1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ajax in vanilla

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Keith, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

Hello all.

I was wondering if anyone likes/has had success with Ajax in vanilla N4? Especially the forward deployment version.

I love this guy and I see great potential (no pun intended) in his ability, especially as a cc beast. But I’ve always had a hard time investing in an impetuous unit that expensive. He still has a lot of survivability but 40ish points on something with shorter range abilities that can’t claim cover is tough. In SP he has smoke and fireteam delivery system to keep him safe.

that’s why I think in vanilla the forward deployment makes more sense even though it’s more expensive. It gets home closer to the enemy and if you’re going second he can be a nasty speed bump. I see him as similar to Mendoza in some aspects. Not a direct comparison but similar in how he can be used as a deterrent and an effective attack piece.

So what are your thoughts on the jolly rage giant? :)

2. Drey

Drey Well-Known Member

I've tried him out a fair bit in vanilla with the FD version and I can say that it def has its problems against really any list that has decent hacking capability, but at the same time aleph lacks great infil/fd units so I find him very useful and his durability makes him a good pick for running facelong into an enemy TAG and ripping it to pieces. I generally deploy him last to avoid giving someone an easy hack on him, but i'll also try to deploy my Mk2 hacker next to him so that he has at least a little protection. If you play him right where people have to get close to see him then you can have alot of fun with just dodging him around places into CC.

3. Methuselah

Methuselah Well-Known Member

I've ran him as my Lt in decapitation. I think he's very survivable compared to most of alephs very obvious Lt options. He just hid in my back line. Still, he'd be weak to missile attacks, but I think all of alephs Lts have that issue.

4. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Kestril likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation