! It's finally time to return to the good old Unit Focus series as this week I want to share my thoughts about the Beasthunters in RTF!

Danger Rose, Wizzy and Brokenwolf like this.
  18. Uthoroc

Uthoroc Well-Known Member

I played my first mission (Capture & Protect) with Ramah Task Force last night, trying to keep at least some of all your great tactical lessons in mind. :D

I faced Foreign Company, with a defensive Kaplan Core Fireteam, an agressive Haris of Orc HMG with Valkyrie and Senhor Massacre, and an Überfallkommando in the second combat group.

It being the first time for me to play Fireteams at all (so far I only played Vanilla Haqqislam), I tried to keep it simple and went with a Ghulam Core Fireteam for defense, a Haris of a Zhayeadan HMG plus Yara Hadad and Rahman Rouhani, and a Namurr as a single second attack piece. My List.

My most valuable trooper turned out to be the Tuareg Hacker though, who managed to Carbonize the ORC HMG and blunt the attack of that Haris team (my opponent was goign first) on my left flank. Valkyrie killed the Tuareg, but not before he fulfilled by Classified (Telemetry) and then tried to take up the slack, but only managed to kill a single Ghulam and my Naffatûn before dying to overwhelming defensive fire. On the right flank the Überfallkommando advanced, but didn't have the orders to attack anythign yet.

In my first turn counterattack, the Haris team managed to take Senhor Massacre and the Orc (plus a Warcor), while the Namurr killed the Chimaera, ending the threat on the right flank.

In his second turn, my opponent, had to de-camp his Kaplan Core and spent almost all of his orders getting it to my left flank. He killed Rouhani and Yara Hadad, but the Zhayedan dodged into close combat, went down and regenerated at the end of the round.

I then badly messed up my second turn, by trying to engange his Kaplans with my Ghulam core team, only managing to get my Missile Launcher killed and everyone else badly out of position. The only positive thing was that the Namurr put down one of the Kaplans. Oh, and the Zhayedan went down and stood up again.

Seeing that he was still down 0-1, my opponent took the Kaplans and went all out to reach my beacon. My remotes and the Ghulam No.2 put up a spirited defense, but eventually he managed to grab the beacon with his last order.

Killing the Kaplan holding the beacon was easy, but to actually win the game, I now had to get to his beacon some way or another, but my options were limited. The Zhayedan was closest, but still in close ecombat with a zero, and promptly went down (for the last time) trying to extricate himself. I then tried to reach it on the other side with my Ghulam lieutenant, who managed to tank a mine that was in the way, but then fell to the lonely second Zero defending the beacon.

So the game on a low score 1-1 draw, but that was certainly not RTF's fault. They performed admirably, and with a little better handling by their commander (especially in turn 2), they really should have been able to take home the win. :D

Here's the table after my first turn:
    [​IMG]

#258 Uthoroc, Feb 17, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  19. Grotnib

Great to hear about your experiences @Uthoroc , love your models and the sweet table you've got going! <3 Don't be so hard on yourself; from my experience RTF is a very powerful Sectorial, but getting the most out of all their options requires alot of work and dedication! Keep fighting the good fight, and let us know how things proceed! :)

20. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Sounds like you had a really fun game! Don’t worry about any mistakes made, as long as you enjoy yourself it’s fine and sometimes the dice gods just aren’t on your side. I literally got all my Aleph slaughtered by a charontid recently. Was hilarious in all fairness… The board looks great with you, nicely done!

#260 Gwynbleidd, Feb 18, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    Uthoroc and Danger Rose like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation