1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hassassin Bahram TAG

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Keyrott, Feb 6, 2018.

1. zappod

zappod Active Member

It should be light and fast - Camo / TO-Camo or MSV2 but only 2 STR

2. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Ahh yes, that post is quite too old for my memory^^

Contrary too your reasoning, that it should be a dedicated fire support platform, I dont like that idea, because thats what every other faction has and what would make HB more similar to them. Thats why I advocated for a CQB TAG with very limited or even no long range options.

3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Unfortunately light and fast TAGs are PanO territory; Haqq might have to stick with either Ramhorn (Scarface's TAG) - fast, but large, or Anaconda - smaller, lighter, but also slower.

I understand the reasoning, but I disagree; I highly doubt Hassassins wouldn't send in a TAG to do a Fiday's job.

4. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Its not there to take out a specific target or stress out an opponent psychologically like a Fiday, its there to clear an area and hold it. Yes, we have the Asawira Haris for that too, but the TAG is for the specific missions and also to have something slightly more durable and a centerpiece in the Sctorial.

5. zappod

zappod Active Member

and or climbing plus

6. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Let's not underestimate how stealthy a group of well-trained soldiers armed with explosives and a score of support weaponry can be. Until their target races skywards, that is. Military history is full of examples.

In some scenarios the fact that your black ops group of muybs/asawiras reaches the filed at all can be seen as a testament of that since it's not always their own territory or frontline.

7. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Very true. I think I should have written my concession to this fact in stronger terms... However, I thought that with some exceptions related to defensive response teams or conflicts with the Combined, most Infinity forces fielded supposed to be black ops, plausible deniability units and the like who are inserting and deploying all of their heavy hardware in locations like those you propose. Is it not the case that other factions (and even "vanilla" Haqqislam) are managing to deploy their TAGs in a relatively clandestine manner? I can understand the Bahram not having access to Maghariba units and having no access to any TAGs at all for some time because one that suits their needs simply has not yet been developed. Either way, I don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility for the Bahram to gain a TAG at some point in the future.

8. kharazyr

kharazyr Member

Just to add some crazy ideas to this... (i mean, i think a stronger HI suits better) what about a parachute TAG? I can imagine it landing in middle of the fun and deploying with it some crazykoala - ish things, creating the panic required to assassinate with style with other troops... maybe it suits more than a camo tag? i mean, a tag is still a big thing, assassins are trying to sneak even in narrow places, sounds like is not usefull for me bringing a mega armor to a sneaking mission, but whatever, i'd deploy a big one from the air, wth

9. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Did someone say Cascuda? It was removed from a game for a reason ;)

But something like AD Anaconda might work.

#49 Stiopa, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Icchan likes this.
  10. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

From what I remember about Hassassin fluff Stealth is optional or unecessary depending on the goal for the mission. Hassassins make people disappear as often as they publicly execute them in broad daylight.
    So maybe a fast surgical strike TAG would suit their needs better. Fast and deadly, not necesarily all that resilient.

Icchan likes this.
  11. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Let's not think of the Caskudas, probably one of the main reasons that caused My 100% Exrah Army of 300 / 400 Euros (minus Paintjob Trials and countless Hours of customizing and devising) went directly flushed down the Toilet. . .!!

But checking the old concept of the Shaasvastii "Sphinx" (a Stealth Powersuit specifically built for clandestine Terror Attacks) provide it will not be nerfed or disappeared or totally changed by the upcoming "New Shas Styles" or the Pan-Oceanian Varuna's Cutter (a specially done "Navy Seals" Unit) could be useful to check the viability of a Tactical Armoured Gear for the operations of the Bahram. . .

Or could be something totally different. . .

After all, even if the main stickth of the Hashashins is "Stealth Recon + Silent Eliminations" when they are fully deployed in force some kind of "Distraction" will be needed to place properly all those nice Lasiq Snipers and Fidays Assassins. . .

If You are good to employ Muybs raining down a torrent of Smart Missiles and Antitank Rockets to have the loudest distraction possible, then why not something also able to receive as much punishment as it could dish. . .

The gist of the Problem is that Background say "Haqqislam have JUST the Tech Savyness to have Magharibas" but then Haqqislam started the new trend of the "Superheavy Powersuits" that blurs the lines between a very "Ultralight T.A.G." (such as the Ariadnan Blackjack) and a particularly heavily armed / armoured Powered Armour Infantry (such as the aforementioned Haqqislamite Azrails and the Ahl Fassed, or the Nomads-made Tunguskan "Kriza Boracs" and Bakunin's Taskmaster). . .

Why not take the yet extant Azrail or Ahl Fassed kind of "Superheavy Frame" (the Haqqislamite ones in the Fluff are descrbed as relatively cheap, available and reliable, as far Vintage Surplus Army Gear goes) and add even MORE Armour Plates (maybe some of the nice Ariadnan-made Teseum exchanged with Viral Rounds for the Merovingian "Loup Garous" or other more esotheric "Silk Based Medtech" !!) and even more loud, devastating Weapons (such as shoulder-mounted Rocket Pods and / or a reliable, vintage Vulcan Gatling Gun with a nice, large reinforced Ammo Tank on the back). . .

. . . . .

In this manner even a stealthy "Flyer Insertion" by some kind of Haqqislamite Stealth Vtol (and I do NOT want to believe that the Bahram does NOT have the best available Stealth Vehicles of Bourak !!) would not have the same problems of deploying a four-legged walking-spidertank monstruosity, but rather just a single relatively Man-Sized Infantryman with the same mass / volume ratio as a couple of Janissaries / Sekbans. . .

The slow, cumbersome "Superheavy Shocktrooper" start to pound the enemy defensive perimeter, drawing their Artillery Support and "Heaviest Hitters" and then You have all the diversion that is needed to park a Lasiq on a nearby Radar Tower, drop Ragik Support Gunners on an unprotected rear echelon flank or deploy Muyibs to slit throats until they reach their inteneded target (such as a puny, coward Corporate Director quaking behind its Armoured Office Door and trembling at the sound of the explosions caused by the "Big Gunner"). . .

That kind of unit could have also a poetic Haqqislamite Surnames such as "Simùn" or "Ghiblis" the desert winds that scours North Africa and the Arab Peninsula and are said to "Strip The Flesh Of An Unprotected Man Until Bare Bones Remains". . . . .!!!

12. loki

loki Active Member

The main issue with a TAG in Bahram is it's pretty much stated that Haqqislam doesn't have the money for it. The Maghariba is old tech, specifically made by PanO for Haqqislam and their budget - and given to the Al Medinat, who get the best funding. Not to mention the Hassasins approach tends to be 'loudly, publicly kill and maybe escape' doesn't really gel with a faction that can barely afford old tech TAGs as it is, let alone throw them away.

13. zappod

zappod Active Member

When I am thinking about Haqqislam I am always reminded of Dune. Shure Haqqislam didn't have a coalition of states and there ressources behind them when they started and only now have one Planet which is not ideal for habitation. However they have the only source of most likely the most valuable ressource in the human universe. A big difference compared to the wealth of other planets would also be that while some planets would be rich of some materials - spacetravel is quite expensive and it just wouldn't be worth shipping and trading it through out the universe.

If you take that into account - shouldn't the Haqqislam state become the most wealthy over time? Shure they start with lower tech compared to other big players who where also in the game before them - but I just can't accept the "Haqqislam isn't wealthy enough for Hightech" on the long run.

Compare it to the rich oil states today - while they don't have the infrastructure in place to construct high end military equipment themselfs - they became quite rich in a short time period and there are enough developers of named high end equipment who are quite happy to sell it for the right price.
    More so when you could thereby ensure accsess of named high valuble resscoures for your party.
    When you then take into account how Pan-O and Yu Jing are competing they should fight themselfs over tech deals with Haqqislam.

emperorsaistone likes this.
  14. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Over time? Probably.

After they finish terraforming Bourak in a couple of centuries and no longer have to re-invest that capital.

Any nation should be wary of becoming dependent on another nation for a singular supply line. In fact, it may be of benefit to limit access internally to those who are of benefit to society (By which I mean those who are in charge) regardless of it's actual availability. Because of that they should attempt to retard Haqqislam's growth as much as possible for that future showdown.

15. stevenart74

There is another possibility that I did not evidenced before; Haqqislam is at the FOREFRONT of the Genetic / Biotech Developements in the Human Sphere, technically unrivaled between any of the Hyperpowers and surpassed just by the "Trustworthy Alien Allies" of the Tohaa (that would profit much to disclose some "Old, Vintage Bio-Researches" for Goodwill or some nice Silk Shipments). . .

Even if in the Nomad Mothership of Bakuni there are the terryfying Black Labs of Praxis, where desperate / stupid "Chimera Wannabes" (that failed to achieve "Stardom" in the fleeting, vacuous "Vaudeville Neo-Hollywood" and MEANINGFUL employement in ANY of the unnerable "Weirdo Freakshow Modules") are transformed into nightmarish Hybrid Gladiator Slaves, those are ALMOST all "Customized Personal One-Of-A-Kind" works, usually by very competing and competitive "Dr. Moureau" Mad Scientists. . .

But in Haqqislam EVERY Bio-Enhancement Program is tested, developed, refined, structured in safe protocols and re-tested again; in that manner there is the Super-Athleticism of the "Red Turban" Khawarjis, the Regeneration of the Djanzaban and the incredible Defensive Prowess of the Odalisque (whose Enhanced Reflex Response and Subdermal Armour Plating could be TOTALLY Biotech and not some sort of "Implanted Plasti-Metal Cyberware") amongst many others. . .

It could be inferred that even the extra Prowess of some of the best "Specimens" between the Elites of the Hashashin Bahram could be the result of some side-applications of the "Runihura" Super-Soldier Program. . .

It could be said that for faithful Haqqislamite the "Human Body" is sacred, and while the "Silk Enhancements" could be just some "Tweaking, Refining at Best" of the natural aptitudes that "Allah, the Wise and the Provider" had yet programmed into specific gifted character, there is NOTHING that will contradict in the illuminated wisdom of Prophet Khadivar, the Genetic Manipulation of "Lesser Beasts". . .

From the "Outrage Manga" we have yet the knowledge that in Bourak, in the arida Hunzakut Homeland, there are big, nasty Alpha Predator Big Cats, the "Desert Lions" called "Sakht"; these are an endangered specie (at least judging from the words of the protagonist, the Sniper Knauf) so it could be a given that Haqqislamite Biotechs would have cloned and stored their precious D.N.A. and would even try some modified "Re-Population Program" with Vat-Grown Cubs (much as in our Real World is tried with Syberial Tigers and the almost extinct Northern Breed of African White Rhinos !!). . .

Now just imagine some enterprising Haqqislamite Military Doctor / Chief Gene-Engineer that is in cahoots with the "Old Man Of The Mountain", and then imagine that some of these "Sakht Clones" are diverted in a secret facility in the deepest recesses of Alamut, where the most promising specimens are feed with Steroid and Growth Ormones, and maybe even further Gene-Spliced with the Ariadnan Antipodes Stem Cells (so to have enhanced intelligence, pheromone suscectibility and variable posture between Quadraped and Pseudo-Humanoid) and also, after being grown to the desired size, they are surgically grafted with Viral Venom Glands in the (Mono-Edged ?) claws, a Toxic Caustic Poison in the Bite and maybe some Added Organic Plating in Armour (either / both Subdermal and Exoskeletal). . .

The "Fur" of the beast could also be laced to be able to mimic the surroundings such as in a Chameleon / Octopus Manner to have a "Natural T.O. Camo" effect and the natural Stealth Aptitudes of a Big Feline Alpha could give the "Perfect T.A.G.-styled" weapon of mass destruction for the Hashashins. . .

Danger Rose and oldGregg like this.
  16. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Excellent dissertation on Haqq's Bio-Engineering programs. I have nothing to back it up, but I always saw the Subdermal Armor of the Odalisques as Bio-Engineered rather than Surgically Implanted as well. I even factor in that NWI is a pre-requisite to succesfully bond with the Subdermal Armor (and the reason why it's not widely available to every troop profile).

And did you just offer the idea of a Natural Giant Cat to compete with Yu Jing's artificial one and Ariadna's Dog-Centric theme? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

stevenart74 likes this.
  17. zappod

zappod Active Member

Dunno I personally don't like the Adriana Werewolfs and the "Knights" of Pan-O that stuff is just too much for me. This would also sound a bit too much for my personal tast - but could be right in the corner of CB's tast.

18. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Well, those rules tohether may or may not be a representation of a single complex of modifications odalisques go through. Or born with. Or maybe it's just an advanced LHost, plausible since it's a commonly used (for that level of expense) tech anyway.

19. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I'm getting slightly off-topic, but I have an observation to make:

The Tohaa do have Cube tech. I don't think we were told they do not have LHost / Resurrection tech.
    Same applies to the Combined Army.
    We were however told that Silk is necessary to have a consciousness adapt into a LHost.

Conclusion: both Tohaa and EI are bound to have either access to Silk (from another source than Bouraq), technology that allows resleeving without Silk, or a Silk-analog, either natural or synthetic.
    This, in turn means Haqq monopoly on Silk is temporary: alternate solutions do exist, just not in the Human Sphere. Yet.
    Also, Silk is going to be of limited value to Tohaa, since - as mentioned above - they do have their own solution to the problem we solve with Silk.

20. stevenart74

@Danger Rose. . .

Added the "Sakht Al'Tazar" (very roughly translated from Arab in "Barracuda Sakhts") Project to the growing list of the R.P.G.-related Concept Art that I'm busy preparing. . .

Maybe this sort of "Bioengineered Death Machine" could be a little risky to deploy for "Final Testing" in Bourak proper. . .

Luckily there is a small Mercenary Compact, based in Planet Dawn, that JUST comprise some very "Radical Elements" of the Hashashin Bahram (along with other "Oddballs" between the "Elites" of the Sword Of Allah !!) that have a nice isolated, privately owned Islamd Compound where all manners of "Mercs Tech" is developed and battle-tested. . .

(Shameless plug towards my "Minotaurs Brigade" idea). . .

And, maybe the infamous, and renowned, Sand Cats would like a nice "Biotech Pet" to keep on their Caravanserary and Starships. . . . . just as an "Household Vermin Hunter" obviously; those pesky Spy Mini-Drones, employed by the Main Hyperpowers for "Espionage & Sabotage" purposes could be a pain in the rear to follow in Air Ducts and Maintenance Tubes. . . . .!!!

. . . . .

About how could be represented as Proxy Miniatures on the Tabletop check the Internet for the "Ferox Mounts" for the Skorne Army of Hordes by Privateer Press; THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT of other Game Company products, just a take on how could be properly done a similar stuff as a "Mutant Desert Cat Monster" created by competent Miniature Sculptors. . .

Should one decide to stick to Corvus Belli stuff the Symbiobeasts of the Tohaa have enough "Apex Predator Feline" vibe to them; just file off the Horns, take away the "Cyber-Implanted Saddle" and paint the "Dinosaur Head" as a sort of external mounted "Bio Plate Armour" and it could be good to go. . .

A good paint coat could be good to represent "Chameleon Stealth Fur" as opposed to "Alien Reptile Carapace". . .

They are a little smaller to resemble even an "Hashashin Anti-T.A.G. Bioweapon" but repositioning one to be rearing up to slash a foe and maybe enlarge a little the Shoulder-Mass and the rear legs and SHOULD be of the "Right Silhouette Size". . . . .

Danger Rose likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation