1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official Announcement] Injected Thermoplastic miniatures

Discussion in 'News' started by Koni, Jul 29, 2021.

1. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

The one mispack I, personally, have had (Original Mushashi sculpt arm) out of hundreds of minis I advised by email, apologized for not having the code, and it was in the post within a few days. Worst part of the process was waiting for Correos and USPS to get it to me.

2. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

From my mail box a year ago. Couldn’t find the others, think I deleted them.

Edited at request. Proof of such good customer service can be obtained from me if so desired.

#902 Gwynbleidd, Dec 29, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  3. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

What are you on about?!

I've shown you the email I got from a CB employee, after I did exactly what you described. The employee required me to follow the instruction on the forum precisely or there would be no service.

The proof is below. Only provided RMA when I went through all the instruction points.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never said anything about a receipt. They do not require some product codes, they do not require images of packaging. That's what CB does and nobody else I know does that.

You can return a faulty item or request a part replacement through any kind of official GW vendor like your FLGS. My FLGS does that for me constantly, even though they're in another city. All is required is a pic of the broken or miscast part and they sort out the rest (they've got my "receipt", of course, but that has not been part of the discussion before you introduced it now).

Literally every single time I had to provide everything per instruction. Here's another case where that happened. I was provided service only after I've gone through all the hoops.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm literally quoting and showing screenshots from experience, how much more obtuse can you get?

4. Nuada Airgetlam

Literally not what happens. There's screenshots and you still keep twisting the truth. Typical.

5. Gwynbleidd

And I’ve shown you an email I got where I didn’t follow the advice and just straight up emailed the team. I never said you asked about receipts. I’m using that to illustrate my point that other companies may require it when CB doesn’t.

It appears we are at an impasse. I say there’s no issue and provide evidence, you say there is and provide evidence (though I would claim your initial evidence supports you asking for how to go through with the mispack issue rather than getting any mispack issue sorted).

#905 Gwynbleidd, Dec 29, 2021
  6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

It's been a long time since I had to get a replacement part, but they've never given me any trouble, even when I didn't have the codes available.

Morray, Hecaton, Knauf and 5 others like this.
  7. Gwynbleidd

Literally what can occur. I have three other messages where I’ve sent no picture with one detailing that the item number is possibly incorrect. I still received the parts. No twisting of the truth here. It also appears from your post that the issue was eventually resolved and CB agreed to send the part to you.

8. Nuada Airgetlam

So you've had an occurence where they allowed you to skip the required process. The one they not only instruct people to take, but require from them. That does not mean "eh, you can skip the process from that thread and just wing it". It means you were lucky and somebody was lenient. It's not the norm, it's not the process and definitely it's not a reason to dismiss somebody else's experience which aligns with the default process as described and demanded by the company itself.

9. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Why are you the ONLY one that has this problem then? Why do you discount the proof when it's contrary?
    If you've done this so many times, why do you only have one example of it not working? For the guy that's personally handled more vostoks than anyone else in the world, i figured you'd have more than one example.

10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

*sigh* why are we at this point?

For what it's worth, I'll just throw in my voice with the crowd who has had no problem with their mispack. You fill in the form, attach a photo, and provide the info you have. It's bureaucracy, but it's really simple bureaucracy. The best kind of bureaucracy.

I've had a bent part from a tournament win split pack and they replaced it with no code.
    I've had a missing part among the a bunch of random minis and even though I sent like 10 complaint codes that I couldn't tell apart, they replaced the part.

It takes time, though. Typically longer than a regular order, especially if they send a replacement order to one of their distributors.

#910 Mahtamori, Dec 29, 2021
  11. Gwynbleidd

It appears to be the norm since multiple users have reported much the same issue. I’m not dismissing your experience but mine and a large number of others have had vastly different experiences with the mispack process. Once again, the whole process is a simple one, done with little to no effort and is no more strenuous than the system employed by any other retailer, miniatures related or not.

12. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Well-Known Member

Well, there is a procedure. ID code, description and foto helps them identify, what they have to send.
    Numbers help them identify who in QC is responcible for the mistake (my wild guess) and that it was original mini. There are pirate copies in the internet, i won't post a link, but there are.

They want to make sure they help ppl who bought their miniatures and the want to find issue to make it needed less often.

Personally i had not much trouble with that system. I can also remember a scenario when i was batch-painting a pile of tohaa minis after i threw away codes (and TOHAA went OOP), and it took 2 emails to explain them situation and get missing parts. First one with a link to a form, second with "OK, give me adress". I bet you can imagine my suffering of having to have a polite and respectful conversation with a helpful human being, twice.

13. Nuada Airgetlam

I shudder to think.

14. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

The part I requested was also for Tohaa a few months ago. I bought a Gorgos 2nd hand and it had two right legs. I didn't have the codes, so i just emailed them, told them the situation and they sent me a new leg, no problem.
    OOP model
    No codes.
    Just communicated with them like a regular human being.

15. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

*edited since I feel my initial thoughts might be a little late.

Regarding any images asked of the packaging, it could be that it was damaged in transit or sent out damaged - by having the information a company can sometimes use it to prevent things happening in the future or making claims etc whilst they resolve the customer issue.

I've yet to use the CB customer service for replacing missing pieces etc, but then my model ratio of 'built models' to 'still in box/blister' is terrible :D

I'm hoping by the time I need to purchase a thermoplastic model, they will have improved and I won't have need of the service.

#915 infyrana, Dec 29, 2021
    Gwynbleidd and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  16. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

For what it's worth I too had no issues with the replacement process.
    Due to sheer number of Infinity miniatures I commission paint every year, I had to contact CB's customer support more than half a dozen times about a variety of sets (Sometimes more than one). Time is money, I work in a well organized manner, open boxes, fast check for missing parts, remove codes, foams, set up all parts on the bench. When stuff was mixed or missing I followed the procedure, but sometimes I just didn't take pic of every single set when unpacking, resulting in codes getting mixed up or even trashed. Never had any issues. I just provided as much information as possible, sent in a pic of all the codes, or all the miniatures and boxes displayed in perfect order. CB always helped and in a timely fashion. I can't say a bad word about Corvus Belli customer support. They do an awesome job. Not to say things didn't change for Sciocast miniatures or other people hadn't had issues with CB CS. Me, personally - 100% satisfaction, not a single bad experience out of more than half a dozen.

17. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

First and foremost I would strongly advice people who share emails to edit them and remove their personal information, it is better to be safe than sorry.

As far as CB's customer support, personally I have never heard anything bad for them, last month from my play group somebody bought an Alephs starter and 3 figures and the white code were missing, he contacted customer service explaining the situation and they send him the missing minis.

I am not sure what to say the process is easy, for the record the ref number is in every box and blister, you do not need to go to CB's store to find it, but even if there are issues, customer support will help with that.

18. I wonder why there are people who continue to provide their share of attention and notoriety to certain people.

Anyway, that each one feed what wants to feed ... but, please, do not complain if it grows.

TAKEZO, UpirLihi and Gwynbleidd like this.
  19. Gwynbleidd

Is that a roundabout way of saying “don’t feed the trolls”? Lol.

20. I cannot confirm or deny that statement.

I suppose that each one is adult and mature enough to know what is doing, why is doing it and if it is worth continuing to do it or not.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation