1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPECULATION: What Would we like in a Revised QK?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Brokenwolf, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I think much depends on what one defines a "society" as.

Then again, Druze Shock Teams are the only unit in game with "Druze" in its name, and that specific style of logo (Arslan's logo is a variant on the Druze's. Plus, he's just one character).
    If memory serves me, Druze Shock Teams were described in the fluff (N2, so bear with me) as the units formed by the Druze organized crime syndicate - which would imply they form no other units out of their available manpower pool. Although this argument would befit a DBS-specific discussion (and was raised in such): it would be making sense to have Druze-specific lighter, perhaps less professional unit (representing less experienced, less tough members of the Druze Society enforcers, kinda Shock Teams-in-training). As well as - possibly more elite-like - Druze Heavy Infantry in power armors. Alas, there aren't such, and introducing them without raising the bar on SKU count (as of now, Druze have only one DBS-specific SKU: Arslan. Druze Shock Teams are present in QK, DBS, Ikari and vanilla Haqq after all) would be difficult - but not impossible (take sensible existing units, slap on a few Druze-specific profiles that don't need representation with extra models, and we could call it a day...)

2. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

I already have Odalisques with NWI; so, I would just humbly request them to have:
    - a Doctor or Paramedic profile
    - Biometric Visors
    - Natural Born Warrior
    Thank you.

3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

How about a bunch of Hafza profiles with various crazy Tinbots. So the whole fireteam would have some random benefit that was hidden from the opponent (CB would have to clarify the holomask rules to ensure that holomask can hide the presence of a tinbot).

Tinbot(MSV2)? What's that, you walk through smoke? All my Janissaries shoot at you.

Tinbot(Mimetism)
    Tinbot(Hacking device)

...Tinbot(Holomask)?

Danger Rose likes this.
  4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

It would be a very powerful addition, and - given Fireteams are available only in sectorials - available solely to QK.

But do we want to open that particular Pandora's Box? I mean, if Hafza get stuff like Mimetism TinBots, MSV TinBots, Hacking Device TinBots, Holomask TinBots, sooner or later somebody else will get these as well.

As for Holomask hiding the presence of a TinBot - rules, as I understeand them, are a piece of equipment, not a model. There is no rule saying they have to be physically represented on table - and some people even put TinBots on the same base as the model itself. CB including TinBot models with miniature sets is just a gimmick.
    Therefore, no rule saying it can't hide under a Holomask, AFAIK.

It would be opening a can of worms, though:
    - I shoot at your Janissary fireteam, targetting the HMG guy.
    - Sure man, apply -3 to hit due to Mimetism -3.
    - I don't recall Janissaries having Mimetism...?
    - Yup, Janissaries don't have mimetism. Apply the modifier though.
    - What the heck...?

Quite like with the early N4 and Moran Massai Camo variant carrying Repeaters (can I hack through a repeater on a Camo Marker? Is the Camo Marker going to de-camouflage if I do- even though it is not doing anything?). As you remeber, CB had to amend it by creating different Moran profiles - those with Repeaters lost Camouflage, those with Camouflage lost repeaters.
    Some rules do interact in a weird way if put on the same model.

My personal pet peeve with TinBots is how they are supposed to work fluffwise (rules-wise we can introduce any rule, it doesn't need a realistic / beliveable base) when they affect the entire Fireteam. With anti-Hacking TinBots I can turn a blind eye - quantum computing (and as we are being told, basically all Infinity computers are based on quantum mechanics) is something so far beyond my grasp I can't wrap my head around it. So, handwavium. I can live with that - just assume quantum mechanics / quantum computing can do that.

But how can such a TinBot provide advantages of Mimetism, or Albedo, or MSV to an entire squad of troops it accompanies - that is beyond me.
    Having checked the current state of things, there are, actually, several cases of TinBot Firewall in the game, but only one TinBot: Discover +3 (Atalnta's spotbot bunny. Atalanta is not linkable) and one Tinbot: Albedo (Overdron Batdroid has both TinBot: Firewall and Tinbot: Albedo. It is not linkable, either). In both cases of non-Firewall TinBots, my guess is these are a result of CB's artistic choice to include cute little models with the actual model...

5. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Well, seems like it won't be QK after all... I'm kinda sad.

Robock likes this.
  6. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I was hoping so too, but at least the new fireteam changes breathe new life into the sectorial. Having two Haris and more link flexibility is really nice.

Robock likes this.
  7. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

2 Haris, 1 core of three, 3 Al'Hawwas, 2 YuanYuan and some random guy and you are set :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    I hope the HB army box will have some Ghulams and some miniatures that I can convert to Hafzas or Sekban.

8. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Can't Holomask as things that use Markers. Timbots are markers.

9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I am not sure if Tinbots are markers, they can be represented as models or Markers.

10. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Holomask state explicitly lists Tinbots as one of the pieces of equipment that the user can't replicate.

Anyway, it doesn't matter since, surprisingly, CB didn't implement my brilliant Tinbot-based Hafza rework proposal.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation