1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hector in vanilla and SP

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Keith, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

I love this guy on paper, especially the plasma rifle LT+1 order. I know there are other “better” gunfighters and he’s quite expensive.

He really brings a lot of interesting things to the table. For those of you who also like this guy, do you like using him in Vanilla or SP better?

He has a nice support setup in both. Obviously fireteam bonuses are nice. But then you have to build a team around him to use them effectively. Both options also have CoC vanilla option being cheaper with counterintelligence too. Not that the Myrm officer is bad by any means.

Besides the fact that plasma is wicked in N4, he just feels like one of those sci fi hero’s that beats up some aliens then picks up one of their laser rifles and starts reeking havoc!

I do wish he had bs14+ or marksmanship or something like that that helped him complete better with other 70pt models and their high end skills. X-visor is nice though. Especially in suppressive. But if it was coupled with marksmanship that would be brutal! Especially since in SP he can’t gain a 5man bonus. Maybe make it an Aleph exclusive so he wouldn’t be too strong in starmada. But aside from that I love him.

Anyway, let me know what you think and if you have had any stellar experiences with him. :)

2. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Excellent in Steel Phalanx, one of the reason why I think it's the only faction that can run a 10 troopers list that doesn't suck. Lets you do both the big order skew and the high arm / high wounds skew to make the archetype work.

3. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

I personally like him best in steel. As you point out he's a little underwhelming at shooting for his cost. So I don't love him operating solo in vanilla, though have had success.

In steel the link bonuses and other teammates help to paper over some of his weaknesses. You can cheapishly pump him up with thorikites. You can attach him to drs and engineers to patch him up to brute force engagements. Or you can pair him with myrmidons which give him different engagement options.

My preference is the myrmidon link, smoke/eclipse let's him bypass unfavorable engagements, Mac is an amazing Dr, and you can use myrmidons native mod stacking to remove road blocks that are vulnerable to their tricks, which can permit you more opportunity to burn others with plasma.

I agree with @Diphoration the strategos order plus the natural order efficiency steel brings with enomotarchos allows you to effectively run very compact low order count lists, though N4 has hurt the feasibility of that slightly. (As you can now strip 2 orders of single combat groups lists).

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Methuselah

Methuselah Well-Known Member

I like him in vanilla in some missions (e.g. decapitation, panic room) because he's hard to kill and generates 3 orders, then in later turns can go on a run to kill stuff or get points in a zone. In vanilla, I usually bring the spitfire for the better rang band and additional burst.

In SP, I bring Hector in some 15 order lists (I never run 10 model lists). Usually with the plasma rifle in a thorakiti link.

He's good because he's hard to kill, pretty solid gun fighter (although, not great), and because he brings 3 orders.

5. c3gorach

c3gorach Active Member

I use him in Steel Phalanx exactly because he facilitates 10 Orders lists with his +2 Orders. Him, and Acmon in a link provide much needed Order efficiency.

Golem2God likes this.
  6. jmmelo

jmmelo Well-Known Member

Tried that it yesterday with 2 cheap Thorakites, and it was awesome... eventually I broke the team to advance one of the thoras to clear a FT with his chain rifle, and managed to put Acmon, Hector and the other Thora in suppressive in the middle of the board. LOVELY.

7. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

I've just started with SP, and this is my second list with Hector (first list had Thorakites instead of Myrmidons, and way too many snipers... but it was still a fun list)

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    ATALANTA (Total Reaction) MULTI Sniper Rifle ( | TinBot: Discover [+3]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 44)
    AGÊMA Marksman MULTI Sniper Rifle / Breaker Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    HECTOR (Lieutenant [+1 Order]) Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser, Grenades ( | TinBot: Firewall [-3]) / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 69)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    PHOENIX Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / DA CC Weapon, Heavy Pistol. (1.5 | 35)
    MACHAON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0.5 | 36)
    YUDBOT PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)
    DACTYL (Engineer, Deactivator) Combi Rifle, Flammenspeer, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Breaker Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (0 | 20)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    ANDROMEDA (Infiltration [+6]) Submachine Gun, Zapper, Flash Pulse, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 33)

5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

8. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

Who are the Yudbots assigned to? If they're on Macheon, he can't be in the entemarchos, and there's no one else to replace him. If they're on the dactyl, I'm not sure why he even needs one, as there's almost nothing for him to engineer.

9. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

Would depend on the opponent, etc. The Dactyl is there to unfreeze Hector from hacking/EM, so wanted a bot to make it a little safer to get to him. Two yudbots may be overkill for that, but didn't really have a use for the points... My other concern was Atalanta taking a single hit and going Uncon, in which case I'd want a yudbot linked to Machaon prone next to her... I'd honestly be tempted to put one yudbot on each of Machaon and the Dactyl and then just have a three-man Entromatarcos [sic]

10. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

Thanks for the input @theomc. How did you use him in your last list? Do you like to use him as a gunner once you get close enough? On your latest list I was thinking the same thing as @RollandTHTG. The lists that I build so far usually have a dactyle doc if I need someone for Atalanta. I usually try to squeeze in a Myrm officer CoC so I don’t have to worry about losing Hector if I use him aggressively. But that’s all theory since I haven’t played any games recently. :)

11. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

I do love that you have Andromeda though! She is one of my fave models in the game. I loved her before the guard changes. But now she’s so good. :D

12. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

Why not just include Acmon in the link then, especially as he brings a Tac Aware order?
    Drop the dactyl and a yudbot, add Acmon (kicking Macheon out of the link), and downgrade the Agema to a Zayin bot, and you've got a list with more orders and a better deployment zone guard.

13. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

So more like:

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]1
    ATALANTA (Total Reaction) MULTI Sniper Rifle ( | TinBot: Discover [+3]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 44)
    ZAYIN Rebot Heavy Machine Gun / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 25)
    ANDROMEDA (Infiltration [+6]) Submachine Gun, Zapper, Flash Pulse, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 33)
    HECTOR (Lieutenant [+1 Order]) Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser, Grenades ( | TinBot: Firewall [-3]) / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 69)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    ACMON Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (0 | 31)
    PHOENIX Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / DA CC Weapon, Heavy Pistol. (1.5 | 35)
    MACHAON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0.5 | 36)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation