1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance FAQ - Submit your questions here!

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Feb 4, 2021.

1. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

That is what it is saying. If the piece of equipment has two location icons, you have to use two backpack icons to put it in the backpack.

Characters are allowed to swap equipment when the rules say they can. During a scenario, the Equip action (either taken directly or performed as the result of interacting with a container) allows adjacent characters to swap equipment. I don't see anything at the moment preventing you from exchanging the tagged starting equipment in Equip, although there is a prohibition against trading automedikits.

Between missions, that second paragraph of Check Equipment allows all of the characters to exchange equipment, software and loot cards. Note that the paragraph in the rules has the qualifier "except those tagged with their name".

Lucian, Abrilete, JoKeR and 1 other person like this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Croepoek likes this.
  3. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

I will give an advice to the Defiance Team about this.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  4. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Hello guys,

Sorry for the delay on replying, but you caught us on vacation time.

Regarding the tiles problem, we're still waiting the replacement tiles from the manufacturer. As soon as we have an estimated date, we'll make a proper update to inform you all.

About the FAQ's, we'll collect the new questions arised a publish an update of the FAQ's soon, but I cannot give you a date about it, sorry.

Thank you for your patience and understanding :)

5. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Our group cannot get to a consensus on how Console inputs work. Do you need to assign first symbol of input before assigning second?
    Let's say we got (from example on p.18 rulebook):
    :3::1:
    :1:
    :2:

Can you assign :1: to the first input if you don't have :3:? Or it always first symbol, then second, then third, etc.?

6. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I hope not, it would be almost impossible to hack consoles.
    The way we've been playing it, you just assigns the simbols to the consoles in whichever order you prefer, filling the rows until you have assigned all of the results from the dice, and then you see if something activates as a result or you need to keep hacking the console to add more simbols. We don't care about the order.

7. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Clergy - Acolyte lvl2. Is this a correct wording? Nothing missed here?
    How does it work? When gain AGGRO - Can rotate card; When rotate card - can save ONE symbol on card. That is correct? Who would ever use something so convoluted?
    [​IMG]

8. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Reverend Healer/Medic (Doctor/First Aid skill):
    Heal X:4: to an adjacent character at the end of Activation. Are they adjacent to themselves? Can they heal themselves?

9. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

I hesitated to post, as I haven't played Defiance yet, but as a Magic player, I found the card easy to read, so... Well, here it is.

There is only one colon in the text, you do and apply the conditions before the colon in order to access the second part. So, when you gain aggro, rotate this card in order to save a symbol. Basically, the card lets you save up to two symbols, but only one symbol per turn.

Abrilete likes this.
  10. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

The thing is - you only gain AGGRO for attacking once per activation (unless it's designed to combine with previous skill for taking ally aggro and heal; but then you have no roll and nothing to save) and by next activation (next turn) card would be straight again anyway. Why that unnececary step then? Feels like something missing again.

11. Abrilete

You can also gain aggro when activating consoles, and after you reach alert level... 4, or something like that, you gain 2 aggro when you hack a console.

12. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

I can hardly imagine anyone running around with Kusanagi hacking consoles...
    It's just weird. Not only you can store a whole ONE symbol per turn, but also have to fulfill a condition to bo able to do that. Maybe someone with Spanish cards can check if it's the same in their version.

13. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Yes, after research, I had the idea to look at the first specialty of loot: Salvager in English and Chatarrera in Spanish (found in the Spanish faq), I have entered Chatarrera in google translation and in the results found, I have:
    - Junkyard
    - scrap dealer
    - scrap merchant

Scrap... Scrapper, I think we have a translation error here, which did not retake the term Salvager in the glossary of the game.

14. Abrilete

Yes, it is "mostly" the same: if I were to literally translate the first line it would say something like "Whenever you gain any amount of [aggro symbol]". So althought there is just a small difference with the words used, mechanically it works the same way.

Alfy and Lucian like this.
  15. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

There are also Enemies AI cards that gives Aggro to the Characters, just to say...

Remember that "Symbols" are the one on the dice: :2::1::3::7::8:.

Abrilete likes this.
  16. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Nope, not crits
    [​IMG]

Regarding getting AGGRO from enemy istructions - card will not work. You can only rotate to store at the moment WHEN YOU GET AGGRO, which means you need a roll at the same time so you have something to store. Which limits card to attack (and ONLY if you inflict wounds), interacting with console and MAYBE when enemy drops aggro and attacks at the same time. Such limitations make this card utter rubbish.

#216 Lucian, Jan 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  17. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Well-Known Member

Do you really need to roll in this case? IMHO, it's just you get aggro from any source - you get small buff.
    You need to remove die if you store from roll, which isn't case here.

18. Abrilete

I'd say that, unless specified, you apply the general "Store Symbols" rule. Because of that, you need first to do a "Character Roll".

19. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Well-Known Member

I'd say that, general "store symbols" rule allows you to put symbols on card and use it later. Usually you save symbols from roll, but that's not the case, so nothing is related to the roll. You have another symbol-generator on that card, and it's when you get aggro.

My opinion is based on fact that it is not first case of spanglish or bad wording or mistakes (Aim Bot, lol).
    And also that in my reading of rules that card is nice, on lvl2 power level. If we use reading with that dog and pony show of getting agro and having roll simultaneously, thigs get much more complicated, close to unplayable case. You get aggro after inflicting wounds, which happens after resolving combat roll, or before you would choose your roll for console, immediately after you touched it. It still may be case of getting agro during combat roll, if you had inflicted wound by switch, but that seems highly unlikely to be the case.

20. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Demo rulebook pdf has an entry in Allies - Remotes, saying that you can redeploy killed Remote if it has any Wounds left. Printed rulebook never mentions any of that. Can you redeploy them? (Previous FAQ only addressed redeployment if controller falls unconsious)
    [​IMG]

piecoo likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation